RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guide)

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.
Man Chong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guid

Unread post by Man Chong »

Anyone using the face editor on the Steam version of RTK XI?

Portraits I add on the Created Female tab shows up, but portraits I add to the "Add Head File" tab doesn't seem to show up... Wondering whether this is a Steam-specific issue or not, never had an issue with my old PC version ...

EDIT: Figured it out. The reason why it won't work because Steam creates a folder named Koei\35th, instead of Koei\San11 or Koei\RTKXI, like the old PC version does. Universal Face Editor doesn't recognize this, and will create a Koei\San11 folder and the face file inside it. This is why the face editor can edit the Created Female (because that file is in the game folder, which is the same directories) but can't edit the Add Head File (because the directory is named slightly different than Steam's)

The solution is to add all the faces you want, then when you're ready, copy the San11face01.fce file from \Koei\San11 (or RTKXI or whatever face editor generates), then copy it to \Koei\35th.
Killaz916
Scholar

Re: RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guid

Unread post by Killaz916 »

Its actually more simple then that, you can make a new profile for steam via the ini files. if you tell me all the pathways ill do it, or you can use the already included files to do so.

Inside San11Fac config file.

---PC Version---

[Ver_SAN11ENG]
VerName = San11ENG
MyDocPath = Koei\RTKXI\
RegPos = Software\Koei\RTKXI\Install
GameLng = ENG
BJStartID=447
ResFile=San11Res.bin

---Steam Version--- Will probably work, not tested, might need more changes, i need all pathways like i said.

[Ver_SAN11STEAM]
VerName = San11STEAM
MyDocPath = Koei\35th
RegPos = Software\Koei\RTKXI\Install
GameLng = ENG
BJStartID=447
ResFile=San11Res.bin
zshadden
Tyro

Re: RTKXI Face Editor (Translation & Video Instructions Guide)

Unread post by zshadden »

can you update the links please? they aren't working anymore. thanks.