After a while, I found out there was such games as the RTK and NA titles, unfortunately I grew up very poor plus these games were hard to find where I lived (and Amazon didn't exist and internet shopping wasn't really a thing lol). But eventually I played a RTK title, like 3 years ago, and I hated it. It was RTK XIV I believe.
And it is only recently I played RTK XI for the first time. And I fucking love it! RTK XI, NA 12 and NA 14 are like cheesecakes to me. I start having regrets after I had too much of them. To only dive back in as soon as the thought cross my mind again.
All that huge and irrelevant premise to ask you what are some similarities you know of and have noticed during your gameplays/readings that are shared between these periods, whether it is between characters or events?
I stumbled upon an interesting Quora post about the similarities shared between Oda Nobunaga and Cao Cao and I thought of sharing it with you. I too have felt for the longest time that these two characters were a lot alike and this Quora post took the words out of my mouth.
- They both defeated warlords that were much stronger and better established than them : Yuan Shao and Imagawa Yoshimoto.
- They both failed to unify their respective realm.
- They both became the strongest power in their respective realm.
- They both had machiavellian traits and were known for occasional impropriety/eccentricity.
- They both perpetrated massacres during their rise to power : Xuzhou and Hieizan.
- They both had in their faction the men that would eventually achieve their goal to unify their respective realm : Sima Yi, Sima Zhao, Sima Yan, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- They both were betrayed by a man under their authority that costed them a son and many loyal retainers : Cao Ang, Cao Anmin, Dian Wei, Oda Nobutada, Oda Katsunaga, Mori Ranmaru.