Full RTK11+PUK Translation Project Official Thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Looking for information to further translate RTK11+PUK

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am

Okay, I'll just do all the cleanup, fixes, and translations still needed first, then go back and correct the lines if I still have enough fire left at the end.

Never mind the question I was going to ask. I was wondering if you guys knew how to restore "Ladies at War"? My game isn't showing Scenario 14 (Scen013). I have the file, but it just won't show in-game. It shows "TwoGenius" (which I would like explained if possible, since it wasn't listed as a scenario for the game strangely) as Scenario 15, but 14 isn't there. It's weird.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am

I think there is a special requirement in order to unlock Ladies at War. I don't know which anymore, however.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:49 pm

I don't recall either, but here are the save files:
https://www.wuala.com/hellkite/Public/RoTK_Saves.rar/
You can always backup your current save file if you wish to rollback and unlock everything by yourself.
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Oh okay. I have the save files, but I do want to unlock everything myself. I've beaten the game, did it in under 10 years, beaten it with a female, and gotten 30 event stills. I'm guessing the requirement is getting all 49 event stills.

Do either of you know what this "TwoGenius" scenario is?
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Another question. For the "debate tones", are the ones in the Japanese version the same as the English, and just translated differently? I know I had some confusion creating my own characters from the originals on my PS2 because it feels like a couple are a little "off" if you know what I mean. If they're the same as the English version, I'll just go ahead and fix it as best I can to match the English version.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 am

Third question (sorry for all the questions). I found the duel tutorial messages in the Japanese file, but for some reason, they simply don't appear at all in-game. Every message is just blank. Even after I fixed them, they still won't appear. Not sure why this is. If you could enlighten me, that would be fantastic. Same goes for the debate tutorial. I can't find anything wrong in the coding regarding this, so I'm not sure what's going on. Is there a place in the code that calls the messages? If so, I could insert it.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 am

Right now, I can only tell you that this Two Genius scenario is a user-created one which is within most translation patches for some reason.

As for the rest, it might be because of previously deleted messages etc.
It would be a very lengthy progress, but I'd perhaps advise you to start from scratch using the original japanese files. You can use the translations as a reference. If for example a message in the japanese version has a special code like those [0x8b] things and the message in the translation reuses the same codes (which they should actually), you could tell that the correct message was translated. If not, you can assume that some messages were previously deleted or even added for some reason.

Of course, you are pretty much alone and do everything by yourself, so everything is very time consuming and you might not want to start from scratch, but it would be the most likely possibility to get a correct translation eventually without all those problems you are encountering at the moment.

Another problem atm is that I can't tell you if the message numbers in the japanese PUK are the same as in the english non-PUK version. So I don't know if message 264 in a japanese message file is really the same as message 264 in the corresponding english file (always taking the original files as a base). Basically, I have no idea if additional PUK messages were only added at the end of the file or also within other messages. Or if the japanese version for some reason would use even more messages (without PUK).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:53 am

Oh, yeah, I already know that the message numbers are different. The existing translation helps pinpoint which message file I'm working with.

You may be right about starting from scratch, though. Might be for the best. I could just use three instances of the editor to compare all three versions and then go with what I find. Sounds good.

Question, though. Do you happen to have the original unmodified japanese files by chance? I saved over mine when I installed the translation and I don't prefer to reinstall and lose my data. Plus, it was a confusing install to begin with. :P
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 am

Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 am

Thanks a ton. I'll do some studying and let y'all know how it'll come along.

I'll mainly be trying to just turn everything into straight up English. No added stuff, no removed stuff (I'd keep it Japanese before deleting it altogether), just straight transition.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms