Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors 3 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Albert Wesker » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:53 pm

Admin Edit: Please use this thread to discuss or get help for Dynasty Warriors 3 and DW3XL, including item and weapon help.

-----

Yo everybody this is my first time on a forum :oops: I wanted to ask whether anyone knows whether fierce warriors will ever be coming out in the uk. I ask this because i have been playing dynasty warriors for a while and i love it and the article only says in Japan and the u.s.a. if anyone would want to message me it would be kindly appreciated 8-)

p.s my fave character has to be SUN CE
Albert Wesker
Tyro

Unread postby James » Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:56 pm

I think we will be lucky to even see it in the States, unfortunately. There is no English release information at this time. :(
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby holidex » Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:52 pm

Koei might be reluctant to release DW3: Fierce Warriors any where outside of Japan. It seems that we will have to wait for all these new improvements in DW4. (There is even a release date for that game, but not DW3:FW).
holidex
Initiate

Unread postby Lord Lu Bu » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:42 am

I think DW4 will come out in 2003. :(
An artist is critical of their own work. An asshole is a failed artist who's critical of everyone elses work.
Lord Lu Bu
Langzhong

Location: A place where the government doesn't want you to know about!

Unread postby James » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:19 pm

The more I consider it the more I think there is not a snowball's chance in hell of seeing Fierce Warriors in the United States.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby AznDoDo » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:10 am

I think DW3 XBox is DW3 Fierce Warriors. It make sense cause Fierce Warrior came out this summer in Japan ( I think ), and release date on XBox is September 30. From what I've heard the features on XBox version are very similar to Fierce Warrior...sooo I hope it is.
AznDoDo
Apprentice

Unread postby Twombs » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:57 pm

I think DW4 will alot better than Fierce Warriors.
Gan Ning: Sorry I'm late, everyone, but... We'll make up for it. Right guys?
Twombs
Initiate

Unread postby Gravity » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:01 am

AznDoDo wrote:I think DW3 XBox is DW3 Fierce Warriors. It make sense cause Fierce Warrior came out this summer in Japan ( I think ), and release date on XBox is September 30. From what I've heard the features on XBox version are very similar to Fierce Warrior...sooo I hope it is.

I don't think so. The XBox version of DW3 had just some minor changes, while Fierce Warriors has many major changes.
Gravity
I Got Skillz

Unread postby AznDoDo » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:54 am

I enjoyed DW3 on my friend's PS2. So I'm going to get the XBox version when it comes out ( I don't really care even if it was a straight port from the PS2 version ). DW4 hopefully can improve, but I don't think they can fix those draw distances and lag issues. =/ I mean DW3 had pretty good graphics and it lags alot in 2 players, the graphics can't improve much in DW4. ( which I don't mind )
AznDoDo
Apprentice

Unread postby animetayl » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:16 pm

As much as I would like for Fierce Warriors to come to NA, I don't see that it ever will. Since it's released in Japan on August 29, the conversion into English would take at least a couple of months (say around November, maybe). If Koei's release date for DW4 is anywhere around what they say (March 2003), there would be too small of a time gap between the two games to make it profitable. I have little hope... :cry:
animetayl
Sky Bandit

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training