Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires Discussion Thread

Unread postby cao cao#1 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:14 pm

hi

i just found a awesome piece on a dutch games website some off you may have heard about it but still i thought i ought to tell you guys.

here is the link to the dutch website
http://www.dgs-online.nl/news_display.asp?id=12650

here is a short rough translation.

for those who thought koei was going to stop with there dynasty warriors series are totally wrong.
omega force is working around the clock to bring players in japan (hopefully in europe and amerika to) on march 18 dynasty warriors 4 empires with 2 new game modes.
soha mode will go back to its roots of the rtk era this mode will contain a map with different zones and the zones will change when you advance in the game the idea is that your influence on the game and surroundings becomes greater as you advance in the game.

you will be able to device a strategie that suits the surroundings best you will also be able to position the generals in your army in differend zones off the map this way you will make more money wich lets you make a new weapon so no more upgrading weapons by exp points at least in soha mode you will be able to order a black smith to make your weapon awesome he.

your bonds politics and strategies will affect the game in many ways because you form an alliance with the generals in your army this means that during a battle they can decide to switch sides during and betray you.
you will also be able to follow the historicall story or a completely differend one also you will be able to use your own created general in soha mode.

the second mode kyoto mode will let you play with your 2 player buddy and the goal is to slaughter as many enemies as possible .

hope you find this info as exciting as i do
cao cao#1
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SilverKey » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:40 pm

They should just focus on DW5. If this comes out it might be the last of the DW Series. That would be bad.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
SilverKey
Student

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:15 pm

SilverKey wrote:They should just focus on DW5. If this comes out it might be the last of the DW Series. That would be bad.

KOEI is just being crafty here. Instead of thinking of a completely new system for DW5, they instead just produce another add-on to DW4! I wouldn't mind if it has new characters and stages available, which'll be bearable for the loss of DW5 for the moment...
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Ma Zhi Xuan » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:16 pm

I hope they create new levels and maps for the stages because the DW4 maps were awful, and hopefully they'll add more characters to the game as well.
Ma Zhi Xuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In the Symphony of Destruction. Clashing the cymbols.

Unread postby Stuart » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:31 pm

Ive not heard anything about this from KOEI yet, so i remain skeptical. However, this does sound like a cool new feature, and i can't wait to try it out. This also doesn't sound like too much to be another add on pack, so hopefully in time they will annouce more features, if it exsists at all.....
Stuart
The Shining One

KOEI supposedly has a press conference for it on Friday

Unread postby Godfrey de Bouillon » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:10 pm

Tomorrow we should be able to see if this is real or not. It sound's interesting enough, kind of a mix of Xtreme mode and their RotTK series, but what's with the kyoto mode? A two player survival mode or something to that effect? It will be nice if Soha mode is like RotTK games and each officer has different stats for politics, charisma, and so forth, for instance some one like Pang Tong would win most of the battles through ploys while someone like Lu Bu would just smash through the enemies ranks and use little strategy while Cao Cao would use politics to gain allies and vanquish enemies and Liu Bei would use his charisma to gather allies. Certainly would add more variety to the game.
Count Godfrey de Bouillon, Duke of Lower Lorraine, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri
"Having already decapitated many an enemy with a single stroke, Godfrey swung his sword at another adversary and cut him cleanly in half."
Vive Dieu Saint Amour!
Godfrey de Bouillon
Sage

Unread postby Lu Wei » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:48 am

March 18? Maybe 2005? There is no way a game is realeased that close to the previous X-pack.
Lu Wei
Langzhong

Unread postby Devilrai » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:28 am

Though I can't read dutch but thanks for the little info on Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires.

But I think this is alittle too good to be true since there already is a Dynasty Warriors 4, Xtreme Legends and now Empires? I think Koei is just making different kinds of Dynasty Warriors that is based on the Three Kingdoms, since the rumors is that the next DW game will be set in Egypt so Koei is just adding some stuff to Dynasty Warriors 4 to end with a bang.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby J Rocket R » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:40 am

Let's Rocket and Roll!!!
J Rocket R
Initiate

Unread postby killer-san » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:25 pm

Can anybody write what the all mean on the site??
<---------- The greatest game ever!!!!
killer-san
Assistant

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training