A perfect world

Discuss literature (e.g. books, newspapers), educational studies (getting help or opinions on homework or an essay), and philosophy.

Do you have an idea of a perfect world?

Yes
50%
No
33%
Others (please explain)
17%

Total votes : 30

A perfect world

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:40 am

I have a personal confession to make. When I was in high school, I wonder if the world would be a better place if everyone were to think the way I do and do things the way I do.
Well, now I know better.
Anyway, I hope to see what other people think about how we can improve the world and the lives of those around us (including ourselves).
Hey, please don’t argue over if the world can be perfect or not. I just want to see how others view the world.
"...pia fraus, the heritage of all those who have 'improved' mankind....ever doubted their right to tell lies. Nor did the doubt their posession of other rights..."
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

Unread postby Travis » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:49 am

Destroying all weapons would help make it alot more peaceful, but not perfect. Perhaps if all the government in the world got together to make a fair one world government wou help as well.
"Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith, Be Men of Courage, Be Strong, Do everything in Love" - Master Lee's School Motto-

Formerly Schwarz Bruder/Taishi Ci
Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Justin » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:56 am

Get rid off poverty and homelesness. Doing this I think would really help our world be alot better off.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Lu Bu » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:26 am

Peace would be a good start to things. Like the world has tried that!
An artist is critical of their own work. An asshole is a failed artist who's critical of everyone elses work.
Lord Lu Bu
Langzhong

Location: A place where the government doesn't want you to know about!

Unread postby the_master_monk » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:16 am

What do I think of the world? Personally I have almost come to the conclusion that the world is nothing but chaos. It is nothing but cause and effect. Ironically; the perfect world existed on earth before humans became smart enough to destroy it and themselves. Think about the peace that must have been on earth when humans were not around? On the topic, I would like to see a world where everyone sees one another as equal human beings; judgement free. This will not the world perfect; however it may result in a peaceful world. qed.
A drunken man's word is a sober man's thought.
the_master_monk
Tyro

Unread postby Sun jian » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:06 pm

i agree and if there was no judgement there would be no reason to hate someone you don't know! get to know them before you judge them. a lot of conflicts wouldn't happen if people didn't judge a book by its cover before opening it and reading it.
Sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Fan Kong » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:45 pm

Most can agree that the world is in chaos. This chaos creates the world's defense industry. With the U.S. being the largest weapons maker in the world, they are the prime benefactor of the worlds chaos.....heh.....many will consider the U.S. the prime instigator as well.

Some believe the U.S. is causing all this trouble in its never ending pursuit of oil. I once heard a speech on the radio that the U.S. spent more money on Desert Storm than the amount of oil they could have extracted from Kuwait. So this would lead me to believe that the wars are not about oil, but nothing more than supporting the defense industry. Why does the U.S. support Israel? Why does the U.S. try to keep North and South Korea separated? Why does the U.S. claim they support the "one-China" policy yet sell arms to Taiwan? What other reason could it be but to support the defense CORPORATIONS of the U.S.? Corporations hold far too much power in the world and especially in the U.S. Remove the influence of corporations on our world's governments and we will be one step closer to peace.
Fan Kong
Langzhong

Location: Chasing the citizens of Shu........ChangBan part deux!!! >:)

Unread postby Travis » Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:16 pm

All Countries are just as guilty as any other. The US isn't the entire source of the worlds problems. China is just as guilty, so is Russia, so Iraq. To say one country is guilty above all is nuts.
"Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith, Be Men of Courage, Be Strong, Do everything in Love" - Master Lee's School Motto-

Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Fan Kong » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:14 pm

As far was I can see:
Russia: Baltic/Slavic region
China: Asia
U.S.: Latin America, Asia, Middle East

So, unless you can argue otherwise, it seems the U.S. causes problems in more regions than any other super power.
Fan Kong
Langzhong

Location: Chasing the citizens of Shu........ChangBan part deux!!! >:)

Unread postby Travis » Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:38 pm

Note the USSR and it's remains caused just as much trouble in Asia (Setting Communist nations), Europe (Berlin Wall, Iron Curtian), Latin America (Cuban Missle Crisis, setting up Communist Govt.), and the Middle East (Afganhistan, forcing Communist Govt. there, Unaccountable Nuclear material in what was once the USSR), and even the killing of it's own citizens (15 million dead under Stalin's, currently poverty ridden, Chechin Terrorism). As I said to blame a single country is absurd and baised. Next, If it wasn't the US doing these things (which if they are is contestable), than it would be someone else doing it. So if it wasn't the US it would be China, If it wasn't China it would be England or someone. A perfect is world is not just a world without the US.

Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Literature, Academics, and Philosophy