Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Dynasty Tactics II?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Unsure
2%
Never played it…
13%

Total votes : 142

Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Unread postby James » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:04 pm

This thread is for all kinds of discussion regarding Koei’s upcoming game, Dynasty Tactics 2 (announced by Koei for release in Japan in March 2003).

Here is the original announcement made in this forum by Spookybanana:

spookybanana wrote:Dynasty Tactics 2 has been announced by KOEI, and is set for a Japanese release date in March 2003.

Some of the new features include the ability to do longer than 10 combination attacks, selecting Lu Bu as your starting character, and improved battle systems, diplomacy, and CGI videos.

Here are some pictures...
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/products/products/ee/new/sansenki2/sansenki2_01.htm
Last edited by James on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Famed Hero » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:36 am

I would only hope that this game isn't nearly as time consuming as the first DT. Or maybee I was just getting too addicted :lol:
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:47 am

LiuBei wrote:I would only hope that this game isn't nearly as time consuming as the first DT. Or maybee I was just getting too addicted :lol:

Haha, I should imagine that it will be much more addicting, I feel Dynasty Tactics left a lot of room for improvement. Play started to become too monotonous and battles from time to time started to become chores. I have high hopes for the second release though.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby spookybanana » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:58 pm

I suppose the question now is that if it will come out in the US. I am fairly sure that DT2 has a good chance of doing so. KOEI has said that they wish to expand their overseas market, and have recently sent lots of their games over to the US (Crimson Sea, DW3:XL, Mystic Heroes). The problem now is how much longer...
spookybanana
Initiate

Location: waiting for the right chance to steal DT2 off of the KOEI's executive's coffee table

Unread postby Andrew » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:13 am

Yeah, DT2 will probebly be in north america in like 2004, thats if it comes.
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Fighter » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:10 am

I really look forward to DT2. I haven't been into the platform strategy games until RTK 6, and then I slowly gotten into them. I do believe there are many things that they could have done better, but the game still hooked me. Its my favorite strategy at this moment. I do think it would be cool if you could create a character in the game. But otherwise, it will be up to waiting for the game to come out.
Fighter
Sage

Location: "Welcome to Corneria!" "I like swords." "Welcome to Corneria!"

Unread postby Andrew » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:17 pm

They should let you play as all the leaders ie Yuan Shao, Lu Bu, ect that would add a lot to the game.
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby spookybanana » Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:59 pm

So far, it has been announced that you can play as Lu Bu also. That's good! :)
spookybanana
Initiate

Location: waiting for the right chance to steal DT2 off of the KOEI's executive's coffee table

Unread postby Andrew » Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:25 am

Yeah, everyone seams to wanna play as Lu Bu for some reason.
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Inhuman » Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:54 pm

spookybanana wrote:So far, it has been announced that you can play as Lu Bu also. That's good! :)

Yeah that woud mix up the gameplay a little, but I much rather play as someone like Yuan Shao, Ma Teng, or even Liu Biao than good old Lu Bu.
"If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here, I certainly would've walked away by now." -Tool
Inhuman
Assistant

Location: Looking down on the masses from atop the Dark Tower

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games