Most Wanted New Strategist?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Most Wanted New Strategist?

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Who is your most wanted new strategist to be added to Dynasty Warriors?
My vote goes to Chen Gong. Very good, very capable, massive potential in his storyline.
Im not gonna make a poll cause there are LOADS of strategists who can be named, and therefore adding a poll wouldnt be so good. Sorry, this and that i dnt knw many strategists.
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Skode » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 pm

MistroPain wrote:
Skode wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:I think if Koei does add another strategist, it will be someone more remarakble during the 3 kingdoms period...or maybe one of Sima Yi's sons?


Like Jia Xu, Xun Yu or Chen Gong basically :lol: . Take into consideration the timeline the game covers and those 3 aside there aint many stand outs for creation by Koei - who else is there... Lu Su or Zhang Zhao for Wu but they have enough strategists. Shu had no such men at there disposal until Xu Shu but he wasnt there long enough and i certainly dont think that Mi Zhu or Sun Qian would be viable, of the others maybe Guo Tu because of his links with Yuan Shao and Zhang He but no one else stands out.

One of Sima Yis sons is pointless until they expand the timeline the games cover and if the do so surely Deng Ai would get the first draft as well as the return of Jiang Wei


Gou Tu REMARKABLE??
Are you joking, the guy is a joke, he is one of the worst strategists ever, if it wasnt for him, Yuan Shao may have prevailed against Cao Cao, or at least held up for MUCH longer, in fact it was his fault Zhang He switches to Cao Cao, and Zhang He had the smart plan, i will NEVER accept him as a new addition to the game, he is so rubbish.
Im sorry i had to burst out like that, but GOU TU!!!
Now Shen Pei, he was a good strategist under Yuan Shao, same with Tien Feng but he wouldnt be that good as he was in prison the whole time.
BTW to say Shu has no good strategist is also wrong there is:
-Chen Deng (plays games with Lu Bu causing his defeat, then again thats it)
-Deng Zhi (smart, good enough, lead vanguards aswell as one time nearly cooking himself to create an alliance between Shu and Wu)
-Fei Yi (nearly as smart as Jiang Wei, very good and capable strategist)
-Fa Zheng (arguably the best strategist in Shu, very good leader, apparently Zhuge Liang thinks that if Fa Zheng was still alive then Yiling would never have happened)

BTW Sun Qian and Mi Zhu are both perfectly good players to add.

BTW just a hint to everyone here, i only just noticed weve been off topic for a LONG time, were not talking about Unique NPC's, instead were talking about players to add.
Sorry to ruin the fun, it is a very good conversation, lets move this all to the Shu wanted list or watever.
Here i made a thread, lets use this:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=


Indeed but Guo Tuo for his story is interesting, its not about who was all the more intelligent but who can have there personalities best incorperated into the game via cutscenes (as there NPCs after all).

On your argument regarding Shu tacticians i am well aware of the value of say Fa Zheng but you mis-read my post i presume - i was talking about those at Shus disposal before Zhuge Liang joined as with him and Pang Tong there is no nead for one after his arrival (save post Kongming death like Jiang Wei). Zhuge Liang is one of THE main characters in DW series and he will not be paled into the background for no one else and thus extra Shu tacticians are not neccisary as they would get no cutscene coverage and at the very best 2-3 quotes in game. If thats there lot then give me Ma Dai etc instead and leave the Shu tactician count to 3 (including Jiang Wei)
User avatar
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: lost in the forest, never to return

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Skode wrote:
MistroPain wrote:
Skode wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:I think if Koei does add another strategist, it will be someone more remarakble during the 3 kingdoms period...or maybe one of Sima Yi's sons?


Like Jia Xu, Xun Yu or Chen Gong basically :lol: . Take into consideration the timeline the game covers and those 3 aside there aint many stand outs for creation by Koei - who else is there... Lu Su or Zhang Zhao for Wu but they have enough strategists. Shu had no such men at there disposal until Xu Shu but he wasnt there long enough and i certainly dont think that Mi Zhu or Sun Qian would be viable, of the others maybe Guo Tu because of his links with Yuan Shao and Zhang He but no one else stands out.

One of Sima Yis sons is pointless until they expand the timeline the games cover and if the do so surely Deng Ai would get the first draft as well as the return of Jiang Wei


Gou Tu REMARKABLE??
Are you joking, the guy is a joke, he is one of the worst strategists ever, if it wasnt for him, Yuan Shao may have prevailed against Cao Cao, or at least held up for MUCH longer, in fact it was his fault Zhang He switches to Cao Cao, and Zhang He had the smart plan, i will NEVER accept him as a new addition to the game, he is so rubbish.
Im sorry i had to burst out like that, but GOU TU!!!
Now Shen Pei, he was a good strategist under Yuan Shao, same with Tien Feng but he wouldnt be that good as he was in prison the whole time.
BTW to say Shu has no good strategist is also wrong there is:
-Chen Deng (plays games with Lu Bu causing his defeat, then again thats it)
-Deng Zhi (smart, good enough, lead vanguards aswell as one time nearly cooking himself to create an alliance between Shu and Wu)
-Fei Yi (nearly as smart as Jiang Wei, very good and capable strategist)
-Fa Zheng (arguably the best strategist in Shu, very good leader, apparently Zhuge Liang thinks that if Fa Zheng was still alive then Yiling would never have happened)

BTW Sun Qian and Mi Zhu are both perfectly good players to add.

BTW just a hint to everyone here, i only just noticed weve been off topic for a LONG time, were not talking about Unique NPC's, instead were talking about players to add.
Sorry to ruin the fun, it is a very good conversation, lets move this all to the Shu wanted list or watever.
Here i made a thread, lets use this:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=


Indeed but Guo Tuo for his story is interesting, its not about who was all the more intelligent but who can have there personalities best incorperated into the game via cutscenes (as there NPCs after all).

On your argument regarding Shu tacticians i am well aware of the value of say Fa Zheng but you mis-read my post i presume - i was talking about those at Shus disposal before Zhuge Liang joined as with him and Pang Tong there is no nead for one after his arrival (save post Kongming death like Jiang Wei). Zhuge Liang is one of THE main characters in DW series and he will not be paled into the background for no one else and thus extra Shu tacticians are not neccisary as they would get no cutscene coverage and at the very best 2-3 quotes in game. If thats there lot then give me Ma Dai etc instead and leave the Shu tactician count to 3 (including Jiang Wei)


Oh, sorry :oops:
I agree with you then, and now i can definatly see that Gou Tu can play a big role in the game, especially since IMO he is the main reason Yuan Shao falls, those tactics of his ruined Yuan Shao and he continued by ruining Yuan Tan aswell. However, i still think Shen Pei would be better as he is that very honourable strategist. Both ofcourse would be better :D
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:52 pm

Well, What about Guo Jia? Cao Cao's Zhou Yu if you ask me...
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
User avatar
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 am
Location: location location.

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:26 am

WuLordoftheNewAge wrote:Well, What about Guo Jia? Cao Cao's Zhou Yu if you ask me...


I would personally love the guy to be added (since he fills in the gap where Sima Yi wasnt there, although there is still a gap after he dies).
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby talon1579 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:51 am

Xun Wenruo? He was Cao's strategist for a long time. Admittedly he often ended up guarding Xu Chang rather than campaigning. But he died about the time Sima Yi started mattering.
User avatar
talon1579
Changshi
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:41 pm
Location: London, UK

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Guo Jia would be a nice addition as a strategist. KOEI might even creates a rivalry between him and Sima Yi.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
User avatar
Kasumi14
Sage
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Never,neverland

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:Guo Jia would be a nice addition as a strategist. KOEI might even creates a rivalry between him and Sima Yi.


He dies waay before Sima Yi joins Cao Cao dnt he??
Or am i mistaken in the book again :?
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Hah, like KOEI ever cared about historical accuracy in their more recent games.

As for Guo Jia he would fit perfectly in this. Unlike how a lot of the Wei non-warrior characters, he could fit perfectly as some kind of paragon of loyalty and intelligence, and his story would fit perfectly if they did a "what if" with his story mode, going on where he could easily develop a rivalry with Sima Yi and respect and admiration for Zhuge Liang, though he, unlike Jiang Wei, would remain loyal to Cao Cao. I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased since I've been a Guo Jia fan since day one. Admittedly we'd have to ponder what kind of weapon he'd be given but eh, who knows? Though I can think of one of the bigger holes being that if Guo Jia is included, it'd be kind of lame if they didn't also showcase the Northern campaign AFTER Guan Du, and that would be a lame battle if it was fought against only NPC's...your thoughts?
Cao Ah Man
Scholar
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:35 am
Location: London, England

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Cao Ah Man wrote:Hah, like KOEI ever cared about historical accuracy in their more recent games.

As for Guo Jia he would fit perfectly in this. Unlike how a lot of the Wei non-warrior characters, he could fit perfectly as some kind of paragon of loyalty and intelligence, and his story would fit perfectly if they did a "what if" with his story mode, going on where he could easily develop a rivalry with Sima Yi and respect and admiration for Zhuge Liang, though he, unlike Jiang Wei, would remain loyal to Cao Cao. I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased since I've been a Guo Jia fan since day one. Admittedly we'd have to ponder what kind of weapon he'd be given but eh, who knows? Though I can think of one of the bigger holes being that if Guo Jia is included, it'd be kind of lame if they didn't also showcase the Northern campaign AFTER Guan Du, and that would be a lame battle if it was fought against only NPC's...your thoughts?


If they do add Gou Jia it would just be more sensible for either Yuan Shao to live longer (for the Northern Expeditions after Guan) or they bring Yuan Xi/Shang/Tan into the game aswell (something i would personally love, screw Wen Chou and Yan Liang when you can get those three! :D ) and maybe also add Yuan Shao's nephew, he seems to be the best out of the four. Gou Jia will just make it better as he is the person who lead there demise.
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved