DOAE Dong Zhuo mod

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

DOAE Dong Zhuo mod

Unread postby Lord Lu Xun » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:56 am

I'm starting on a Dong Zhuo mod for DOAE. Does anybody have ideas for possible changes?

I think the Yellow turban area should stay. Dong Zhuo did fight the turbans, after all. The Dong Zhuo area could be swapped with Ding Yuan and others that shall prevent you from deposing the Emperor. Actually, since Dong Zhuo killed the Emperor, Dong Zhuo's position in the Chang'an battle could be filled by the emperor, with Ding Yuan as Zhang Ji and someone else as Jia Xu. If Dong Zhuo's region is made into the deposition of the emperor, it would match with Lu Bu's betrayal of Ding Yuan, but Gemsword should be replaced with Red Hare. It'd be a bit odd to have two Red Hares, so Chi Tu Ma should be changed to something else. Any ideas?

Yuan Shu could be changed to Zhang Lu. Yuan Shao could be swapped for Meng Huo. Lu Bu joining Meng Huo might be a bit odd though. Jingzhou should be changed to Liu Biao. Liu Zhang should still be Liu Zhang. Wu could be changed to Ma Teng. Wei could be changed to the final coalition force. Yuan Shao would be swapped for Cao Pi, and would be betrayed by Lu Bu (Lu Bu would still appear in Shu, but his dying script shoud be changed). The final battle would be Yuan Shu & Liu Bei as the Sima brothers, and Lu Bu, Diao Chan, Wang Yun, Sun Jian, and Cao Cao as Sima Yi's final battle.

I'm planning to edit the text so Dong Zhuo sounds much more evil than Liu Bei was...

Um, how do you take screenshots?
Last edited by Lord Lu Xun on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speed is the essence of war- Sun Tzu
Lord Lu Xun
Academic

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:08 am

If you want to take a screenshot from the emulator, check the help file to see how to do it. Otherwise, hit the Print Screen button to copy an image of your screen and then paste it in Paint or something to get your picture.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Lord Lu Xun » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:21 am

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:If you want to take a screenshot from the emulator, check the help file to see how to do it. Otherwise, hit the Print Screen button to copy an image of your screen and then paste it in Paint or something to get your picture.
Thanks!
Lord Lu Xun
Academic

Unread postby Lord Lu Xun » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 am

Okay, I've started the Yellow Turban area. I'm probably not going to make many changes here. One problem, though is than none of Dong Zhuo's starting officers were really good. I need to give somebody high stats...maybe Zhang Ji. Does anyone have anyone else?
Lord Lu Xun
Academic

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:40 am

Why not Hua Xiong? Xu Rong was also a great officer.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby James » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:13 am

Li Ru!

Jia Xu? :P
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhao Guang » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:20 pm

I would say Li Ru also. He was simply brilliant.
Zhao Guang
Apprentice

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 pm

In the DoaE2 Cao Cao mod that was released, the game started you with Cao Ren and Cao Hong in place of Zhang Fei and Guan Yu. Cao Hong, in particular, was quite a step down. But not only were they there, they also stayed with you for much of the game, even when you obtained better officers. ;)

So having a Xu Rong with decent stats (say, 200 Str, 155 Int) wouldn't be a bad thing, to go along with Hua Xiong (230 Str, 105 Int?). I'd say to have Li Ru join in the Liu Feng slot, unless that's where you're going to introduce Lu Bu.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:56 pm

I'd say keep Lu Bu in the Lu Bu slot, replace the Gemsword with Red Hare, and have Lu Bu defect in the section where you're fighting AFTER the alliance.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Lord Lu Xun » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:26 am

Hua Xiong, Xu Rong and Li Ru wuold work. I'll leave Dong Zhuo's first four generals as Li Jue, Guo Si, Zhang Ji,and Fan Chou. I could replace Mi Zhu with Li Ru, Chen Deng with Hua Xiong, and Liu Feng with Xu Rong. However, this would leave you with an extremely talented strategist during the Yellow Scarves area. Hmm...Hua Xiong and Xu Rong could join instead of Mi Zhu and Chen Deng, and Li Ru could join instead of Liu Feng, but that would leave you with no strategist in the Yellow Scarves area. I probably will go with the first approach.

I'm still not sure who to replace Zhuge Liang or Pang Tong with. Maybe Jia Xu?
Lord Lu Xun
Academic

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games