Destiny of an Emperor Yuan Shu Mod

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Destiny of an Emperor Yuan Shu Mod

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:19 am

Updated November 2011!

Pictures below in this first post are no longer relevant for the most part, scroll down for more information on everything that has been added, along with new pictures.

:arrow: Download Yuan Shu DoaE Mod

Fun Yuan Shu action. Here is a list of the new allies, characters that have been switched in for Liu Bei's army (out / in).

Liu Bei - Yuan Feng
Zhang Fei - Yuan Yin
Guan Yu - Lu Fan
Song Yong - Chen Ji
Song Ren - Chen Lan
Chen Deng - Sun Ce
Han Zhong - Han Xian
Liu Feng - Yuan Shu
Yang Jin - Yue Jiu
Guan Ping - Li Feng
Huo Hu - Lei Bo
Wang Gui - Han Xin
Zhou Chao - Liang Ji
Zhou Cang - Liang Gang
Zhao Yun - Ji Ling
Wei Yan - Zhang Xun
Dan Fu / Xu Zhe - Liu Ye
Zhuge Liang - Huo Hu
Guan Xing - Lu Fan +
Zhang Bao - Yuan Yin +

All of the above have level up's save for Yuan Feng, Sun Ce and Liu Ye. Lu Fan + and Yuan Yin + are slightly buffed clones of their previous version (just re-added so that they join again for Wu).

Enemies (out / in)

Han Zhong - Han Xian
Lei Bo - Zhang Bao
Chen Ji - Guan Xing
Ji Ling - Liao Hua
Zhang Xun - Wang Fu
Han Xian - Liu Feng
Li Feng - Guan Ping
Liang Ji - Liu Chan
Chen Lan - Jiang Wan
Liang Gang - Zhou Cang
Yuan Shu - Liu Bei
Yuan Yin - Zhang Fei
Lu Fan - Guan Xing
Yuan Shao - Guan Yu
Yuan Tan - Gongsun Qian
Yuan Xi - Zhao Yun
Tian Feng - Zhang Yan
Ma Yan - Wei Yan
Lu Xiang - Zhao Lei
Zhang Yi - Yuan Shao
Zhang He - Zhang Fei +
Ju Shou - Xu Shu
Wei Yan - Zhang Xun
Gao Pei - Zhang Fei ++
Wang Lei - Zhuge Liang
Wei Xu - Cao Cao

There's a spot on the main site for the Yuan Shu mod of course.

http://www.lordyuanshu.com/destiny-of-a ... an-shu-mod

Thanks to Niahak and his DoaEditor. To all who download and play, I hope you enjoy. Feedback is welcome.

Last edited by Lordyuanshu on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:22 am

Awesome! I'm looking forward to playing this after (or perhaps during) my little ongoing project. :D

Edit: HAHA… Huo Hu!
If you go in with a Hex editor and find the odd hexadecimal value right before Huo Hu's name (What was once Zhu Ge Liang), and change it to 'FF', 'Huo Hu' will appear on two lines like it is supposed to.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 am

Yea I've opened it in a hex editor but I don't know which numbers correspond to Zhuge Liang (since I'm not seeing any actual names at all in this). I can live without it.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:01 am

Lordyuanshu wrote:Yea I've opened it in a hex editor but I don't know which numbers correspond to Zhuge Liang (since I'm not seeing any actual names at all in this). I can live without it.

Yeah, it is no huge deal.

But if you load Wind Hex and that doae.tbl file mentioned by Niahak earlier you'll be able to see all the officer names. I would give you the exact location but it has almost certainly moved with all the names you've changed.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 am

That Wind Hex is nice. I may have figured it out...you literally meant the odd number before Huo Hu's name right? There was a 5 and I changed that value to FF and saved....hopefully it works now.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:29 am

Lordyuanshu wrote:That Wind Hex is nice. I may have figured it out...you literally meant the odd number before Huo Hu's name right? There was a 5 and I changed that value to FF and saved....hopefully it works now.

Yeah... whatever the value was prior to the hexadecimal for 'H' in Huo Hu. For most officers this character is 'FF', and it tells the game to wrap the two names onto two lines. This is waved for three-part names like Zhu Ge Liang because the game tries to place 'Ge Liang' on the second line. They wave it by placing a value aside from 'FF' prior to the name (the value changes but I'm not sure if the actual function does).

'FF' tells it to display as:

Huo
 Hu
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:38 am

Ok I think I screwed with his portrait color earlier. But now I found the value immediately left of the H on Huo and changed it to FF....so all is well.

By the way, to answer your question about Zhao Yun...he is not recruitable, neither is Gongsun Qian. I had them take over Yuan Tan / Yuan Xi's spots for this reason.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Destiny of an Emperor Yuan Shu Mod

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Wow, 4 years.

Destiny of an Emperor Yuan Shu rom

Destiny of an Emperor Yuan Shu mod has undergone big changes. :huohu:

-~40 DoaE 2 sprites added
-~50 DoaE 2 and 3 portraits added
-Battle tested often; Medium/Hard difficulty
-More officers in most boss battles.
-5 extra boss battles (battles restored from the code, ie Zhou Cang's ambush, Wei Yan / Huang Zhong ambush, etc)
-Some map editing.

Yuan Yin sprite / portrait combo

Wen Hun and Yan Liang coming to attack Yuan Shao

DoaE II Zhang Lu

Yang Hong...Jiu Swilling Souse sprite! Need to add this to the list, I think it's "65".

Cao Cao battle loaded with DoaE 2 sprites

The pride of the Jin Xuan mod!

Barely survived this battle, Meng Huo with AD 244 was impossible to kill (since toned down to 200).

Still to come?

-Some more DoaE 2 sprites.
-Tactic altering
-Further map editing

Other ideas are welcome.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:46 pm

I'll give it a go when I beat the Lu Bu mod again + bonus battle. Random ideas:

Bonus Battles: Since gates can be re-appointed to certain hexes, bonus battles can exist in the game. As an idea I don't think sonic has implemented (not sure, haven't actually beat one yet), how about having treasures and such hidden behind bonus battle terrain. So, you can get better equipment if you beat hard battles for the area you're in.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:17 am

Thanks, it will be good to hear your analysis.

Never thought about bonus areas. That might not be a bad idea. We can move any gate and castle, but in addition to that there are five battles we can assign anywhere we want; the Xu Huang / Guo Jia / Song Xian battle that never happens, the Wang Lang / Chen Jiao battle that never happens, the Yan Xun battle that never happens, the Wei Yan / Huang Zhong ambush that never happens and the Zhou Cang fight in the cave that never happens. As it is I just scattered them in random spots throughout the game to beef up certain areas. Might be hard to create bonus battles though, most of the end chapter boss battles are pretty tough (I suppose it could be possible to use enemies from a different area as the bonus battles).
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games