What Do you think is the hardest Map on Chaos Mode? DW 5

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

What Do you think is the hardest Map on Chaos Mode? DW 5

Unread postby Jedi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:09 pm

I think Wu Zhang Plains as Wei is the hardest Shu takes over everything so fast you have to be the leader to make sure the leader doesnt die lol.

And Guan Yu's Escape as Xiahou Dun is kinda hard too

Then you have Huo lao Gate Vs Lu Bu
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:21 pm

That unique Sun Ce battle (sorry i forget what it's called) is a right pain on chaos. As is the battle of Wu Zhang Plains
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jedi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Skode wrote:That unique Sun Ce battle (sorry i forget what it's called) is a right pain on chaos. As is the battle of Wu Zhang Plains

The Trials of Sun Ce is what it is called
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FuguNabe » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Jedi wrote:The Trials of Sun Ce is what it is called

That stage on Chaos is beyond annoying.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:49 am

Well, the Trials of Sun Ce is an annoying level (Yu Ji's taunts don't do much to help, either), but in terms of maps, it's gotta be He Fei Castle due to the sheer amount of running. It doesn't help that it's only after you get to the bowels of the castle do the enemy reinforcements appear on those damn boats, and you have to un-do the maze to get out to fight them. :x
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Adam » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:48 am

Thanks to Xiahou Jia it's the Yellow Turban Rebellion with a character that has nothing added to him (experience nor items nor weapons)...my gods that's horrible.
'Course it might be better in plain DW5...it's a nightmare in Empires.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jedi » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:44 pm

Then you have Guan Yu's escape that is hard as Guan Yu or Xiahou Dun but I think Xiahou Dun has the harder verson of it. STUPID ZHAO YUN ALWAYS KILLS ME
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:49 am

You know what's weird, when I was going through Xiahou Dun's musou mode the first time I had a really hard time with Guan Yu's Escape. It took me many, many tries and lots of swearing (yes, I swear, but only at pixels!) before I got through it. Of course, my XHD wasn't fully maxed out by then, but I was thinking, "man, this level would SUCK on Chaos."

But now that I'm doing it on Chaos, I got it on the third try. The first two times I got ganged up on by Zhao Yun, Zhou Cang, Zhang Fei, and Liu Bei--I was in musou rage and couldn't see a damn thing, and all of a sudden I'd die without knowing how. Then I got smarter and fought them one at a time (who'd have thunk!), and I find that you can pretty much kill them with one musou rage each (there are 4 on the map, plus whatever you get from your 4th weapon).

Hu Lao is annoying because it's an early stage for most characters and shouldn't be that hard. In fact, it's not hard at all until Lu Bu appears. Then good luck trying to keep Lu Bu away from Dong Zhuo. The last time (playing as Dian Wei) I only survived by ignoring all of Dong Zhuo's subofficers and focus on getting his health down, and when he calls Lu Bu in I take off and try to get my allies to deal with Lu Bu. Lu Bu kept trying to come after me, though. :( So I took off real far, and snuck back when I got another musou rage token and when there were like half a dozen allied officers keeping Lu Bu busy. Then I just musou rage'd the rest of Dong Zhuo's life out of him. It was a close call, though.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby ZenZach » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:16 am

Bai Di Castle is tough. Wu Zhang Plains is tough, and so if Fan Castle if Guan Yu does something crazy when he comes out. Hyper mode.....ahhh!
\"Do not turn your back on the various ways of this world.\"

-Miyamoto Musashi
ZenZach
Academic

Unread postby ZenZach » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:18 am

Adam Sisemore wrote:Thanks to Xiahou Jia it's the Yellow Turban Rebellion with a character that has nothing added to him (experience nor items nor weapons)...my gods that's horrible.
'Course it might be better in plain DW5...it's a nightmare in Empires.

Yeah you're right Yellow Turban battle is tough on Empires. Unless you have your character beefed up.
\"Do not turn your back on the various ways of this world.\"

-Miyamoto Musashi
ZenZach
Academic

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training