Your Favourite Dynasty Warriors Stage?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Your Favourite Dynasty Warriors Stage?

Unread postby DarkDecapodian » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:23 pm

Which battle from any instalment in the series is your personal favourite? It could be because of the intricacies of the strategies involved, standout moments for your favourite characters, or just plain ol' fun.

For me, as good as the main battles are, the more minor scenarios like 'Lu Bu's Revenge' from DW4, Guan Yu's escape and Cao Cao's retreat from Wan castle hold a certain charm for their brevity. Also, there's usually no other officers to save, so you can mash opponents with nary a care in the world :wink: .
Last edited by DarkDecapodian on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkDecapodian
Assistant

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Well since this thread disappeared, this is left open and updated in the Common Threads!!

My favourite battle has to be either Yi Ling in DW4 or Chi Bi in DW4!! These two battles have held endless enjoyment for me on either side of the battlefields, though least enjoyable is Chi Bi on Wei's side!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Mei » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:31 pm

I agree that the minor skirmishes are better. They have a certain unique quality that is just for one character.
I also enjoy Chi-Bi, due to the fact that there are more missions to do. However, there is much more Koei could do to make this a greater battlefield to play on.
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DarkDecapodian » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:35 pm

Mei wrote:I agree that the minor skirmishes are better. They have a certain unique quality that is just for one character.
I also enjoy Chi-Bi, due to the fact that there are more missions to do. However, there is much more Koei could do to make this a greater battlefield to play on.

Agreed. Like actually making it feel like a naval battle, instead of on wooden pieces of land...

Thanks to SunXia for giving this thread the go-ahead, BTW :).
DarkDecapodian
Assistant

Unread postby Mei » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:44 pm

DarkDecapodian wrote:
Mei wrote:I agree that the minor skirmishes are better. They have a certain unique quality that is just for one character.

Agreed. Like actually making it feel like a naval battle, instead of on wooden pieces of land...

Thanks to SunXia for giving this thread the go-ahead, BTW :).

Lol.
Amazingly stated. :D
My favourite minor battle is the Two Qiao's rescue in DW4. It had a certain challenge to it that no other battlefield has. Even when Zhou Yu or Sun Ce are built up, there is still a possibilty of losing, because the sisters can be easily captured by Dong Zhuo.
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:47 pm

That was a great battle, but Xiao Qiao always runs off somewhere and you're left trying to catch up but by then she's half dead and won't get life!! Still one of my favourite battles though!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Cao Cao's legend from DW4XL on Extreme - "Eve", officers as bodyguards and total chaos onscreen. Musou attacks everywhere :D
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Wu Zhang Plains in DW3 as always been my favorite stage ever. Its a major battle, involving catapults, reinforcements, a huge territory to run around and a Sima Yi/Zhuge Liang Battle.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:30 pm

My Favourite has to be DW2's YT. Its so cool. So many enemies to take out, so much fun, you cna play it again and again and not get bored. SOOOO MUCH.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue May 08, 2007 10:54 pm

It'd be a close call between Chi Bi (DW4) and Yi Ling (DW5). At a push, Yi Ling wins for sheer longevity and enjoyment.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training