Japan joins Iran in denial of history

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Japan joins Iran in denial of history

Unread postby Rommel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:58 pm

Japan PM denies war sex slaves. The US should deny using atomics in Japan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_repo ... 3309c.html
Rommel
Sage

Re: Japan joins Iran in denial of history

Unread postby Seven at One Stroke » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:59 pm

Rommel wrote:Japan PM denies war sex slaves. The US should deny using atomics in Japan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_repo ... 3309c.html

I don't see why the US should deny using WMDs in Japan. See here. Not only were the atomic bombs necessary, they also saved millions of Japanese, American lives. You see, WMDs don't destroy lives, they SAVE lives.

Similarly, I don't understand why Abe Shinzo and his buddies should even bother to deny the existence of war sex slaves. In fact, the use of war sex slaves helped to reduce the death of millions of Japanese from dying in the field due to not having raped enough women or met their weekly semen discharge requirement.

I urge Shinzo Abe not to deny the true history that saved millions of Japanese servicemen in WWII but learn from the U.S. and the deeds that made Truman one of the greatest American President. Without the war sex slaves, even MORE people would've suffered and died and the war sex slaves' sacrifices would've all been in vain.
Moderation in pursuit of actual work is no vice.
Seven at One Stroke
Sei's Slave

Unread postby English_Druid » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:00 pm

Seven, I don't understand. How does a soldier die from not having his share of raped women?

The Japanese soldiery was a brutal and savage force in China. Their acts should be universally recognised and condemned as repugnant and unconscionable.

I think you are wrong to talk about how women "sacrificed" and how that sacrifice "saved millions of Japanese servicemen." Sacrifice implies that there was some manner of choice, some voluntary offering. And those Japanese servicemen can rot in the filth and misery they reaped upon the Chinese populace.
English_Druid
Scholar of Ying Guo

Unread postby SYL » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:52 pm

I believe our friend Seven at One Stroke was employing a device known as irony.
aortic high arctic part mood altered paradise is lost
SYL
Esswhyell

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:52 pm

English_Druid wrote:Seven, I don't understand. How does a soldier die from not having his share of raped women?

The Japanese soldiery was a brutal and savage force in China. Their acts should be universally recognised and condemned as repugnant and unconscionable.

I think you are wrong to talk about how women "sacrificed" and how that sacrifice "saved millions of Japanese servicemen." Sacrifice implies that there was some manner of choice, some voluntary offering. And those Japanese servicemen can rot in the filth and misery they reaped upon the Chinese populace.

7@1 is being sarcastic.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby English_Druid » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 am

Oh, heh. Teaches me for floating over the WMD point :roll: :oops:
English_Druid
Scholar of Ying Guo

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:56 am

I thought japan didnt deny history... they paid korea and china some money for the damage and some japanese women decide to go to korea and apologize while marrying the koreans... I saw it on some website
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:30 pm

I really do not think Japan is going to own up to what it did in WWII for a long time, really because theres no awareness by the general populace in Japan of the crimes committed by Japanese soldiers.
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Koichi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:17 am

Guys guys first of all let's avoid the "Iran" scarecrow. Yes they've been kinda shady in the past few years but truthfully, "denial of history" is an old political device not exclusive to any particular country or culture.

About the article, maybe this would disappoint a few people who were hoping the new Japanese PM would take a different, more reconciliatory stance on a sensitive international issue but otherwise, nothing particularly new. What I always wondered though was why the Japanese keep up with this "revisionist" policy. Is it just "face" or is there an element of right-wing extremists in Japanese society that these politicians rely on to stay in office? I don't think this policy will do the country well in the long run because in appeasing these right-wingers the politicians are alienating their country as a whole from the international community. Japan, I would argue, is even more dependent on international trade than the US is. After all, everyone remembers the reasons Japan went to war in the first place, right?
Koichi
Scholar of Shen Zhou
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:24 am

After all, everyone remembers the reasons Japan went to war in the first place, right?

Felt left out on the playground?

I'm not too bovvered with this. British Monarch (Our head of state) still do not acknowledge/apologise for certain key events that have gone on around in their former empire. No-one is batting an eyelid, tbh.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Next

Return to Current Affairs