Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Diamond/Pearl. Excited?

Hellz yes Zeke, I am!
71%
No, I think it looks crappy!
14%
I'm a bit too old for pokemon..
14%

Total votes : 28

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Unread postby Jason » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:40 am

Wow, I just read through all the features/pokemon in this game, and I'm excited.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/ Use the key on the right, it has EVERYTHING.

I may be almost out of my teens, but I think pokemon is just so fun. There is one main reason for me buying this game. Eevee can be found in the wild, and has two new forms. I can FINALLY have a party of all of his forms with: Flareon(Fire), Jolteon(Electric), Vaporeon(Water/Ice), Umbreon(Dark), Espeon(Psychic), and what will probably be Leafeon(Grass). There is also a Glaceon, for ice, but Vaporeon can learn ice moves, so he will be odd man out. It's always been my pokedream to compile and Eevee party :o :o

Anyone else excited?
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Aquinas » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:05 am

I honestly do not know anybody with a DS that won't be picking up a copy and I know a few people who will be picking up a DS just for the game. We're all in our 20's as well as both male and female. The allure of online play is a strong incentive for many people to get back into the franchise.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:05 am

Well then they should take away Vaporean's ability to learn ice moves!! My favourite of the Evee's is Umbreon, my Umbreon rocks!! I really haven't played any properly since Gold so I'm not that worried, but it sounds cool that you can find eveein the wild!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Jason » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:09 am

SunXia wrote:Well then they should take away Vaporean's ability to learn ice moves!!

ALL water pokemon can for the most part. If not....chaos would occur. But it's the fact that Glaceon won't be harmed from lightning atatcks as much, since his actual type is ice. Grass also wont do as much damage, but fire will. So, there are big differences between the two on a defensive standpoint.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:34 pm

I'm itching for it, absolutely. I still have yet to really put serious time into any Pokemon game, but I don't care. Me likes me pokemon yepyep.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Exar Kun » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Despite the fact that the show got tired years ago, pokemon is still a AAA game series.
I'm in for sure.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm gonna have to wait months before this reaches my store's shelf. I think I'm still waiting for that other big DS game which I've completely forgotten. (Been that long?)
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:05 pm

Sounds cool. I just want my Mew and Mewtwo to be available.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aquinas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Ranbir wrote:I'm gonna have to wait months before this reaches my store's shelf. I think I'm still waiting for that other big DS game which I've completely forgotten. (Been that long?)
You could always import DS games since the system is region free. Rune Factory will most likely be released in Europe before North America and I'll simply import it (Which is strange since I'll be playing a European game on my Japanese DS while in North America).
Liang Shuo wrote:Sounds cool. I just want my Mew and Mewtwo to be available.
You'll have to transfer them from one of the GBA versions via Pal Park.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:43 pm

Interestingly my importing career ended before it began thanks to Lik-sang being shut 4 weeks after making an account there.

I have Play Asia now, but the cost for a DS game is always holding me back. Especially when I look at how many I want to get.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven