Destiny of an Emperor - Maximum MTP

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Destiny of an Emperor - Maximum MTP

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:02 pm

There was some discussion about max MTP earlier. The fundamental problem was that you couldn't learn Fu Bing and thus miss out on earning TP's because you can't get Xu Zhe fast enough because Fu Bing requires 220 INT to learn... Well the only other general you have access to with 220 intelligence before Xu Zhe is Liu Bei. So I am attempting to *painfully* get Liu Bei up to level 12 so he can learn Fu Bing. Right now I'm at level 11. I tried hiring and firing Mi Zhe, Song Ren, and Song Yong thinking that would help me gain experience faster... That didn't really help much and Mi Zhe uses Yan Re against you! Ouch!

Ahh...experience...

Can you handle me at level 11 with Ye Huo and 52/60 TP? MUHAHAHAHA

That's right punks!

Only 700+ experience to go :shock:

Once I get to level 12 I will try to get Li Ru before getting to level 13 so I don't miss out on any new tactics. Then I will go for Xu Zhe then Zhuge Liang ASAP.
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:22 am

I got the TP's from Fu Bing!

And I already recruited Li Ru. Now just need to get Xu Zhe before level 16 or 18 (not sure which...)
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:13 am

Always nice to see there are other DoaE nuts out there.

I figured out that Liu Bei could be used to Fu Bing (someone tipped me off in an email a while ago—was it you?) but I haven’t done it yet. Kudos to you for making it happen! Thinking it through, the next step is pretty specific. You just need to get Xu Zhe without missing any other important tactics along the way.

I imagine this could be done with good timing (I think I posted the level up requirements and average experience from battles in the other thread) or by leveling up quite a bit more (ugh) to make sure you can run through Dong Zhuo and Yuan Shu without another level up. I know it can be done, but it comes down to finding the easiest path. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:06 am

Well I screwed up... I thought Xu Zhe could learn Bei Ji but apparantly he can't. I'm right before level 18 but only half way through Jing Zhou. If I take Chang Sha that puts me at level 18 with no Bei Ji (even though I have Xu Zhe and Li Ru in my party). It can be done though! This is what you would have to do:

1. Get Liu Bei up to level 12.
2. Storm through Dong Zhuo and Yuan Shu
3. Get Xu Zhe
4. Conquer Jing Zhou and get Pang Tong
5. Finish off Yuan Shao
6. Get Zhuge Liang
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:45 am

So you think if you set out right at level 12, fighting only necessary battles, it would work?
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:55 pm

James wrote:So you think if you set out right at level 12, fighting only necessary battles, it would work?

Absolutely! I forgot a couple of steps that would make it possible... Here are the full steps:

1. *Painfully* get Liu Bei up to level 12.
2. Take Dong Zhuo's first 2 fortresses.
3. Recruit Li Ru ASAP
4. Storm through Dong Zhuo and Yuan Shu
5. Take Bo Hai castle and get Xu Zhe ASAP
6. Conquer Jing Zhou and get Pang Tong ASAP, also pick up Ma Liang
7. Finish off Yuan Shao
8. Get Zhuge Liang (and keep Ma Liang with you to learn An Sha)

I should have saved a copy of my game at level 12 but I didn't... So I will have to start over if I do this again. It might take me a little while to do the level 12 thing again.
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Yay!

Now just need to keep Pang Tong, have Ma Liang learn An Sha, and have Zhuge Liang learn Jin Xian.
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby James » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:29 pm

Awesome! So basically, you got Fu Bing with Liu Bei, ditched him, and raced as efficiently as you could to Xu Zhe, Zhuge Liang, and Pang Tong? Did you cut it close in any areas, or was it pretty easy sailing from that point? I mean, were you close to leveling where you shouldn’t have?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:01 am

James wrote:Awesome! So basically, you got Fu Bing with Liu Bei, ditched him, and raced as efficiently as you could to Xu Zhe, Zhuge Liang, and Pang Tong? Did you cut it close in any areas, or was it pretty easy sailing from that point? I mean, were you close to leveling where you shouldn’t have?

It's easy sailing if you keep these guys in your party at the start of these levels:

Levels 1-12: Liu Bei
Levels 13-15: Li Ru or Huo Hu
Levels 16-17: Li Ru or Xu Zhe
Levels 18-27: Pang Tong AND Ma Liang
Levels 28-31: Zhuge Liang

I fought only necessary battles through Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shu, and Jing Zhou but I did have experience points to spare so it really wasn't a close call. If you take Yuan Shao before Jing Zhou you can't do it though.

Here are the victory screenshots:

MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:04 pm

MiDKnighT wrote:Here are the victory screenshots:

Awesome. I would love to update the information on KMA with your findings. :)

And a side-question, do you still have all these screenshots? The ones that have been uploaded (that are displayed here) are JPG compressed, which results in a lower image quality and makes it hard to scale. PNG or GIF is usually best for graphics of this type, and most programs save them by default.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games