Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Dynasty Warriors 6 Discussion Thread

Unread postby serenerage » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:28 pm

I know that there has not been any news of DW6 out yet...but no one has started a chat on the subject yet...so lets start one. We know Koei is going to give us another game, so lets chat about it. Who do you want to see in the next game? What new featuers do you want? So fourth and so foruth. Hopefully soon we will see DW 6 being announced in here. I don't think it will be on the ps2 though.

All right the new characters that I would like to see are as followes:
Wu- Chung Pu and Xu Sheng or Han Dang
Wei- Sima Zhao
Shu- Guan Xing and Guan Hai
Other- Pei Yuan Shao

Tell me what you think! Have fun! :D

Mod Edit (KP; 10/31/06): Stickied as official DW6 discussion thread
serenerage
Tyro

Unread postby Sera » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:51 am

well i would rather they all keep the same amount of characters per kingdom, excluding 'other'

Wu - Cheng Pu
Wei - Sima Zhao and Li Dian (I dunno why but he was around me quite a lot when i played)
Shu - the other 2 of the Guan family i have to agree with
Sera
Tyro

Unread postby Wo Long » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:50 am

They better be adding atleast 15 new characters.

Wu: Lu Su, Cheng Pu, Han Dang, Ding Feng, Zhuge Jin
Shu: Ma Su, Ma Dai, Gao Xiang, Zhou Cang, Liao Hua
Wei: Jia Xu, Li Dian, Yu Jin, Yue Jin, Cao Hong

And for the Other characters, if they needed to add some, I'd say the Zhang Liang and Zhang Bao since if they added Zhou Cang, it'd expand on the Yellow Turban storyline. And then they could add maybe Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shu to get some of the earlier stories bigger.

As far as music is concerned, I'm hoping for some DW3/DW4 stuff. Brutal metal, but without the traditional instruments like they had in DW4(though I prefer it over DW3's soundtrack).

I want more levels, like 60 or something. Some should be huge like the YTR in DW3, some should be intricate like DW5's Nanman campaign(Shu forces), and I want them to get more interesting terrain. Like in DW3's Mt. Ding Jun how characters would go up the mountain slower and down faster, bring back things like geysers, etc. So the levels aren't based just on their size and the amount of room, but also all of the neat stuff in them.

I'm hoping for more saddles like the generic horses(I'd love to be able to start a level on them), more orbs(bring back the poison and lightning orbs!), and more items(like all of the ones from DW3, DW4, and DW5).

I'd like to see CaW like DW5, but more costumes and more customizability of the character themselves(hair, faces, body, etc) and Destiny Mode, but longer(like 20 battles or something since it'd be much better if it were longer). And, if they didn't decided to make an XL or Empires expansion, throw those modes in. Versus and Challenge modes would be very nice(though I don't play them much myself).

And overall, I think they need some improvement in gameplay. Novice should be like it is in DW5, but Chaos should be like it is in DW3(so it's actually challenging) and then the rest of the difficulties would be perportionally harder/easier. I think they could expand on their movesets how SW did. Things that could make playing atleast a little less monotonous.

All in all, if Koei would just get their heads out of their a**es and would try some innovation, bring back some favored features, and spend a bit more time on this, they could really make a great game. Something that could put DW3 to shame and have more innovation than any of it's predecesors.
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby serenerage » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:52 am

I have to say that I agree with you Wo Long. I think larger battlefields like YTR from DW3 would be great. I miss those long battles where you could get 1000 plus k.o.s!

The lightning orb was my fave of all and I really hope they bring it back. It angers me to see it gone.

I also agree with you on CAW! I want a whole lot of customized features. They should pick up some tips from the Sims. lol It would be fun if you had that many choices to chose from. I would like to see you be able to make some one fat like Xu Zhu. lol
serenerage
Tyro

Unread postby GreatWarrior>XiahouDun » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:54 am

I'm tired so I'm not gonna write a lot right now. :P

However, I'll just give my opinion on what characters should be added.

Assuming that Wo Long gets his wish, I'll mention 15 3K officers, and 3 Other officers.

Wei: Guo Jia, Yu Jin, Cao Hong, Yue Jin, and perhaps Deng Ai.
Shu: Ma Dai, Wang Ping, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Liu Chan. (Shu needs another ruler. :P)
Wu: Lu Su, Han Dang, Cheng Pu, Pan Zhang, Zhu Ran.
Other: Hua Xiong, Wen Chou, Yuan Shu.

I'm tired, so I'm probably forgetting people. I'll check tomorrow. :)
GreatWarrior>XiahouDun
Academic

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:06 am

I hope that in DW6 that they bring back the excitment of DW3, the weapon system of, hmm, DW4. I heard there isnt going to be any new characters in DW6, but dont they always add atleast one for each kingdom? Well the heroes i would like to see if they add more is:

Wei: (a member of the Cao family)
Wu: Han Dang (sp???), Sun Shao
Shu: Guan Xing (other Guan family member)

I hope they make they final weapons more challenging too, and allow it where ANY character can get that weapon for one person. I hope there are more levels too, what would be cool if they made it more historical that would be sweet.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby serenerage » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:08 am

No new generals? NOOOOO! They can't just leave us with 48, that is not a good number. Perhaps 100! lol
serenerage
Tyro

Unread postby ZTR » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:09 pm

All i Dont want to see is Cheng Pu, but i can proboly get a list
of people in Dynasty Warriors 6 pretty soon.
ZTR
Apprentice

Unread postby Wo Long » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:06 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:I hope that in DW6 that they bring back the excitment of DW3, the weapon system of, hmm, DW4. I heard there isnt going to be any new characters in DW6, but dont they always add atleast one for each kingdom?

There is no news of DW6 anywhere so where could you have possibly heard that?

Well the heroes i would like to see if they add more is:

Wei: (a member of the Cao family)
Wu: Han Dang (sp???), Sun Shao
Shu: Guan Xing (other Guan family member)

Interesting choices. Why exactly would you want them? There are many more deserving generals in Wei than just the Cao family. And Sun Shao...why? Guan Xing is virtually pointless without Zhang Bao. So really...most of those don't make sense.
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Guan Lu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:17 am

Character wise for the next game I would like:

Shu: Either between Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, or Ma Dai. I think it may be kind of cool to also see someone such as Ma Su.

Wu: I'd really like to see someone like Lu Su.

Wei: Definently between Li Dian, Cao Hong, or Cao Xiu

Other: Well since Zuo Ci was put in, I believe more people of that type should be put in such as Guan Lu. Either him or Liu Zhang.
Guan Lu
Tyro

Location: in heaven, governing over the fate of fellow humans.

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training