Dynasty Warriors 5 (& XL) Discussion Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 5?

Yes
91%
No
4%
Maybe
3%
Unsure…
2%

Total votes : 193

Unread postby Pi Ka Chu » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:26 am

my expirience tells me that if you don't block against Lu Bu, you can expect to be smashed into a wall.

Parrying? Way to hard to pull off.

The double masou with the bodygaurds are great, especial with a spellcaster type.
Nice guys don't insists on being creepers just because they were nice.
Pi Ka Chu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Watching Ratatosk insult the eagle on Yggdrasil for the wrym Níðhöggr

Unread postby julianoliver33 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 am

parrying isn't all that hard!! Trust me!! :D :D
And so my friends, there are many things that will happen in our lives that we may not understand, but if we simply open up or hearts, minds and souls, we shall find ourselves in astonishing tranquility. -Julian Oliver
julianoliver33
Assistant

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:45 am

julianoliver33 wrote:parrying isn't all that hard!! Trust me!! :D :D

Never in dw5, dw5xl and dw5e. This is a suicide in a crowd and a very risky thing against generals. Lu Bu was the first one who "explained" me the uselessnes of blocking with his charge attack. Zhuge Liang, Huang Gai, Zhou Tai will break your guard one on one on Chaos without any problem. I'm sure there are other "defence-breakers" as well. Gan Ning always tries to attack from behind and Wei Yan has a very nice musou against defenders. Blocking and Parrying is a waste of time and nothing else. I do parry when I rarely play Hard diffuculty for fun because it looks nice.

That's from Fighting Defensively thread.
Parrying is only safe in one-on-one situation but the Forward JumpS+Evo(without the last hit)+Evo(WLH)+Evo(WLH)... combo is much faster,easier and completely safe in that situation (not for slow characters though). Add fire here and Lu Bu is easily killed with a half-developed character without any items on Chaos.
There are some really good combos against the generals (2 or 3) AND the crowd but they are VERY difficult to use. I will not post them here because I'm preparing some new challenges for DW5 Chaos and the players will have no choice but to find them out if they want to succeed :)
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby julianoliver33 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:50 am

i understand, do whatever works for you all!
And so my friends, there are many things that will happen in our lives that we may not understand, but if we simply open up or hearts, minds and souls, we shall find ourselves in astonishing tranquility. -Julian Oliver
julianoliver33
Assistant

LU BU, HOW I DEFEAT THE PRIK, EASY KILL

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:35 pm

Here is what you do, keep hitting him away from the gate, eventually he wont do anything but try to get back to the back. After his mousu rage switches on you cant get him down, but still try, when he gets a bit close to the wall stay where you are and try to keep out of distance. Start going in with mousu each time (ive done this on chaos and beat him), when you get there be behind him, hit him a bit, but as soon as he starts to turn to you quickly attack him with mousu. go away charge come back beat him again, keep on going. The faster way is stay, keep blocking and every time he stops attacking, attack him once only since he doesnt flinch with mousu rage, eventually his mousu rage runs out, when that happens well have fun and beat the holy crap out of him.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Jedi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:38 pm

You dont have to worry about Lu Bu as much as you did in Dw4 think of that Lu Bu with Musou Rage.
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:18 pm

That is really true, hed beat the holy crap out of you, the first time i faced that Lu Bu i had to run, come back hit him a bit, run come back hit him, you get the idea. If he had mousu rage, then i would never have gotten through DW4 Hu Luo gate whilst trying to beat him.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

Unread postby Dante666 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:13 am

Pi Ka Chu said
In order to best out your enemies, all you need to do is use Gan Ning
:shock:

i dont know? Gan Ning is good though :)
i think Lu Meng is preety good to!

his attacks are good at swiping and long distancises :lol:

WHO AGREES WITH ME :wink:

urbanterrorist said

What happens when you get hit from behind[quote]

u've got a good point. i dont like parrying much either.
i just block attack block attack. :P :twisted:
Dante666
Tyro

Unread postby cao cao#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 pm

AAAAAAH!! chaos mode is bugging the crap out of me its insanely hard I play Lu Bu ( yes even with Lu Bu) .

I am at that level where I fight together with Yuan Shao I work my way up to Liu Bei kill Liu Bei and think whoopee now for the other lower generalls and the commander.

I enter the gate and Zhao Yun,Guan Yu,Zhang Fei gang up on me how am I supposed to beat THAT.

Aklso no meat buns is frustrating luckily I have my bodygaurd.
I never have a problem with taking a test. Its the 10 minutes before you enter the room that get to me you hear people talking about crap you have never heard about in your life.
cao cao#1
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Darkest Legacy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:37 pm

You dont, go around and beat Liu Bei on his own, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei will go away, then beat Zhou Yun to stop any incidents then go for Gongsun Zan, poor old Gongsun Zan.
Darkest Legacy
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training