Kessen II: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Kessen II?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Unsure…
9%
Never played it…
5%

Total votes : 44

Kessen II: Discussion Thread

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:49 pm

Use this thread to discuss Koei’s Kessen II strategy game.

Kessen II at Kongming’s Archives: http://kongming.net/kessen2/
Kessen II at Koei Games | Kessen II at GameCity
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Devilrai » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:19 am

Between Kessen II and I, I perfer Kessen II because you have more control over the troops. Yeah the story is very way off history (Cao Cao and Liu Bei are what?!...Don't want to spoil it) But the strange story is enough to let you keep playing, it has for me. :D

I really liked Cao Cao's scenario the most. The introduction of Sima Yi cutscene was very cool.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lafeel » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:47 pm

Te hee. Yeah, Kessen 2 was loads of fun. In many ways better than Kessen was, if a little..odd in areas. Great game though, and I would recommend it without a second thought.
Lafeel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:16 am

[Moved from Gamer's Haven to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games, 20 March 2005]
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby BlueDragon » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:11 pm

Kessen II is a lot of fun and it kept me hooked for a while but before anyone who knows the story of the three kingdoms plays it they should look on the back of the box and read the words "a historical fantasy" several times to avoid dissapointment :wink:
BlueDragon
Master

Unread postby Bryan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Avoid dissapointment? Bah! Kessen II has to be one of the most fun Three Kingdoms related games out there. Not only is the gameplay great, but the story is like a great fanfiction.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DAv » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:23 pm

I liked Kessen 2 a lot. I found the storyline highly amusing now that I look back on it.

Guan Yu had a frog phobia hee hee.
It's 108 miles to Chicago, We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of ciggerates. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses - Elwood
Hit it - Jake
DAv
Academic

Unread postby BlueDragon » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:19 pm

Bryan wrote:Avoid dissapointment? Bah! Kessen II has to be one of the most fun Three Kingdoms related games out there. Not only is the gameplay great, but the story is like a great fanfiction.

It's definately fun but it could (and has) put off people who are intrested in the Three Kingdoms era already. Some find it messes up the story too much.
BlueDragon
Master

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Bryan wrote:Avoid dissapointment? Bah! Kessen II has to be one of the most fun Three Kingdoms related games out there. Not only is the gameplay great, but the story is like a great fanfiction.

It's definately fun but it could (and has) put off people who are intrested in the Three Kingdoms era already. Some find it messes up the story too much.

Yeah but those people thought that it was representing the story of the three kingdoms and got offended at the changes that Koei did. Quite a few didn't understand that Koei didn't want to just create another RTK's game they wanted to to make a fantasy game that took place in the same time. Some people were just offended that anything would be changed in their precious three kingdoms time period.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Big J » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:32 pm

I reccomend the game, but i dont think its particularly good, just above average.
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games