Gore in DW games?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you want to see gore in DW games?

Yes please and lots of it!
47%
Certainly not!
53%

Total votes : 284

Gore in DW games?

Unread postby Zhao Yun 4 prez » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:02 pm

Would you like to see lots of gore in the next DW game? Like blood spewing everywhere and people getting sliced up :evil:
"You will not lay one finger on my lord! I am Zhao Yun!"
Zhao Yun 4 prez
Academic

Location: A place of no sin. No alcohol, fights, sex, and damn am I fed up with it!

Unread postby DianWei » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:05 pm

eh... it depends i seriously dont care eit[her way unless
A) it hurts koei financially
B) it hurts the games speed and fog
tthen id definately be opposed
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:05 pm

DianWei wrote:eh... it depends i seriously dont care eit[her way unless
A) it hurts koei financially
B) it hurts the games speed and fog
tthen id definately be opposed

And it would certainly do both.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby DianWei » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:09 pm

ya, in that case i vote no. I want koei to get themselves a little bit of a better reputation so maybe they will release more games stateside. Practically everyone who plays their games likes them, unfortunately almost no one else has heard of them. With more money they might be able to do better then advertising thier own games on the back of the instructions manuals...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhao Yun 4 prez » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:12 pm

Though over here in the UK the game is already marked 15+. That means no one under this age can see all the relentless slaughter, and it may (I'm saying MAY) attract the older market too. By the way I'm not saying I'm for the gore if thats what you're thinking.
"You will not lay one finger on my lord! I am Zhao Yun!"
Zhao Yun 4 prez
Academic

Location: A place of no sin. No alcohol, fights, sex, and damn am I fed up with it!

Unread postby Angelica » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:33 pm

Certainly not! It just isnt necessary. If it makes the game go slower, I'm totally against it! Besides, what makes blood and gore so appealing in games? Honestly, if people think gore makes games more realistic, then I think they need help. No offence to any of you who might just happen to think that way. Just my opinion.
"If you surrender, you have already lost. If you refuse to give up, though, no matter the odds against you, atleast you have succeeded in trying."
Angelica
Academic

Unread postby Some say, Sun Ce! » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:56 pm

I'm not going to vote for this one because although I think having no gore is reminiscent of watching a low budget daytime action series on channel 5, I still think adding gore would make the game very distasteful. I think instead of adding gore, koei should concerntrate on making DW a better game. You see too many games that lack gameplay for things like gore, max payne, for example, has plenty of gore but it still gets borin doin' the same thing over and over.......
I would be a vegetarian, but it's cruel to vegetables.....
Some say, Sun Ce!
Apprentice

Location: In perfect Nirvana, conversing with all the Heroes of the Three Kingdoms

Unread postby Russell » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:10 pm

No. Lag, first off. The game is good as it is. The flashy stuff the comes when you hit someone is good enough. Besides, making the game M-rated would just ruin it, and lower the fanbase.
I suppose I should put something here, shouldn't I?
Russell
Genuises of the ISS
Genuises of the ISS

Unread postby Cao Cao » Sat Aug 31, 2002 11:33 pm

No.

Adding gore would just lower the tone of the game, and make it look like it has just set out to appeal to the younger teen market who buy a game just because its got lots of blood in it, which makes it (according to them) cool.

with the amount of people that get killed, the whole screen would just be covered in blood.

Cao Cao
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!!!
Cao Cao
Initiate

Location: Chi Bi, awaiting the defeat of Zhuge Liang and the capture of the Place of Prayers

Unread postby AznDoDo » Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:19 am

I don't know how much ESRB ( whatever ) rating affects the game unless it AO. But I don't want gore in DW. It kinda one of those game that plays well w/o gore, like DOA, Soul Calibur, Shenmue...
AznDoDo
Apprentice

Next

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training