Destiny of an Emperor III [Sega]: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Destiny of an Emperor III?

Yes
57%
No
No votes
Unsure
No votes
Never played it…
43%

Total votes : 7

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:53 am

Does anybody has news about how things are advancing for both DoaE 3 games? I currently have both, but I can't understand anything, although I found a walktrough on lordyuanshu's site.
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:46 am

There's nothing going on, to my knowledge. The one guy who put the Genesis version in Simplified Chinese (D) sent it off to Ghideon Zhi. I've frequented mr. Gideon's site often in search of any potential work but there is none and I don't think he plans on doing it. Pretty busy guy and he's hard to get a hold of (ie he deletes any email regarding the topic). And yes, you can still complete the game with ease by following Taishi Ci's walkthrough at my forum, despite the fact that it is in Chinese. It is a very linear game.

Regarding the SNES one (the true sequel to the first two), well, I've heard nothing of it ever. In fact I couldn't find the rom on the internet until someone sent it to me via e-mail. So I doubt anyone is working on translating that. I've actually been playing it rather often lately and am starting to understand it conceptually despite the language barrier.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Rhis » Tue May 02, 2006 2:42 pm

Shu Hu Yang wrote:If you're Liu Bei 8, why do you have Kong Ming as your avatar?

Not the topic of this discussion.

As per DoE3, I have heard that there are two versions. If i'm not mistaken, isn't the Sega version more of an RPG than anything else? Or am I confusing it with something else?
Every night I pray that Kongming comes to life, and teaches me all he knows.
Zhou Rhis
Student

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Tue May 02, 2006 6:53 pm

The Sega Genesis version is basically a Final Fantasy RPG. It has Limit Breaks (FFVII) and has music, sprites, gameplay similar to the SNES Final Fantasy's. Very linear game and actually somewhat compelling despite the fact that it is in Chinese and I cannot read it.

http://www.lordyuanshu.com/conewalkerforum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=47c77706b3f758c03ff92df86ae08a37

The DoaE 3 Genesis section above has a full-walkthrough if you want to know more about it.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

!

Unread postby Zhou Rhis » Wed May 03, 2006 3:32 am

Lordyuanshu wrote:The Sega Genesis version is basically a Final Fantasy RPG. It has Limit Breaks (FFVII) and has music, sprites, gameplay similar to the SNES Final Fantasy's. Very linear game and actually somewhat compelling despite the fact that it is in Chinese and I cannot read it.

http://www.lordyuanshu.com/conewalkerforum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=47c77706b3f758c03ff92df86ae08a37

The DoaE 3 Genesis section above has a full-walkthrough if you want to know more about it.

Ah! Thank you. It'll be nice just for collecting purposes, whether I can understand it or not.
Every night I pray that Kongming comes to life, and teaches me all he knows.
Zhou Rhis
Student

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:10 pm

A picture guide for this game is currently in progress, being made by myself. You can view it here:

http://www.lordyuanshu.com/conewalkerfo ... .php?t=580
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:55 pm

Can someone please identify the speakers in this pictures, and possibly what they're saying?

"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 pm

(1) Cai Mao: "Hrmph! Stop your little games! We all know why you're here!"

(2) Zhuge Jun: "Everyone here is a hermit who desires to not be involved with the turmoils of the world. We would ask all outsiders to refrain from entering."
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Wow, I had them right. There are several NPCs in the game where I wasn't sure who they were.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games