Three Kingdoms Questions (You Ask, We Answer)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Cherry_Blossom » Sat May 03, 2003 4:58 am

I have a question:And I hope it makes sense; I was looking thru a book on China and it had a picture in it of a long mural that has many emperors on it and they had one that was Emperor Wu..is this Cao Cao? I know he was given the posthumous title and was wondering if this was him or are there other figures that share the same name. Also what does that title mean? What was the heirarchy for ancient China? Each kingdom seemed to be giving out titles and I never understood what they meant. Also are the titles the Shu-Han kingdom and Wu kingdom gave out accepted today as legit titles? (Since technically Jin was the predecessor to the Han empire and was helped into being by the Wei team.)
Short version of a quote by Thales:
Of all things;God = most ancient;he is uncreated,Universe=most beautiful;God's work,Space=greatest;holds all,Swiftest=mind;speeds
everywhere,Strongest=necessity;masters all,Wisest=time; brings all things to light
Cherry_Blossom
Changshi

Unread postby Pang Shiyuan » Sat May 03, 2003 7:06 am

Cherry_Blossom wrote:I have a question:And I hope it makes sense; I was looking thru a book on China and it had a picture in it of a long mural that has many emperors on it and they had one that was Emperor Wu..is this Cao Cao? I know he was given the posthumous title and was wondering if this was him or are there other figures that share the same name. Also what does that title mean? What was the heirarchy for ancient China? Each kingdom seemed to be giving out titles and I never understood what they meant. Also are the titles the Shu-Han kingdom and Wu kingdom gave out accepted today as legit titles? (Since technically Jin was the predecessor to the Han empire and was helped into being by the Wei team.)

I've created a thread for that a long time ago...haven't done any updates on it since last year...which reminds me, I should start doing that soon :)

http://www.the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=2821&start=0
Pang Shiyuan
凤雏先生

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Sun May 04, 2003 3:00 am

in rotk after chi bi, except cao cao,sun quan, and lui bei, there few weak warlord like lui zhang, mao teng, zhang lu. can you tell me these weak worlords milltary force?
" cao cao has more than million army, but there is nothing to fear about." we must ally. so that we can bring peace to the world!!
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Sun May 04, 2003 4:07 am

Was Xiahou De a relative of Xiahou Dun or Xiahou Yuan?
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pang Shiyuan » Sun May 04, 2003 6:45 am

Cao Hong wrote:Was Xiahou De a relative of Xiahou Dun or Xiahou Yuan?

Both. According to SGYY, De was the brother of Xiahou Shang, and Shang was the nephew of Xiahou Dun and Yuan. So therefore, Shang is the son of yet another not-so famous member of the Xiahou clan, i think.
Pang Shiyuan
凤雏先生

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Mon May 05, 2003 12:52 am

yu jin it's one of most trustable general in cao cao's force and he have fallow cao cao for 30 year how can he betrey hima fter?? (surrander to guan yu .)
" cao cao has more than million army, but there is nothing to fear about." we must ally. so that we can bring peace to the world!!
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby Yu Angel » Mon May 05, 2003 12:56 am

wait up...
I've heard that in Zhou Yu's deathbed it was written
"heaven has created me. Why did they create Zhuge Liang too"

Now was the word actually written or did zhou Yu say that?
I am Yu Angel of Ru Nan!You will not pass.
Yu Angel
Tyro

Unread postby Zhou Yu » Mon May 05, 2003 12:59 am

Read my signature, Yu Angel. ^_^

In the RoTK novel version I read, the quote is alot longer, but in a different translation it comes out to my signature. I just used the shorter, simpler sounding one.
"Heaven has created me. Why must Zhuge Liang exist too?"
Zhou Yu
Master

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Mon May 05, 2003 1:02 am

why does in end of every kingdom in rotk, each kingdom its weaked and everybody gets there own power? example in shu lu shan flert with girls and surander to wei(jin). and wei is weaked so sima zhao can take the power.
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby Yu Angel » Mon May 05, 2003 1:10 am

ooops my bad...well it said the last time when Zhou Yu fainted....he didn't recover....so does that mean he like stayed asleep..or his wound din't recover...
I am Yu Angel of Ru Nan!You will not pass.
Yu Angel
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium