Three Kingdoms Questions (You Ask, We Answer)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Xiao Ying

Unread postby Lodril » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:38 pm

So... I take it no one knows anything more about the eventual fate of Xiao Ying, Liu Bang's charioteer? Anyone? Anyone?
Lodril
Student

Re: Xiao Ying

Unread postby Jimayo » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:01 pm

Lodril wrote:So... I take it no one knows anything more about the eventual fate of Xiao Ying, Liu Bang's charioteer? Anyone? Anyone?

It's Xiahou Ying(he was the ancestor of Xiahou Dun).
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby jiuwan » Thu May 01, 2003 12:17 am

grand master of san guo wrote:yes the highst postion

Commander in chief
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby jiuwan » Thu May 01, 2003 12:20 am

Zhugeliang wrote:can u give me a bio of hua tuo? the famous chinese healer. tell me what he has done. also is guan suo real?

Hua Tuo's bio is pretty long. If you can't wait for the finished translation. Then I can send the chinese text to you. Or give you the link for the chinese site.
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby jiuwan » Thu May 01, 2003 12:46 am

TheGreatNads wrote:Ok I have another question. Was Zhang Fei ever in control of Shu's military affairs?

Well I'm just gonna list off times where he had control of anything that resembles military control...

Liu Bei secured Jiang Nan - Fei appoint the city of Yi Du's Tai Shou (governor), Zheng Lu Jiang Jun (Zheng Lu general).

Conquest of Yi Zhou - appointed Ba Xi Tai Shou (governor of Ba Xi)

Liu Bei becomes Prince of Han Zhong - appointed Che Qi Jiang Jun (general of chariots and calvary)
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Thu May 01, 2003 1:41 am

jiuwan wrote:What do you mean exactly by "in control"?

Wow, I have a hard time describing this. I meant was Zhang Fei ever in a position military wise like Zhuge Liang, Fei Yi, Jiang Wan, Jiang Wei etc. They were supposed to be in control of th military affiars at one time or another.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jiuwan » Thu May 01, 2003 2:59 am

TheGreatNads wrote:Wow, I have a hard time describing this. I meant was Zhang Fei ever in a position military wise like Zhuge Liang, Fei Yi, Jiang Wan, Jiang Wei etc. They were supposed to be in control of th military affiars at one time or another.

No. Zhang Fei never went up that high military wise. The highest he had was Che Qi Jiang Jun (General of chariots and calvary).
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Re: Xiao Ying

Unread postby Lodril » Thu May 01, 2003 3:17 pm

Notorious P.I.K. wrote:It's Xiahou Ying(he was the ancestor of Xiahou Dun).

Aha! Now there's an interesting tidbit! :)

So I guess Xiahou Ying did well for himself afterwards? The Xiahou's seemed to be in relative decline until the adoption of one of them by the Cao's. But to be in decline, they had to have been doing well previously I'd think. Any more info on the Xiahou family history?
Lodril
Student

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu May 01, 2003 3:28 pm

jiuwan give me the bio in chinese even if i don't know how to read in chinese my mom does. can u tell me what Pang De did in wei.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Thu May 01, 2003 11:01 pm

How come in DW3 Sun Ce was only in two battles?
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium