Three Kingdoms Questions (You Ask, We Answer)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby rcsha » Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:55 pm

zhou_yu_musou03 wrote:we need to get back on topic probably. im no mod, but i dont want this to be locked. can anybpody list zhou yu's accomplishments for me?

Heh, you can be sure this thread won't be locked. This thread was created to remain open for simple questions to be answere.

BTW, here's the information you wanted:
http://kongming.net/novel/sgz/zhouyu.php--San Guo Zhi Biography
http://kongming.net/novel/kma/zhouyu.php--Comprehensive Biography by J. Wu.
Dickjutsu.com
The Bruce Lee of Dickery.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:20 am

what postion is cao ren in rotk? grand marshall? what does that? do how many army he contral?
" cao cao has more than million army, but there is nothing to fear about." we must ally. so that we can bring peace to the world!!
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby jiuwan » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:35 am

grand master of san guo wrote:what postion is cao ren in rotk? grand marshall? what does that? do how many army he contral?

Even in just SGYY, Cao Ren held different posts at various times. Just exactly in which period of time are you referring to? There are promotions and dismissals of posts that happen in the book (not necessary on Cao Ren). Did you want his highest position? Or the various commands he had? Such as defending certain posts?
As for the size of the army under his command it varies as well. Also not everytime the size of the army is listed in any of the biographies. And the numbers that are given in SGYY are highly exaggerated.
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:43 am

yes the highst postion
" cao cao has more than million army, but there is nothing to fear about." we must ally. so that we can bring peace to the world!!
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:43 am

also other question is about how did cao cao die??
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:03 am

grand master of san guo wrote:also other question is about how did cao cao die??

He had a brain tumor.

Ok I have another question. Was Zhang Fei ever in control of Shu's military affairs?
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jiuwan » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:34 am

zhou_yu_musou03 wrote:edit-erased what i said because that was stupid, sorry.does any body know sun ce's kids' names?

I can only think of his daugther, who became the wife of Lu Xun. I don't think her name was ever mentioned.
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby jiuwan » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:37 am

grand master of san guo wrote:also other question is about how did cao cao die??

Yes, a "brain tumor" or you can call it a major-pain-in-the-butt headache :lol:

But in my opinion, I think it is when he had Hua Tuo executed, because Hua Tuo was the only one that could have saved his life. (All this will be explain when I finish translating Hua Tuo's bio)
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby jiuwan » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:39 am

TheGreatNads wrote:Ok I have another question. Was Zhang Fei ever in control of Shu's military affairs?

What do you mean exactly by "in control"?
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

Unread postby Shadowlink » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:37 pm

can u give me a bio of hua tuo? the famous chinese healer. tell me what he has done. also is guan suo real?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium