Three Kingdoms Questions (You Ask, We Answer)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Lu Kang » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:12 am

I know all there is to know about Sun Ce, SUn Jian, and Sun Quan but I recently discovered I knew surprisingly little about the later rulers. I know everthing in the novel and a little more but not that much overall.

Sun Liang and Sun Xiu, what were their accomplishents and characteristics? What was their domestic affairs and military affairs?

Sun Hao I know was tyrannical, listened to eunuchs, and brought the end to Wu but what did he do in his reign? What were his characteristics and motives? I know he removed generals and such but who and for what? How was the kingdom run under him?

Please give as much information as you can.
Lu Kang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby grand master of san guo » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:11 am

in real face to face can guan yu defeat yan liang wen chou? i know he killed them cuz of red hare and they was gona talk to him and he cut there head off :(
" cao cao has more than million army, but there is nothing to fear about." we must ally. so that we can bring peace to the world!!
grand master of san guo
Student

Unread postby Sam » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:13 am

grand master of san guo wrote: in real face to face can guan yu defeat yan liang wen chou? i know he killed them cuz of red hare and they was gona talk to him and he cut there head off :(

Historically, he never killed Wen Chou. As for Yan Liang, that's a hard question; historically, there aren't many accomplishments of Liang's to indicate that he was a decent general, so I'd most likely place my money on Guan Yu still winning.
Last edited by Sam on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Jimayo » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:42 pm

Samuel wrote:Historically, he never killed Wen Chou. As for Yan Liang, that's a hard question; historically, there aren't many accomplishments of Liang's to indicate that he was a decent general, so I'd most likely place my money on Guan Yu still winning.

That's where your mistaken actually. Yuan Shao used Yan Liang against the Wuhuan. He was quite successful. But the chinese tend to ignore the barbarians unless it's a huge campaign so it didn't end up in SGZ(although it is in another book that is more focused on the Xian Bi, Xiong Nu, and Wuhuan written by a "crazy" chinese scholar).
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Jeanne D'Arc » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:30 pm

Where were Yan Liang and Wen Chou at the Battle against Dong Zhuo?
I want you to bury him. Should he die in the process is his own problem.
Jeanne D'Arc
Assistant

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:11 pm

I'm just asking but what would have happened if the Yellow Turbans had won their battle?
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ren » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:17 pm

Thats very open ended and could/should be made into a thread, but i think there alreayd is a thread, I personally think if the yellow turbans had won they would easily break apart and there would just be more turmoil.
Cao Ren
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:01 am

Harpie's Feather Duster wrote:Where were Yan Liang and Wen Chou at the Battle against Dong Zhuo?

Yuan Shao left them in the He Bei area to defend it in case like the Wuwan or such invaded, that's why they were not present in the campaign against Luo Yang.
Dickjutsu.com
The Bruce Lee of Dickery.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:04 am

What exactly does it mean in Jiang Wan's SGZ bio when it says, "Zhuge Liang established the Prime Minister's office?"
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sam » Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:32 pm

Azrael wrote:That's where your mistaken actually. Yuan Shao used Yan Liang against the Wuhuan. He was quite successful. But the chinese tend to ignore the barbarians unless it's a huge campaign so it didn't end up in SGZ(although it is in another book that is more focused on the Xian Bi, Xiong Nu, and Wuhuan written by a "crazy" chinese scholar).

Could you give some more info on that book, Denny?
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium