Three Kingdoms Questions (You Ask, We Answer)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Liu Hong » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:31 pm

What happen to Ping Yuan after Liu Bei left for Xu zhou? can any one pls enlighten me
兵 者, 国 家 大 事, 死 生 之 地, 存 亡 之 道, 不 可 不 察 也-<<孙 子 兵 法>>
Liu Hong
Tyro

Unread postby rcsha » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:37 pm

Liu Hong wrote:What happen to Ping Yuan after Liu Bei left for Xu zhou? can any one pls enlighten me

After Liu Bei left Ping Yuan and went to Xuzhou, Yuan Shao eventually took it over and later Cao Cao took it over.
Dickjutsu.com
The Bruce Lee of Dickery.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:21 am

Did Lu Bu ever have a army of his own?
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:31 am

Cao Hong wrote:Did Lu Bu ever have a army of his own?

Sure as Shmitt he did. After he failed to save Wang Yun (the only truly honorable deed he really did, you coudl say) and was chased out of Luo Yang, he took over the the district of Pu Yang (roughly). He defeated Cao Cao once or twice but was eventually betean back. Then he took the remnants of his army and went over to Liu Bei. When he defeated the forces at Xu Zhou Cheng he claimed all of Liu Bei's lands as his onw and henceforth Liu Bei's army. So he again had his own forces, plus when he was stationed in Xiao Pei he basically had his own army, he was more like a vassal of Liu Bei than an officer.
Dickjutsu.com
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Yorak » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:53 am

Few questions about Lu Xun what have yet to be answered...

- What does his style name mean?
- Was it him or Lu Meng who masterminded the retaking of Jing Zhou?
- I heard there was some falling out between him and Sun Quan over the issue of Sun Quan's heir. Anyone have the story on this?
I'm not even here
Yorak
Master

Unread postby Starscream » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:21 am

Yorak wrote: - What does his style name mean?

Bo2 is a character usually used to indicate the eldest son. For example, Sun Ce is Bofu. Zong3 is a character to indicate the second son in line, and Sun Quan is Zongmou. Yan2 means 'to speak', or 'words'.

- Was it him or Lu Meng who masterminded the retaking of Jing Zhou?

Check out this thread regarding Lu Xun's bios. It's halfway done but it covers your question here!
http://www.the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=1963

- I heard there was some falling out between him and Sun Quan over the issue of Sun Quan's heir. Anyone have the story on this?

I had vague information about this, haven't been reading for a long time...
I think Lu Xun supported the elder son of Sun Quan, a.k.a. the crown prince. In a way, there could be other parties supporting the other prince, and Sun Quan probably favoured his younger son also. Besides, Lu Xun's nephews Gu Tan and Gu Cheng were lobbying with the Crown Prince, thus Sun Quan chastised Lu Xun for interfering with his "internal affairs". Lu Xun was very much shamed by the remarks of Sun Quan and he died in grief. Correct me if I've interpreted this wrongly.
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:44 pm

Who was Dong Zhuo's wife?
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:33 pm

Cao Hong wrote:Who was Dong Zhuo's wife?

This is unkown because she was never recorded. The only mention of a women being acquaitented intimately with Dong Zhuo is Diao Chan in SGYY, and Diao Chan is a fictional character based on a folktale about a courtesan who caused a small rift between Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu.
Dickjutsu.com
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Yu Angel » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:54 pm

Weng yan(the guy with the steel whip who drove off many ppl) was he from shu or wu?

and what exactly makes lu bu so famous?
I am Yu Angel of Ru Nan!You will not pass.
Yu Angel
Tyro

Unread postby jiuwan » Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:26 am

Yu Angel wrote:..and what exactly makes lu bu so famous?

His brains? :lol:

Actually Lu Bu was most famous for his fighting prowness. On the battle field there was no one that was equal to him in terms of sheer fierceness and battle prowness. His fighting abilities weren't matched by any generals of his age. From this his legend as a warrior sprung, becoming the embodimant of a "warrior hero." Lu Bu's legend was the symbol for hero, not in terms of greatness, but as a <b>warrior</b> that later "heroes" were compared to. There is an old chinese saying that goes like this: "Among horses - Red Hare; Among men - Lu Bu."

Around the 3 Kingdoms period. Lu Bu was the only general that wore pheasants tails on his helmet. This was symbolic. Only generals of greatness wore pheasant tails on their helmet. It has been said that at the mere sight of the pheasant tails soldiers would run from Lu Bu.
jiuwan
Marquis of Shun Ping

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium