George W. Bush: International Man of... Hatred?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

George W. Bush: International Man of... Hatred?

Unread postby James » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:56 am

I am noticing more and more every day that there is a lot of foreign hostility against George W. Bush, the current president of the United States. Personally, I think he is doing a decent job as president (and I could care less about Republican vs. Democrat, lets get that out of the way right now). I look at actions.

Now, I ask everyone that hates him. Why?
Last edited by James on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
User avatar
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish
 
Posts: 17998
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:21 pm
Location: Happy Valley, UT

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:12 am

good question. I'm also of the persuasion that he's doing a good job. There might be some sentiment that he's corrupt or something, but what politician isn't?
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
User avatar
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:28 am
Location: French Landing, WI

Unread postby James » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:15 am

Iznoach, Legendary Dragon wrote:good question. I'm also of the persuasion that he's doing a good job. There might be some sentiment that he's corrupt or something, but what politician isn't?

I am already aware of the reason most people use when they say he is dreadful. I am prepared to argue my point on it if someone brings it up. I have been trying to figure this out for weeks.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
User avatar
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish
 
Posts: 17998
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:21 pm
Location: Happy Valley, UT

Re: George W. Bush: International Man of... Hatred?

Unread postby Rowde » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:26 am

Zhuge Kongming wrote:I am noticing more and more every day that there is a lot of foreign hostility against George W. Bush, the current president of the United States. Personally, I think he is doing a great job as president (and I could care less about Republican vs. Democrat, lets get that out of the way right now). I look at actions.

Now, I ask everyone that hates him. Why?
(Expect me to challenge your view if I disagree).


heh
This is amusing. It's as if a tiger has perched itself in a tree, then announces, "Hi. I am a tiger. I am perched in this tree. Why doesn't someone come stand underneath this tree?" It will be amusing if someone accepts your invitation.

As for me, no I don't think G.W. is doing the greatest job. However, I am not well versed in the skills of debate, so I'm just going to say I hate him because he looks like a monkey.

Also, saying all politicians lie is not an excuse. They aren't supposed to. By saying this you are acknowledging that you have become complacent. Things are never going to get better if you don't demand them too. Remember that the government works for the people, not the other way around.
Copernicus of the New Age, take this unbearable weight of gravity, and liberate this galaxy!"
~ Kenji Miyazawa
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:40 pm
Location: Was I supposed to put something funny here?

Re: George W. Bush: International Man of... Hatred?

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:35 am

Rowde wrote:Also, saying all politicians lie is not an excuse. They aren't supposed to. By saying this you are acknowledging that you have become complacent. Things are never going to get better if you don't demand them too. Remember that the government works for the people, not the other way around.


I'm not complacent, but that's just reality. If you think that most politicians aren't working for their own personal gains, you're only fooling yourself, because they are. (notice: I said most, not all). Further, everybody lies, it's a fact of life and human nature. It's the ones who lie the least that we should trust and vote for...
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
User avatar
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:28 am
Location: French Landing, WI

Re: George W. Bush: International Man of... Hatred?

Unread postby Rowde » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:47 am

Iznoach, Legendary Dragon wrote:I'm not complacent, but that's just reality. If you think that most politicians aren't working for their own personal gains, you're only fooling yourself, because they are. (notice: I said most, not all). Further, everybody lies, it's a fact of life and human nature. It's the ones who lie the least that we should trust and vote for...


I think you know me well enough to know I wouldn't think that. However, if we are acknowledging that the system does not work, why are we still using it? If we all agree that there is corruption, politicians are lying, and scandals are in effect practically every day, then why are we still adhering to their policy. Isn't it our duty to correct the system, or replace it with one that works?
Copernicus of the New Age, take this unbearable weight of gravity, and liberate this galaxy!"
~ Kenji Miyazawa
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:40 pm
Location: Was I supposed to put something funny here?

Re: George W. Bush: International Man of... Hatred?

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:55 am

Rowde wrote:
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon wrote:I'm not complacent, but that's just reality. If you think that most politicians aren't working for their own personal gains, you're only fooling yourself, because they are. (notice: I said most, not all). Further, everybody lies, it's a fact of life and human nature. It's the ones who lie the least that we should trust and vote for...


I think you know me well enough to know I wouldn't think that. However, if we are acknowledging that the system does not work, why are we still using it? If we all agree that there is corruption, politicians are lying, and scandals are in effect practically every day, then why are we still adhering to their policy. Isn't it our duty to correct the system, or replace it with one that works?


Good point, and sorry if I offended you. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the Constitution there is a clause that states (not direct quote, but close): "when the government becomes corrupt, the fires of rebellion are needed to cleanse the land", or something like that. I think it basically advocates rebellion if the gov't becomes corrupt, which it has been for a very long time. However, if someone like me or you were to try to rebel, we would be tried as a traitor and shot (or gassed, most likely). Just look at the example of Aaron Burr, when he tried to get the area around Texas to rebel, he was tried and convicted as a traitor. I suppose it's a modern catch-22...
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
User avatar
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:28 am
Location: French Landing, WI

Unread postby Cao Ren » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:12 pm

I don't like him, how could he go on vacation!!!!! did anyone see the daily show about that
User avatar
Cao Ren
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:17 pm

Unread postby Shizumeru » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:56 pm

Cao Ren wrote:I don't like him, how could he go on vacation!!!!! did anyone see the daily show about that



I didn't but he deserve a vacation. I don't hate Bush.
BOOM!!!!
User avatar
Shizumeru
Langzhong
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:33 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Unread postby LittleConqueror » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:08 pm

Burr was power hungry though. After his failed rebellion, didn't he use his army to try to take over Mexico? He lost big time, I believe.
Bush isn't doing the best job, but not doing the worse. The economy is not getting better, and terroism still exists big time. I disagree with many of Bush policies, and he looks like a monkey. His support is going down every day, and he needs to do something big. One idiotic move of his was to announce that he was going to attack Iraq. Yeah, tick off the middle east, again, and give Sadaam warning so he make chemical weapons. Though I'm in favor of attack Iraq, we should not have announce it.
"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"
User avatar
LittleConqueror
Scholar
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:08 am
Location: Outside your house, yelling taunts at you.

Next

Return to Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved