Sima Yi's Family Tree

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Sima Yi's Family Tree

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:20 am

Made a post at SOC regarding this and I thought it maybe useful to put one here too.

Here's what I managed to gather for Sima Yi's family tree (based on various biographies in Jin Shu). Please let me know if you spot any error. Also, feel free to contribute more details if you can.

Sima Yi's great great-grandfather => Sima Jun (General that conquers the west)
Sima Yi's great-grandfather => Sima Liang (Grand Administrator of Yu Zhang)
Sima Yi's grandfather => Sima Jun (Grand Administrator of Ying Chuan)
Sima Yi's Father => Sima Fang (Jing Zhao Yi, or Administrator of Jing Zhao, one of the 3 precincts of the capital, Chang An)

Sima Yi's elder brother => Sima Lang (style Bo Da, Bo signifies the eldest)

Sima Yi (style Zhong Da, Zhong signifies the second, he has eight brothers altogether)

Sima Yi's younger brother => Sima Fu

Sima Yi's nephews => Sima Yi (another yi, son of Sima Lang), Sima Wang (style Zhi Chu, son of Sima Fu)

Sima Yi's grandnephews => Sima Hong (style Kong Ye, son of Sima Wang)

Sima Yi's wife => Empress Zhang ( Zhang Chun Hua, daugther of Zhang Kuang and Lady Shan)

Sima Yi's sons => Sima Shi (styled Zhi Yuan), Sima Zhao (styled Zhi Shang), Sima Gan (Prince of Ping Yuan)

Sima Yi's daughter => Princess of Nan Yang

Sima Yi's daughter-in-laws => Empress Xia Hou ( Xia Hou Hui, styled Yuan Rong, daughter of Xia Hou Shang, Sima Shi's wife, gave birth to 5 daughters 0 son), Empress Yang (Yang Hui Yu, wife of Sima Shi, did not give birth to any children), Empress Wang (Wang Yuan Ji, wife of Sima Zhao, gave birth to 5 sons and 1 daughter)

Sima Yi's grandsons => Sima Yan (styled An Shi, eldest son of Sima Zhao, Jin Wu Di), Sima You (son of Sima Zhao), Sima Ding Guo (son of Sima Zhao), Sima Zhao (another Zhao, son of Sima Zhao), Sima Guang De (son of Sima Zhao)

Sima Yi's granddaughters => 6 granddaughters (one of them being Princess of Jing Zhao, daughter of Sima Zhao)

Sima Yi's granddaughters-in laws => Empress Yang (Yang Yan, styled Qiong Zhi, wife of Sima Yan, gave birth to 3 sons and 3 daughters), Empress Yang (Yang Zhi, styled Ji Lan, wife of Sima Yan, gave birth to 1 son)

Sima Yi's great grandsons => Sima Zhong, (styled Zheng Du, second son of Sima Yan, Jin Hui Di), Sima Kui (son of Sima Yan), Sima Jian (son of Sima Yan), Sima Rui (styled Jin Wen, Jin Yuan Di ), Sima Zhi (styled Feng Du, 25th son of Sima Yan, Jin Xiao Huai Di)

Sima Yi's great-granddaughter-in-laws => Empress Jia (Jia Nan Feng, wife of Sima Zhong, daughter of Jia Cong, lots of nasty stories about her), Empress Yang (Yang Xian Rong, wife of Sima Zhong)

Sima Yi's great great grandson => Sima Shao, (styled Dao Ji, eldest son of Sima Rui, Jin Ming Di)
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Mi-Shu » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:24 pm

Mi-Shu

Unread postby Elemental » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:31 pm

Wow :shock: , where did you find this info? Great job!
The only people you have to get back are those who have done you good...
Elemental
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:37 pm

Lord Zhuge wrote:Wow :shock: , where did you find this info? Great job!

No, Great Deer...he can do anything, find anything...hell he probably knows more about your lineage than you, lol. Nonetheless, this is some amazing stuff keep up the great deer, Great Work...no wait, keep up the Great great, work Deer...eventually I'll get it right...

BTW Lord Zhuge...I LOVE your signature!!:lol:
Dickjutsu.com
The Bruce Lee of Dickery.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Ender » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:41 pm

rcsha wrote:BTW Lord Zhuge...I LOVE your signature!!

Shame shame rcsha and Lord Zhuge. Did the maid in your mind take a day off again rcsha? :)

Yes indeed Great Deer can find almost anything. Thank you very much for the wonderful info.
"Tell me not in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
And things are not what they seem."
-- Longfellow
Ender
Wandering Darkness

Unread postby rcsha » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:51 pm

Ender wrote:Shame shame rcsha and Lord Zhuge. Did the maid in your mind take a day off again rcsha? :)

Ha! I fired her a long time ago...

Nonetheless, back on track. Great Deer (told you I'd get it right), any chance of you finding the entire Liu Clan? Just for sport.
Dickjutsu.com
The Bruce Lee of Dickery.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby DarkAnthem » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:18 pm

rcsha wrote:Nonetheless, back on track. Great Deer (told you I'd get it right), any chance of you finding the entire Liu Clan? Just for sport.

You can find the Liu family tree here,

http://www.3kingdoms.net/forum/showthre ... eadid=6841
DarkAnthem
Master

Unread postby Elemental » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:50 pm

Thanks for the link Darkanthem. Can you give us some more links? To some other family trees, perhaps...
The only people you have to get back are those who have done you good...
Elemental
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DarkAnthem » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:04 pm

Lord Zhuge wrote:Thanks for the link Darkanthem. Can you give us some more links? To some other family trees, perhaps...

well, this link has the Cao family tree:

http://www.3kingdoms.net/forum/showthre ... genumber=1

And Zhuge and Sun family trees are listed at KMA,

http://kongming.net/novel/bios/type.php

you can find the link to them down the left menu.
DarkAnthem
Master

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:39 pm

Chris, can I make this into a graphic like I did for Flo and host it on KMA?
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium