The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:41 am

Welcome back Xu Huang fan. This forum isn't as active as it once was but people keep an eye out and will join in when something happens and glad your enjoying three kingdoms again.

Sorry things have been rough, I hope life gets kinder for you during the summer.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:56 am

thanks, honestly things are looking like they could get better real quickly over the summer, so i'll have hope for that.

looking back at why i might've left i think it was around when i was doing some dating, which did take up alot of time, sadly all my dating attempts didn't go so well in the end so i wasn't in a great spot, then i found some friends and rediscovered stuff i loved and just focused on that stuff again, now that i've lost some stuff, i'm using my love for this series to fill the void, i mean it doesn't help that Koei hasn't been handling the three kingdoms games too well recently so i really had to dig into my PS2 to find what i loved all over again.

abit more of a ramble but i feel like this paints a decent enough picture without getting TOO into my personal details.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:02 am

Welcome back Xu Huang Fan! I remember you :). As Dong said, there isn't tons of active threads right now but there are still members around who will reply to topics!

Dating can be rough, so I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough few years.

Koei might have been doing bad 3K games recently the newest entry in the Total War series is based on the 3K and people have been giving that rave reviews! Sadly I wouldn't know as I don't have a computer capable of running it :cry:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:05 am

oh that makes me pleased, i actually remember alot of the old faces around here, or atleast the ones in the thousands of posts with avatars.

and yeah the new total war looks totally dope, and i think i could run it too, i'm just awful at total war games so its lower on the list for me.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 am

Most of us who are active have been for some time :)

Fair enough! That’s what easy mode is for :wink: :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:57 pm

There is a mode other then easy?

Yeah Total War seems a huge hit, DW9 was divisive as they tried a new route that they perhaps didn't quite land and not heard good things about latest RTK's. I hope the return to RTK gives you pleasure until life turns around for you
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 am

I'm flying to Uganda this evening to host a preaching workshop in a Seminary there. I'm going to be gone for a couple of weeks so I'll see you all when I get back! :D
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:53 pm

I hope you get a chance to see Uganda and expirence the culture, best of luck with hosting the workshop and hope it goes well
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm back! Although I'm still new lol. I lost my password and then real life got in the way big time. Had to make some career changes and move back home to Texas. Now that things have kind of cooled off a bit, I can jump back in again. Hope y'all have been doing good! I'm glad to be back on the forums again, and proud to be back in the Lone Star State! Remember the Alamo!

sorry, I'm just in a really good mood right now.
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:56 am

Welcome back PeanutButterToast, I hope the career changes will prove good for you and glad you seem so pleased at return to Texas. Always nice to see someone in such a good mood
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub