What do you hate?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: What do you hate?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:29 am

When Pokemon go screws up the level 4 raid lineup (against Walrein so it included one fighter pokemon at the back of the queue, not my level 30 best movement Machamp), lose narrowly twice and don't realize fighter was the best choice till afterwards. Shouldn't the game know it?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 16549
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re:

Unread postby neocz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:48 am

Seven at One Stroke wrote:I hate myself.


It's very important to realise the effect of your thought because hating ourselves is like hating our Creator. Love yourself as we love our creator.
neocz
Tyro
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Re: Re:

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm

neocz wrote:
Seven at One Stroke wrote:I hate myself.


It's very important to realise the effect of your thought because hating ourselves is like hating our Creator. Love yourself as we love our creator.

See I hate people telling people not to be depressed because their divine being says its wrong. If he feels that way his feelings are valid. Don't dismiss them because you believe in a Sky Fairy and feel that justifies telling him to just stop because its offensive. That's offensive.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: Re:

Unread postby PyroMystic » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:15 pm

SunXia wrote:
neocz wrote:
Seven at One Stroke wrote:I hate myself.


It's very important to realise the effect of your thought because hating ourselves is like hating our Creator. Love yourself as we love our creator.

See I hate people telling people not to be depressed because their divine being says its wrong. If he feels that way his feelings are valid. Don't dismiss them because you believe in a Sky Fairy and feel that justifies telling him to just stop because its offensive. That's offensive.
not wanting to start a debate or anything but this guy is just trying to make someone feels so no harm done. I don't think you need to go as far as making fun of one's belief just because you didn't believe in it and tend to get offended when people voiced their opinion. I mean, him telling other to love themselves is ten times less offensive than calling a particular deity he worshiped a "Sky Fairy". You've apparentlylet your atheistic bias contradict your own point here. Just saying
忍辱负重 ~ rěn rǔ fù zhòng
||endure humiliation, bear burden||
《三国志 · 吴书 · 陸遜传 》
User avatar
PyroMystic
Initiate
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am

Re: Re:

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 pm

PyroMystic wrote:not wanting to start a debate or anything but this guy is just trying to make someone feels so no harm done.

Actually I disagree, its fully against mental health issues to be dismissed like that. It is entirely inappropriate to say to someone that them hating themselves, which is a serious mental health issue, is akin to hating a divine being they believe in. It is not akin to hating any divine being and, even if it was, if that divine being finds offence in someone having self confidence issues and self worth issues because of mental health then that divine being is worth no more than an abusive parent.

PyroMystic wrote:I don't think you need to go as far as making fun of one's belief just because you didn't believe in it and tend to get offended when people voiced their opinion.

I can make fun of any idea I want. That goes doubly and infinitely more so if I find that idea dangerous. If Seven at One Stroke is having serious mental health issues, which I don't know if they are, they could have been joking but if they are serious then they do not need the added guilt of "I don't like that you hate my God because you hate yourself". I'm not offended but that kind of dismissal is appalling.

PyroMystic wrote:I mean, him telling other to love themselves is ten times less offensive than calling a particular deity he worshiped a "Sky Fairy". You've apparentlylet your atheistic bias contradict your own point here. Just saying

So they're allowed an opinion about a "Creator" but you seek to deny me one?? I guess Christianity is used to denying women equal opportunity and say. But alas, having read the awful texts who am I to judge them??

Also, you don't get to deem what is offensive. Again, when someone feels that way about themselves, adding guilt onto their shoulders, which posts like that do, does not help the situation. Christianity is an idea, it is not a person and should most definitely be open to criticism and satire like any idea. Sadly you let your Christian bias show.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: What do you hate?

Unread postby Li_Shengsun » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm

What do i hate?
Lots, many things, including myself.

I hate myself started when i was thinking back about myself. How FOOL and how STUPID i am since i don't react to whatever happen around me, even though i am perfectly capable to deal with it, and how WEAK i am to allow such thing to happen. But i used them as a lesson to push me forward and to never allow such thing to happen again, including taking other's li...ok lets stop about this.

I hate misfortunes. well everyone do hate misfortunes. who wasn't? tell me about it and why? *cough* no religion thing plz, because i hate it as well. heh, no offense. :mrgreen:

I hate evildoers, oh i really hate them, truly. Its like bad blood between me and them. I would *ahem* dispose them without blinking if want, woops sorry, that makes me an evildoers as well, lul :lol:

and many other things, :mrgreen:
Everyone has flaws. It's a matter of finding the ones you can live with.
User avatar
Li_Shengsun
Initiate
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 am

Re: What do you hate?

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Li_Shengsun wrote:What do i hate?
Lots, many things, including myself.

I hate myself started when i was thinking back about myself. How FOOL and how STUPID i am since i don't react to whatever happen around me, even though i am perfectly capable to deal with it, and how WEAK i am to allow such thing to happen. But i used them as a lesson to push me forward and to never allow such thing to happen again, including taking other's li...ok lets stop about this.

Making mistakes does not make you weak. Experience is something that helps us to evolve as people and helps us to become more empathetic so long as we don't allow our experiences to make us dangerously bitter.

You are only one person. Easier said that done I know but try not to look back on mistakes too much as I am sure there are many things you have done well in your life and people who have benefited from having you in their life. I wish you well. :D
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6588
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: What do you hate?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Barbecues

So quickly fill a house with smoke and smells if leave window open and someone has a barbecue one out of sight, then have to wait what can be hours till it is over before one can get fresh air into house. Because not having a cooling breeze is exactly what one wants when it is hot :wink:
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 16549
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re: What do you hate?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Ah mate, I completely disagree. The tempting smells of next door's BBQ convinced my parents to do one today too :lol:!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
User avatar
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 7566
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: Vicar Factory

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved