Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Arumi » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 am

Thank you both, appreciate your helpful advises :D I think I will go with Zhang Liao as his total grow points (1297) is 70 points higher than Dad (1225), especially the different in INT may let's Liao survive better with spell caster from other team.

I did not lose interest in Lu Bu but to unlock him will require a lot of jades and silver. At the moment I focus on getting Zhuge Liang and raise him to level 80 to get the passive warlord buff from him. I think getting Lu Bu will not happen at least for another 01 month.

I also consider Zhang Fei as he has some amazing passive skill with Attack All in Range description, but I do not know exactly how it works then. But if it happens like I thought, that Zhang Fei when attack 01 unit, he also attack all units within his range, equip with the Double Attack Spear he will be the beast :huohu:

As for the team I can only pick 01 S rank general (duo to the 99 points limitation) so it will be decided later which one to choose. I mean every S rank general has the special skill that make his name remarkable so it will be hard to decide then. Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun (evade like a maniac), Ma Chao, Taishi Ci, etc. Still have to wait for the first 7* spear.

I don't know about Xiang Yu in the Liu Bang banner, he's considered even stronger than Lu Bu in the history, as the strongest general in all of China. But he will be hard to get, and Lu Bu now is free so this is not hard to choose between them :D
Arumi
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:05 am

Arumi wrote:I also consider Zhang Fei as he has some amazing passive skill with Attack All in Range description, but I do not know exactly how it works then. But if it happens like I thought, that Zhang Fei when attack 01 unit, he also attack all units within his range, equip with the Double Attack Spear he will be the beast :huohu:

Me too, no idea, it's a unique passive but I can't say I've noticed it in action.

As for the team I can only pick 01 S rank general (duo to the 99 points limitation) so it will be decided later which one to choose. I mean every S rank general has the special skill that make his name remarkable so it will be hard to decide then. Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun (evade like a maniac), Ma Chao, Taishi Ci, etc. Still have to wait for the first 7* spear.

Saying this as someone who went with Taishi Ci...he's not that good haha. Even with him decked out pretty decently (i.e. 7* spear, Elephant Skin Robe), he still crumples pretty easily. Where he really shines is quests, once he hits level 90 and you unlock his Penetrating Attack, he will chop through mooks like a hot knife through butter. And he also does decently on Annihilation maps where the terrain is in his favor...but the same terrain favors Warlords, most of whom just chop him up swiftly.

A LOT of people go with Zhao Yun for his annoying First Strike passive (though this may just be long-term players using him as defense only when offline). And Xiahou Dun is totally viable as your light cav in Annihilation if you decide to allot more points to another position on your team.

Edit: Just realized, Zhao Yun and Ma Chao are Mountain Cavalry like Lu Bu. They actually tend to be even squishier than Light Cavalry actually (in my experience), and a bit more vulnerable to tactics, too. There are artifact/passive combos which can make them good tankers but Light Cav will have slightly more bulk. Plus the terrain advantages are TOTALLY different, I don't think there is any significant overlap at all there between the two unit types. So keep an eye out for that.

I don't know about Xiang Yu in the Liu Bang banner, he's considered even stronger than Lu Bu in the history, as the strongest general in all of China. But he will be hard to get, and Lu Bu now is free so this is not hard to choose between them :D

Xiang Yu isn't in the Liu Bang banner, supposedly his banner is going to be available a little later on. So there is no choice to make for the moment, haha
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Arumi wrote:Thank you both, appreciate your helpful advises :D I think I will go with Zhang Liao as his total grow points (1297) is 70 points higher than Dad (1225), especially the different in INT may let's Liao survive better with spell caster from other team.

I did not lose interest in Lu Bu but to unlock him will require a lot of jades and silver. At the moment I focus on getting Zhuge Liang and raise him to level 80 to get the passive warlord buff from him. I think getting Lu Bu will not happen at least for another 01 month.

I also consider Zhang Fei as he has some amazing passive skill with Attack All in Range description, but I do not know exactly how it works then. But if it happens like I thought, that Zhang Fei when attack 01 unit, he also attack all units within his range, equip with the Double Attack Spear he will be the beast :huohu:

For future reference, don't worry too much about the "total growth points". You can use scrolls to increase the base stats of characters, and base stats over 110 give much smaller returns, so you can "catch up" Dad's Int to Zhang Liao's level down the road if you are so inclined. It's not the most efficient use of scrolls, but I've pumped enough scrolls into my Lu Bu to get his Int to 110, so it happens. And my Lu Bu can survive tactics as a result. ;)

Zhang Fei's Desperate Attack is indeed "attack all in range", and it is very good. On his turn, you move him and send him to attack one enemy, and after he attacks that enemy (and gets counterattacked if applicable) he will also attack every other enemy in his range (and get counterattacked by each if applicable). The extra attacks against the non-primary target will ignore all defensive traits like anti-Double Attack/anti-Critical Attack. However, Zhang Fei does need a Leading/Chain spear to get the offensive output to really take advantage of being able to hit everything in range at once. As Light Cavalry, he also doesn't get to hit diagonals. Though I have a Chain Attack spear, I chose to 99 Wang Yi because of her lower deployment cost and her Penetrating Attack and accuracy traits. I still have a level 80 Zhang Fei with Desperate Attack unlocked anyway, and it's still fun going through his story mode currently laying waste to everything with it!

(Since you mention Xiang Yu, too, I believe he will also come with Desperate Attack)

For Zyzyfer, one little note on Taishi Ci, he gets his Penetrating Attack at level 50, not level 90, so he can start running amok a bit earlier. Of course, buying passives on characters you don't intend to 99 (because they're not always that good) generally isn't wise... but I do have Desperate Attack unlocked on my Zhang Fei, so I can't preach too much. ;)

And yes, Mountain Cavalry and Light Cavalry are two different unit types. Light Cavalry gear a bit more towards offense and at the highest promotions can hit two enemies in a line with one attack, but can't hit on diagonals and are only good in plains/cities. Mountain Cavalry are best in mountains/forests/desert, can hit diagonals and two squares away horizontally/vertically, but only hit a single enemy. Beyond that, the primary difference between the units will be the individual passives of each commander.

Good Light Cavalry units(some of whom need artifact support) include Dad, Zhang Liao, Zhang Fei, Wang Yi, Guan Yinping and Guan Ying. Good Mountain Cavalry units (ditto on artifacts) include Lu Bu, Deng Ai, Ma Chao and Zhao Yun.

Then there's Heavy Cavalry, which generally isn't a unit type you should focus on. Guan Yu and Cao Shen would be the top guys from that unit type. Plus Xiahou Mao, of course, but that goes without saying.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 pm

Oh when I said my comment about Taishi Ci, I worded it wrong. I mentioned level 90 with him because he gets the ability to hit two enemies then. That + Penetrating Attack equals mook killer. Once I took him past 90 he really cleaned house on those silver quests.

I was considering whether to pick up Wei Yan now since he is "discounted". I am on the fence because I would need to spend a little actual cash to acquire the necessary gold in time. And *much* more importantly, I don't have an ideal weapon for him at this time. So it's weighing eventual future use against the possibility I may never get the right stick for him to kick butt.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Far be it from me to encourage spending money, but the next story slated to be released will be the Huang Zhong story, and Wei Yan will be required for it as well. So you'd be getting a little more gold returned to you than you would normally once the second Turn The Page event is factored in.

But all the gold earned in-game in the world doesn't give you back any actual cash, so that choice will remain yours. ;)
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:11 am

Yeah so I finally purchased that one-time 31-day gold pass thinger (the actual affordable one). I know the Chinese and Southeast Asian dudes pretty much fund the servers, but I'm out of story modes to do at this point. :evil:

Plus I spend way more on going out to eat grilled meat so... :lol:
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Arumi » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:26 am

Nowaday Nexon offers Xu Shu packages (3 times) with 9,99$ for 80 level ticket. I consider to buy one for Zhuge Liang.

Nexon even offer one time package which includes a lev 99 ticket, sound really good as it will save up a month grinding and a lot of silver for upgrading :D

I'm at level 69, one more day and to the milestone where I do not need to pay attention on the map anymore hehe. My Hao Zhao is almost done upgrading, only one time for armor and one time for accessory. But it costs a lot now (3.6 mil. for armor and 3 mil. for accessory) when my stock pile is limited to 2mil. silver only T_T.
Arumi
Tyro

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:47 pm

You'll be able to level up the stockpile a lot more as your rank increases. The max amount it can hold at rank 99 is 5.6 million of each, so stick with it. In the meantime, you'll just have to upgrade that equipment piecemeal, combine one of the component pieces and wait to get the next one.

I've been able to deploy my Han Xin at level 99 now to Annihilation, alongside Zhou Yu. It's really rather ridiculous. I normally run physical-heavy lineups, so to change to tactics-heavy and add the conditional "Han Xin/Zhou Yu need to be hit once to unleash their true power" effect is quite a change, but I can't argue with its effectiveness. They're laying enemies to waste, and it's fun to try to manipulate the AI so they get hit once to trigger their Peerless but not hit enough to get killed.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Yeah if you have any tips regarding Zhou Yu's "get face punched first" approach in Annihilation, I'm all ears. One small mis-step and his face gets punched into next week!
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:35 am

It's tricky! ;)

I wait and see where the opponents move at the start if I can, and deploy my Han Xin (you can use Hao Zhao) to intercept the enemy's strongest physical attackers, particularly those with guaranteed criticals. Zhou Yu gets sent a different direction, ideally to match up against the opponent's Hao Zhao, a foe who isn't going to be able to kill him in one shot and who ideally only gets one shot (which will just deplete the MP without doing any physical damage). Of course, the exact movements depend on what the opponent's team is and whether I move first or not and how they split up. The water map has two natural chokepoints where a tank can occupy enemies, so try to use those to your best benefit to lock down the Diaochans and Gan Nings of the opposing team.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games