Favorite Video Game of All-Time?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Favorite Video Game of All-Time?

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:Still Suikoden 5.
But I was very impressed by the Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2. Can't wait for the 3rd one to be translated by Exceed. Amazing depth, amazing voice acting.

Ah, that was my second Suikoden after 3. I really enjoyed it, liked the art style and the military campaigns even if they were a super simple rock paper scissors style.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:36 pm

I played the 3rd one after Suikoden 5, 4 and tactics. Really liked it as well. Played the 2nd and 1st one after the release on psn. Come to think of it...I played the games in exactly the reverse order :lol:
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am

For me it's kind of hard to choose. There are many games I love. For example, I think Shovel Knight is amazing. I also think Shogun 2 is amazing. But how do I pick which one is the better of the 2? They're completely different, haha.

If I had to pick one, maybe I'd go with Shogun 2,since I've played the hell out of it. Simple, elegant, and challenging, what can I say, playing it with a friend is always fun.
Funny I say this since I hated the game when I first played it.
Qin Feng
Initiate

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm

I enjoyed original Shogun. Shogun 2 wasn't fun for me 'cause my pc couldn't really handle it.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, I totally see what you mean. If it doesn't run well it's not a pleasant experience. Me I tried starting with shogun 1, but in my case it was so old it didn't work on my pc :lol:
Qin Feng
Initiate

Unread postby Skode » Sat May 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Still Shining Force 2 all these years later. Shining Resonance has been announced to be getting new gen port to all consoles in July so I'm hyped for that. I understand it's a very different beast from the series I loved when Camelot made them - literally different lol but I'm getting it for nostalgia with the series regardless.

Not much of a gamer these days though, my tv is now the home of power rangers and transformers :lol: but I do play DW9 and Smite when ever I get free time.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun May 06, 2018 7:00 am

Little Skode's have good taste in TV! :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Sun May 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Skode wrote:Still Shining Force 2 all these years later.

I have fond memories playing through Shining Force 1 and 2 on an old black and white TV in the basement. (My parents didn’t want me hogging the main TV with my video games so I had no choice. They even provided me with an RF switch. :lol:)

They are indeed amazing games! I have yet to see either of them in color in person though. :lol: I should plug them in again someday.

I had no idea Shining Resonance was releasing in just a couple months! Definitely gonna try it out.
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Jackrob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:45 pm

I love to play online games. Whenever, I don't have work I love to play those games whether in my mobile or computer. Here is my most favorite games: 1) xBox One 2) Minecraft 3) Clash of Clans 4) Teen Patti.
Jackrob
Tyro

Unread postby Qin Feng » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

The most enjoyable multi-player game for me has to be TF2. I played quite a bit of it a few years back and it was great fun, even for me who doesn't enjoy shooters very much.
Qin Feng
Initiate

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven