Fansub of the new Three Kingdom TV series (Ep 1-95 released)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Fansub of the new Three Kingdom TV series (Ep 1-95 relea

Unread postby Valvatorez » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:27 am

waywardauthor wrote:There's a new series out called the Advisors' Alliance. I watched one episode, it has a good start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeNjOVSa1Y

Thanks for posting this, I just finished watching the entire first half of the series, and I have to say, it's really good. It centers mostly around Sima Yi and the Cao family, and not everything is entirely accurate, but in general its really worth watching :)
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 am

I have a question for the Jiang Hu gang :)

Someone recently uploaded the series to Youtube, and I started watching it as my subway commute on my phone and got a few episodes in. But apparently something happened and now the channel only goes up to like episode 22 or something.

My question is, what are my options for catching the rest of the episodes? I did download the eps way back when and might still have them on my PC, but I figure they're quite big to be sticking them on a phone given the limited space. Is there an official Youtube or other channel online where I can watch them?

Edit: I am loving the series so far, by the way. I can see why everyone raves about the guy playing Cao Cao in this, he is excellent.

Edit 2: link just in case
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 pm

No, Jianghu doesn't want them on youtube. Sadly can't stop them.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:28 am

I suspected that might be the case. I guess I will try to figure out how to play the files on my phone.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am

Stupid question but those who have been around for a while know I'm a complete computer n00b. Like Zyzfer I was watching the occasional episode on youtube, where are the files so I can download them? :oops:

The link on the first page comes up with a privacy error!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 am

You can get them on nyaa.si just search for "jiang hu". That's where they're releasing all of their new episodes (All Men are Brothers and Journey to the West) as well.

Though the Three Kingdoms download is over 144 gigs, so make sure you have a big enough hard drive for them if you want everything, and also don't want to go over your bandwith limit if you don't have an unlimited plan.
Last edited by Aaron.K on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks Aaron! I was only planning on downloading a couple of episodes at a time and I can always delete them after watching each one! :D
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:36 pm

No problem. Also, you should join the Jiang Hu facebook group, if you plan to only DL it in batches, you might have issues where not enough people are seeding it at the time, so if you shoot a message there, someone will usually help.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium