My Adaptation WIP: Sanguo Legends

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

My Adaptation WIP: Sanguo Legends

Unread postby Cai Mao » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:53 am

Hello Everyone.
I'm HisPurpleness on Deviantart. I'm working on my own Sanguo Adaptation, Sanguo Legends.
I can rework the name if necessary.

Here are some illustrations I've worked on so far

Guan Yu VS Hua Xiong

Shan Fu (Xu Shu) and Pang Tong

Cai Mao

Jiang Wei and Wang Ping

Cao Cao and Xun Yu

Gan Ning

The Sun Family (See if you can guess who's who)

Sima Yi

Please let me know if you're interested in seeing more. :D
Your feedback is invaluable.
Cai Mao
Tyro

Re: My Adaptation WIP: Sanguo Legends

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:56 am

Hey Cai Mao, they look great! You must have been working on them for a long time!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am

Hey! Nice to see you here!

I love the faces, they're all so intense. I really admire how every single character design is so distinctive - they're all easily identifiable and unique. They're vibrant and lively, and you can see their personalities. I also like the action poses, very dynamic.

It's very, very cool and I can't wait to see more!
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Unread postby Cai Mao » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks, you two. :D
You don't know how to make the images smaller, do you? I think I accidently cropped out a bit.
Where's the best place to discus ideas on the site?
Cai Mao
Tyro

Unread postby Cai Mao » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Just got another image done.
Here are some of the main POV characters of Shu.
I've got Zhao Yun as 'kind-of' the main character but, instead of the peerless warrior type he's often portrayed as, he's instead a sort of 'naïve everyday-man' who's looking out for the common people and is more than often at odds with Liu Bei who, while wishing to restore order and righteousness, isn't really a 'people-person'.
His Sworn-Brothers even less so.
But Zhao Yun isn't without friends, as shown here.
A group of very important figures under Liu Bei's command who deserve a lot more attention than they get.

(Left to Right)

Sun Gan: The Tree Lizard. A woman of patience, sensibility and experience, Sun Gan serves as Minister of Xiapi, formulising and offering long-term strategies for both economic and military matters.

Jian Yong: The Mountain Tortoise. A boisterous, ever-jovial companion, Jian Yong knows just about everyone in Xiapi and can be counted on to make friends and deceive enemies wherever possible, his easy-going facade hiding a keen cunning.

Shan Fu: The White Dragon. A humble but determined practitioner of strategy and subterfuge, Shan Fu is a swift and faithful agent of Xiapi, always ready to lend blade and mind to the cause of both his lord and friends.

Zhao Yun: The Little Dragon. While not the most strong, smart or skilled warrior in China, it is Zhao Yun’s perseverance that makes him prized by those who serve him, determined to protect the common people no matter whom he may serve.

Mi Zhu: The Rose Dragon. A bubbly noble heiress who’s never afraid to get her hands dirty and pull her weight around Xiapi, Mi Zhu is the one who pulls all her friends together in even the gravest situations.

Mi Fang: The Violet Dragon. Mi Zhu’s twin-brother and the golden-boy of Xiapi, Mi Fang is devoted to the land and people that gave his family all they have now and is prepared to do anything to safeguard them.

Liao Hua: The Flying Squirrel. The peerless and formidable ex-Yellow Turban commander, Liao Hua is a swordswoman with few equals who can be counted on to get her soldiers out of any scrape and fight on until victory is snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Fu Shiren: The Fieldmouse. A squire to the Mi family, Fu Shiren is a sweet, shy and slightly awkward girl whose appearance hides a bold resolution that matches her companions and she’ll gladly rush into the fray to protect her fellows.

Pang Tong: The Moth. An eccentric travelling conjurer and spymaster, Pang Tong’s exceptional skills in strategy are available only to those who earn his respect and his guidance paves the way to bring the Kingdom of Shu Han into the playing field.

Note: Jian Yong is NOT Zhang Fei. He's someone I'm taking quite far from his usual portrayal and the role of 'big, friendly drunk' given to Jian Yong.
Cai Mao
Tyro

Unread postby Ramunaex » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am

This is the most helpful suggestion. I feel like it
Ramunaex
Tyro

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration