Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Dynasty Tactics II?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Unsure
2%
Never played it…
13%

Total votes : 142

Re: Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I wish DT either version was on PSN for Ps4 backward compatibility.

I'm playing Godseekers and while I like it, it is not like DT. If your looking for a game strong in tactics then I wouldn't recommend it, it is more a DW type tone. The only challenge (even on hard) really is in story/characters where a setplay ambush or something (or simply some super high level figures) can force readjustment of your plans but even then a well placed synchro attack pretty much wipes out anything

Not sure if it is helpful but Dynasty Tactics 2 is on the PS3 PSN store but for some reason not the PS4 PSN store. I have no idea why the stores are so different with content though.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Alas I only have a PS4 but thank you
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Equinox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

So I have been trying to get those elusive Liu Bei and Cao Cao rankings again, and man, it is dreadfully hard to keep the combo damage down. I've tried numerous methods, but when most of the combo consists of Boost and Revive, sometimes I miscalculate and end up doing too little damage to eliminate the enemy. I also sometimes use low stat officers, but it also has mixed results. Yang Song, Fei Shi, and Yi Ji are not exactly powerhouses, and nothing is more frustrating that setting up a combo but then coming 500 troops short of defeating your enemy - and losing your tactics so you can't try again. UGH!

Another conundrum is not recruiting officers - I am almost on autopilot when it comes to recruiting, and tend to enjoy amassing a huge officer list. Unfortunately keeping the officer count under 71 is proving much harder than it should be. Trying to simultaneously defeat enemies while using weaker/lower level officers to keep damage down, and not using level 15s is making the game pretty hard, since as officers grow they tend to get much stronger, and often cause me to casually deal more than 300,000 damage in one combo and ruin my chances at the Cao Cao rating.

Anyone who has achieved these ratings - any tips or ideas? I am struggling through my latest save constantly doing too much damage.
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games