Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon May 15, 2017 2:53 am

It says May 24th 2016..... :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:It says May 24th 2016..... :P

I linked the wrong one, sorry.
https://steamdb.info/app/635350/subs/
This one went up on May 5. No release date on it, so my mistake.

The specuation was that "Old Friend" will release on 24th because it's Total Warhammer's anniversry.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon May 15, 2017 3:28 pm

It would be nice for a second Empire faction, while I haven't bought any of the DLC except for the wood elves I have tried to play as all of the free secondary groups. Was wondering why the Empire and the dwarves are the only factions that don't have a second faction.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 15, 2017 4:41 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:It would be nice for a second Empire faction, while I haven't bought any of the DLC except for the wood elves I have tried to play as all of the free secondary groups. Was wondering why the Empire and the dwarves are the only factions that don't have a second faction.

Dwarfs have a second faction with DLC (and Greenskins get a third).
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Ah, I actually forgot that. I kinda want the Goblin faction but I want to wait for a sale :-p Is the second dwarf faction good?
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 15, 2017 9:37 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Ah, I actually forgot that. I kinda want the Goblin faction but I want to wait for a sale :-p Is the second dwarf faction good?

Depends what you mean by "good". :P

They're MUCH harder than the main Dwarf faction--your units receive +50% upkeep penalty, and your Lords +100%, until you capture Karak Eight Peaks, which is guarded by a strong stack glued to the city. The new LL is a very good fighter but has a worse "red" skill tree than generic Dwarf leaders because he doesn't get "Grimnir's Heirs" and only improves Rangers instead of all ranged units like other Dwarf leaders.
It also hurts that whn you play as him the Crooken Moon get a ton of cheats on top of the regular AI cheats (the reverse also applies).
On the plus you start with four high level ghost heroes who are immortal and immune to assassination.

EDIT:
Lizardmen army roster:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
Looks like ALL the generic lords and heroes are included this time.

Edit: Apparently some of their units have a "rampage" mechanic where they kill their own men. I guess they made the Lizardmen much stupider than in the TT game. Apparently it's the "feral" dinosaur units, which I do not believe existed in TT.

EDIT2:
High Elf army roster:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
Surprised the Archmage isn't available as a Lord option.

EDIT3:
Warhammer I getting a new race pack by the end of the year:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the- ... -07-06-17/

The ‘Old Friend’ will indeed be our next content drop for WARHAMMER, it’s tied to an event later in the summer. I know there’s some excitement, but it’s just a small thing that we wanted to do. Think along the lines of the Blood Knight Free-LC, rather than lords or anything. Not saying it’s a unit specifically, but that sort of scale addition to the game. The event gave us the chance to do something, so we took it.

Having said that, I can say it won’t be the last addition to WARHAMMER. As mentioned in the previous blog a few months ago, we’d been thinking about what sort of content could be added to the first game, and what that might be. We’ve hit on something we think is a pretty good opportunity to add some more content to the game, so there will be a new Race Pack released later in the year, before WARHAMMER II is released.

No, it’s not Kislev (sorry!), but the New Content team have got some rather unique gameplay mechanics for this new Race, and it will come with a small update to the main game and a Free-LC drop. This particular Free-LC will benefit not only main game owners, but also DLC owners too this time.

Otherwise, the New Content team are in the early concept and design stages for the first WARHAMMER II DLC out post-launch.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

New race? That is surprising with new game coming out

Finished the vampire quests, I preferred the other two to Manfred's as felt more sense of their characters through the quest lines though neither had an awesome dragon. Mopping up the Brettons but won't push on, will go for chaos, as I'm not a "must conquer the world" figure, at stage where should manage it through sheer resources (empire provinces is dead so would easily take rest of human lands and use the sheer wealth+army sizes to slowly grind through dwarfs). That dwarf bit was rare mistep for me, I enjoy the troops and having to calculate for what I do not have to bring, I love seeing the lands turn dark under my vampire influence, I enjoyed the technique descriptions.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:50 pm

The theory that I think makes the most sense--and is fairly common--is we're getting Dogs of War (mercenaries), either on their own (in older editions they were a playable army on their own, or other armies could include their units), or as part of a playable Tilea.

It was revealed recently that CA are allowed to make units for factions that never had an army list officially. Since this was revealed not long before this announcement it makes Tilea fairly plausible.

and it will come with a small update to the main game and a Free-LC drop. This particular Free-LC will benefit not only main game owners, but also DLC owners too this time.

This part is why some people think mercenaries are incoming--everyone aside from Bretonnia uses them, and according to some sources Bretonnia just claims they don't while using them in overly complex ways that let them claim they're not hiring fighters.

From Jakal on the Lore thread on Steam:
additionally, there's the tradition of "sheperds" in the soutern part of bretonnia. there simply isn't enough knights to cope with the amont of greenskins and beastmen, so the lord will hire a mercinary company to act as shepards. of a single sheep for the while unit. it doesn't pay much, but every time the lord's messanger goes to check they're minding the sheep properly (which is often, can't trust those tileans and all) they manage to lose a big sack of gold, to which the lord sends a sternly worded letter about finding the gold and exactly how much money it was, and the mercinary captian sends a return note bemoaning the fact they can't find it and how much money they would be able to expect next month if they hadn't taken a job guarding a sheep and it's just seen as nobility protecting their property.

Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/364360/di ... 7716193750

EDIT:
September 28 confirmed for Warhammer II release date.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/ ... ils#latest
People who buy it early get the Warhammer I race pack free.

EDIT 2:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/serpent-god-edition-faq/
Important part:

What’s in the Race Pack DLC?

We will shortly announce what the Race is, but it will be a completely reworked faction for the Old World complete with new units including some unique new monsters, 2 new Legendary Lords each with unique skills trees, quest chains and unique starting positions.

So it's something already on the map. Might be Norsca, then. I can't see any of the other ones still on the map having multiple start positions.
The odd thing with Norsca is they would realistically just be "Warriors of Chaos with settlements and missing most of their strongest units".
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Would be strange having the pirates of the north, I like the Bretons way of getting around not having mercs!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Would be strange having the pirates of the north, I like the Bretons way of getting around not having mercs!

I'd really prefer Dogs of war, just because they have some of the most interesting possibilities. That's the army book where they went full Python.
Behold the Birdmen of Catrazza!
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/ ... f_Catrazza

Also, no other army could have a unit of drunken Dwarf slayer pirates fighting side by side with a group of skeletons (led by an immortal who is not happy about being an immortal skeleton who reanimates anybody he kills).
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven