Forum Layout: Feedback and Troubleshooting

Includes Forum Rules and Major Announcements. Post feedback, concerns, and forum issues. Moderation applications and public votes also take place here.

Re: Forum Layout: Feedback and Troubleshooting

Unread postby James » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:Not yet. :pika:

Mash the refresh button a few times and try again? :pika:

If that doesn't work, can you describe in detail what you're seeing? Or screenshot? Are you using a content filter or adblock product which might be conflicting with Tapatalk?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:40 am

I give it a shot a couple of times each day when I'm on my phone browsing online. It's been doing it for about a week and a half now, I guess.

Basically, when I attempt to access the site, the browser will begin the website access process, but it ends up stalling. The screen does not change at first, but eventually it will go blank as if it has succeeded in accessing the new page and is preparing to display it. But then it hangs again, and the loading bar doesn't progress at all. I've let it try to load for a couple of minutes a handful of times and it does not seem to load an error page at any point either.

To my knowledge, I don't have ad blocker or other content blocking programs installed. Definitely, I haven't recently altered anything knowingly that would lead to this. (Actually, to that end, I have never installed Tapatalk either...)

Edit: So I tried to access from a Google search and noticed that the URL includes something about Mobiquo - which appears to be related to Tapatalk - and also "smartbanner/ads.php" and this is where it hangs. Dunno if that's meaningful but oh well. :?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Ugh. Okay, try again?
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am

No dice.

Since it's just me it must be something on my end, I'll try fiddling around, and if that doesn't pan out...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:No dice.

Since it's just me it must be something on my end, I'll try fiddling around, and if that doesn't pan out...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, it sounds like it's 'me' in the sense of the Tapatalk add-on doing something or another to prevent you from browsing the forum. Which may just be a bug in their software or scripting causing trouble in your browser. I most recently disabled the prompt to install and use Tapatalk. You could check one more time because I forgot to clear the forum caches after doing so.

If it's happening to you, it may well be happening to other people as well.

I suppose another option is to actually install and use Tapatalk?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:03 am

OK been doing a bit of troubleshooting just now. Just going to post the info.

I am on a Samsung Galaxy S6. Had been accessing through Samsung's basic "Internet" browser which had worked fine up until just recently.

Went ahead and tried on the Chrome browser. Still hangs.

Downloaded the Tapatalk app and followed SoSZ on there. Still hangs through Tapatalk.

A friend tried to access SoSZ using Safari on his iPhone (I don't know the exact model but it's a little on the old side). Hangs for him. He then tried on Chrome, still no luck.

The one thing our mobiles have in common is that they are both in South Korea. It's also worth noting that we both are able to access the site just fine via PC, and that kongming.net is also inaccessible by mobile for us - we get the same hang.

I'm not sure what to make of that. :shock:

Edit: Bit more information from him. Will just copy/paste.

I just switched my desktop Chrome to announce that it's an iPhone 6 and hit the site-- it loaded fine. Also tried it by pretending that I'm an Android phone running KitKat and it was also okay.

Sorry, edit 2:

I just turned on my VPN account on my iPhone and the site loaded with no issues whatsoever.

My friend and I use the same ISP in Korea so! I think that must be the culprit.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:56 am

I can't access this site on my home wifi at the moment, this is both on my laptop and on my phone yet I can access it with my phone's data and at work! Is anyone else having any issues?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Don't worry! I'm back on again now!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Public Council