Editing Rotk XI MSG Files

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: Editing Rotk XI MSG Files

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

248 and others before or after it are exactly the same in both.
So I tried adding more messages to mess up the order, since I thought if it's blank maybe it's pointing to a blank message and messing them up would cause another message to appear there instead so I could see where it's pointing to, and nothing lol.
I guess if that was the case like I listed with the bigger file, that more stuff would be wrong.
From a quick test, Inspections, marching out a transport unit or regular unit, and if someone succeeds or fails a search are all missing. If you drill troops, have officers arrive somewhere, build something, or things like that, those show up fine.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:18 pm

That's really weird. I know that I can't be much of a help anyway since everything works in PUK.
It looks like you have to put up with it. I don't have any other assumption why these won't show up.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:04 pm

It's not that huge of a deal to me, but I will keep trying stuff here and there and post if I fix it.
It's kinda driving me nuts at the moment lol, even put the puk messages in there to see if stuff shows up and it did, and also didn't change the size of the file after editing. I'm gonna work a couple of other things for now and come back to that missing stuff later.
As a side note, I think the %50 means that an officer will have a 50% chance to say something specific where it's listed, or 50% chance to say any of the generic quotes, I've seen 1% also mostly for recruiting people who have spouses since they seem to always say the same thing when recruited if you have their spouse already on your force.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Sorry to double post, but to update, I can get them to appear again, except they show up as "IndistinctMessageID[8800]. Also 8870s as well. I will keep working lol and edit this if I fix it.

Edit: On further testing, after using the editor, the last 100 or so messages are all invisible. How many messages are in msg01 of the japanese version? I see the puk has about 100 less messages than the English version and if the program is designed for those versions, maybe that's why it's cutting off the last 100 for the English version? That's only thing I can think of since nothing I've done is fixing it :roll:
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby dgesd » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Ok here's what I'm doing on the missing commands. Using the original file, everything works perfectly and shows up. If I edit anything and save, that's when the notice in the log window disappears.
I have the same problem. You fixed it?
dgesd
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:18 am

You can try messing with the pointers in the brackets after msg 3500 or so if you want, or you can try this. This is only my test file I fixed and I had to delete some council messages for it to work, but since I don't use the council anyways, I'm not really worried about it. Everything else should be fine now, please let me know if it works for you :P
Attachments
S11MSG01.rar
(122.86 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:08 am

Valvatorez wrote:Sorry to double post, but to update, I can get them to appear again, except they show up as "IndistinctMessageID[8800]. Also 8870s as well. I will keep working lol and edit this if I fix it.

Edit: On further testing, after using the editor, the last 100 or so messages are all invisible. How many messages are in msg01 of the japanese version? I see the puk has about 100 less messages than the English version and if the program is designed for those versions, maybe that's why it's cutting off the last 100 for the English version? That's only thing I can think of since nothing I've done is fixing it :roll:

PUK 1.1.1.0 has 3804 messages in S11MSG01.s11.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dgesd » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 pm

Valvatorez wrote:You can try messing with the pointers in the brackets after msg 3500 or so if you want, or you can try this. This is only my test file I fixed and I had to delete some council messages for it to work, but since I don't use the council anyways, I'm not really worried about it. Everything else should be fine now, please let me know if it works for you :P

At these moment all is fine (exept council :D ). If I find some bugs I will tell you. Thx
dgesd
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Glad to hear it. Besides the council, everything else SHOULD be ok, if there's errors though, let me know.
Valvatorez
Academic

Previous

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods