Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Discussion

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 am

I've gotten an unusually large number of forced duels this game. Xu Chu's gotten two (one against Cai Mao and another agaist someone I don't recall), Niu Jin got one against Cai Mao (the guy can't catch a break!) and now Xiahou Dun got one against Han Sui. Especially odd because none of them were bad ones like Zhang Xun forcing one against Lu Bu or something like that. The cavalry gods must be smiling on me this game.

Meanwhile, Yu Jin has partially restored my faith in districts by doing a good job of building troops in Luo Yang (my only city that isn't on a border) for me to ship off to my frontline cities.

Edit: I just realized why I keep getting forced duels. My Guan Yu statue.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:20 am

Gray Riders wrote:Edit: I just realized why I keep getting forced duels. My Guan Yu statue.

Obviously.

-----

Small update on that Liu Bei game, as it was kind of cool for once what happened.

So I mentioned before that Wang Yun was running Tianshui after I killed Zanny. Additionally, Zhao Fan initially owned Anding and Wuwei, but he also harassed me so I executed him as well, leaving Yan Baihu to take charge.

Anyway, I was in the middle of a little counter campaign against Anding to hedge troops and earn a little TP. Unexpectedly, a diplomat arrives, requesting a short ceasefire. Sure, why not? I agree, knowing that he will just rebuild his army and attack once it's over.

But what went down next was really fun, and I wish these sorts of things happened more often in the game. First, Wang Yun deploys some units to attack Changan. Then, Yan sends out his own units to attack Tianshui. Wait, what?!? Realizing that it's about to get heavy up in Liang, I march out as well to join in on the fun.

Yan ended up taking the city, but suffered too many losses, so I pressed on. He was also silly enough to march out personally as a defender, so I went ahead and offed him. I suppose I could have been nice, but hey, being ruthless is fun sometimes. Han Sui took over.

I role-played it out that Yan Baihu realized that he needed to absorb Wang Yun's forces to have any chance to overcome me. He boldly made his move and it seemed like I had played right into his hands, up until the very end, when he realized just a little too late that he had been outfoxed. It's only one city on paper, but there's clearly no way that Han Sui can make a recovery at this point.

-----

edit: Well that escalated quickly. I blobbed from two to eight cities like it was nothing. Now fending off fellow blobber Lu Bu from Xuchang and Runan.

List of dead rulers so far:
Gongsun Zan
Yan Baihu
Han Sui
Guo Si (dude had like 10 items but no horse lulz)

Also picked up wandering freelancer Cao Cao, and have paired him with Sima Yi. Good times.

-----

edit: Sooooo I got tired of the Liu Bei game. Wanted to try out the most recent release of Zetta's randomizer program. I went ahead and stuck the 184 X base scenario in there and checked the RoH settings box and...

Well, let's just say that it works very well! I started up a game as Cao Fang(!) in Xiangping. Sun Liang(!) is my closest neighbor. My strategist is Wang Tao (72 INT) and my best warriors at the moment are Zhao Ang and Yan Rou. My city's specialty? Ships. (I'm plotting ways to use this to my advantage.)

I'm not even one year into the game yet so a lot can happen, but it's a nice rush.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:15 am

Has anyone tried swapping Cao Cao & Sun Quan force in Chibi scenario
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby wedge » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi,
I'm new in this forums. I just started playing RTK XI US version weeks ago again (after so many years) and just recently found my brother has a Japanese version plus the PUK with the rough translations. I started playing on his PC and when I made a district with 2 cities, I found that in one city the AI is removing and replacing buildings. The way I setup districts is put in one city the stables, smith and barracks while the rest have mostly Farm and Markets as I don't see the need to have all of them in every city that is part of a district. I never had this problem with my US version of RTK XI.

I did find this thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23397&hilit
But seems there was no solution to it (only two or people posted they encountered the same problem) and only an editor for the Chinese version will work. The thread was way back in 2014 and I am wondering if since then anyone who encountered the same problem found a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks!
wedge
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:30 am

I remember the same problem, thing is PUK added many buildings but the amount of building space in the city is the same. I don't know a solution, however.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby wedge » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks, Lord. I guess I just have to just let some Districts do their own thing and just make sure some vital cities in districts keep my supply chain going smoothly.

Just one more question about district Delegation. When the $$ or Gold in PUK version is set to "Idle" is it the same as Conserve Gold - "Important" setting in English version or is it "Ignore"? From what I also understand Bows/Pikes/Horses/Spears Build in PUK is equal to Important in English version?

Thanks again!
wedge
Tyro

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:38 pm

What would be the other option in the translation? I don't remember. From the sound of it, "idle" would rather be ignore.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Sun Quan attack South V1

This scenario was from "The Three Visit", i just swapped Cao Cao & Sun Quan force

Download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nidn72hm8jpc4dw/SCEN008.S11

Changes made

Jia Xu skill is now Intensify

Jiang Wei skill is now Agile Mind

All forces now Hostile with rebels force ( Qiang, Wuwan, Shanyue, Nanman & Bandit )

Map

foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Sun Quan attack South V2

This scenario was from "The Three Visit", i just swapped Cao Cao & Sun Quan force

Download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ovpekr6o7ucxgy/SCEN008.S11

Changes made

All forces now Hostile with rebels force ( Qiang, Wuwan, Shanyue, Nanman & Bandit )

Liu Bei & Ma Teng relationship are Neutral

Ma Teng & Liu Zhang relationship are Neutral

9 free & searchable officers in Sun Quan cities, are added into the force

Searchable officers in other cities, are converted into Free

Map

foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Sun Quan attack South V4

This scenario was from "The Three Visit", i just swapped Liu Bei force & Liu Biao force

Download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmsnqatuorgae2p/SCEN008.S11

Changes made

Liu Bei & Ma Teng relationship are Neutral

Ma Teng & Liu Zhang relationship are Neutral

9 free & searchable officers in Sun Quan cities, are added into the force

Searchable officers in other cities, are converted into Free

All forces no longer has any Technique Skill

Map

foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms