Nobunaga no Yabou: Sozou english version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Nobunaga no Yabou: Sozou english version

Unread postby kucing » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:46 pm

I tried that scenario on extreme difficulty but it is really tough to beat the Hojo. I didn't ally the Takeda because if I do that, they will probably absorb the Nagano. If you really want the Takeda on your side, you can use gifts to make the relationship become friendly. But remember, the Takeda and Hojo are allies!

Anyway the Takeda wasn't the problem, it's the endless horde of Hojo troops. I'm pretty sure if you have the patience to do manual battles most of the time, you can fight them off and carve Kanto. However it takes too much time and effort.

So I restarted the game and figured out that it isn't worth it to fight the Hojo that early. What I did was I went on to conquer Hokuriku (the territory of Honganji, Jinbo, Asakura, etc) then I conquer Kansai (central Japan). From there it became a very easy win because whoever can secure Kansai usually wins.
Nobunaga 13 English patch: http://goo.gl/sqHR3V
Nobunaga 12 English patch: http://goo.gl/FuDDCC
kucing
Student

Unread postby rk47 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 am

Saru wrote:I've been playing "The God of War Descends" as Nagao Kagetora/Uesugi Kenshin shortly after he takes power in Echigo circa 1547. I've been following the historical quests, but there's one where you have to emulate Kenshin's aggressive campaign against the Hojo in the 1560s. However, as most people know, the Hojo have a tendency to blob and get really strong from the outset. Is there any advice for taking on the Hojo and forming an effective anti-Hojo coalition? Do you have to start diplomacy with other clans in eastern Japan from the outset? Doesn't help that the Takeda are always really hostile to me. :(

Lowered AI aggressiveness to Medium and I had no issue picking off Hojo by putting in Kenshin/Kagemochi/Kojima in the same big stack backed by two smaller stacks to siege or delay.

The strategy is simple: activate Improved Cavalry policy and make sure your starting castle has the best upgrades to get the most Conscript. Square Gate/ Bailey/ Four-level Tenshu is what I did. Always use Kenshin's unit to engage. Get in close enough, activate Kojima Demon, Pierce. Win.

The most challenging is probably taking out Odawara, but if you build up your relations with the rest of lesser Kanto clans, you can easily overwhelm Hojo with reinforcements that were meant to distract while your main force move in to pick off their forces. The final Nijo march forced me to go through the Honganji-Asakura territory, which I promptly truced for 2 months but the food supply has to come from somewhere, hence lonely Nochiseyama Castle was blown up for food. Then we marched straight through the mountain pass of Miyoshi Clan. They refused any truce and I pierced through. When I saw Ashikaga calling for backup, I decided to play my diplomatic card next turn and promptly ended up with 4 new vassals, 2 of them were actually his relief force. :twisted: Took Nijo and the quest line seem to end with Kenshin declaring that he now knows what he didn't know and winning battle is about fighting those you know you can't lose. And fighting to live is to die and fighting to die is to live. :roll:

Good on you, Ken-chin.
rk47
Assistant

Unread postby Saru » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:44 am

Thank you so much for the advice!

Ran into another problem though... Playing as the Shimazu starting in 1570. I completed the Unification of Sanshū quest without any problems but I can't seem to figure out the requirements for the Battle of Takagigawa. You're supposed to "protect Taka castle" from the Otomo with Shimazu Iehisa as the lord of the castle and another Shimazu officer. What does "protect" mean? I managed to defeat the force the Otomo send against me but I still fail the quest. I tried running down the 8000 or so troops the Otomo send and then sending in a force under the Shimazu officer to finish it off while Iehisa remains in the castle, but that doesn't work. Am I supposed to keep both officers in the castle and let the Otomo surround it and then do an event battle? If so, Taka castle doesn't have enough troops on its own to beat 8000 Otomo troops. Am I supposed to upgrade Taka castle like crazy before the attack comes?
"Do you smell something burning?" - Oda Nobunaga, Honnoji, 1582
Saru
Apprentice

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Saru wrote:Thank you so much for the advice!

Ran into another problem though... Playing as the Shimazu starting in 1570. I completed the Unification of Sanshū quest without any problems but I can't seem to figure out the requirements for the Battle of Takagigawa. You're supposed to "protect Taka castle" from the Otomo with Shimazu Iehisa as the lord of the castle and another Shimazu officer. What does "protect" mean? I managed to defeat the force the Otomo send against me but I still fail the quest. I tried running down the 8000 or so troops the Otomo send and then sending in a force under the Shimazu officer to finish it off while Iehisa remains in the castle, but that doesn't work. Am I supposed to keep both officers in the castle and let the Otomo surround it and then do an event battle? If so, Taka castle doesn't have enough troops on its own to beat 8000 Otomo troops. Am I supposed to upgrade Taka castle like crazy before the attack comes?

I had trouble with this one, only because I left the defenses of that castle really low.
You have to let them surround the castle and then attack them with the reinforcements. Numbers don't matter it is a plot battle. You don't do anything, as long as those two guys are in the castle with Iehisa as the lord (I think that is who has to be the lord) and have the two guys attack as reinforcements then you automatically win.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi I've been wondering regarding Great Tenshu, for all we know there should be a few of them namely:

Odawara
    Azuchi
    Osaka

Are there a way to have a great tenshu build by a custom clan? I mean it'll be awesome if we can have them. 8-)

I've played in the struggle of power with a custom clan and started from the northern province. Played quite a while and finally conquered almost all the northern province already started expanding south towards Odawara castle, allied with the Uesugi and Takeda to bang up the Hojo.
:lol:
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sain-Cai » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Where can I get the game/patch? :(
Sain-Cai
Initiate

Unread postby kucing » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Lonely_dragon wrote:Are there a way to have a great tenshu build by a custom clan? I mean it'll be awesome if we can have them. 8-)

No

Sain-Cai wrote:Where can I get the game/patch? :(

It's currently free on Steam for a limited time.
Nobunaga 13 English patch: http://goo.gl/sqHR3V
Nobunaga 12 English patch: http://goo.gl/FuDDCC
kucing
Student

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Obviously this game is focused on Nobunaga, however what I am surprised at is the seemingly lack of missions for the Tokugawa. I know controlling them during Sekigahara would get me missions but is there any other time period where I can get historical missions for them? I tried two scenarios and got nothing, I tried an early one when Iyehasu was a child, and right after he declared independence from the Imagawa and in both cases no missions popped up for years.

Any suggestions for a scenario where I can get plot missions for the Tokugawa where there will be multiple missions and not just a few (I assume that Sekigahara missions go until Osaka)
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Drakken » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 am

Sain-Cai wrote:Where can I get the game/patch? :(

Steam.
Drakken
Assistant

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:18 am

kucing wrote:
Lonely_dragon wrote:Are there a way to have a great tenshu build by a custom clan? I mean it'll be awesome if we can have them. 8-)

No

Ahh... that's too bad... :cry:

I guess I'll have to just take Odawara. :lol:
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games