RTK XIII thread

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

RTK XIII thread

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 pm

RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 10)

http://www.destructoid.com/koei-announc ... 2431.phtml

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/first-look-r ... gdoms-xiii

omgomgomg though tbh the gameplay screenshots do not look that impressing to me. I'm glad they're bringing back a fashionable map with a battle system that looks a lot like the Nobunaga's Ambition they also announced.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: RoTK XIII Announced! Screenshots and Release Date (Dec 1

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Wed May 20, 2015 2:56 am

Very nice. I like the officer artwork, although I'll be a bit surprised if that level of quality is the standard.

I like the way city management looks, too. Kinda reminds me of 8, with how 12 looked. Battles look 11-like as well.

Thanks for the links. :D
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed May 20, 2015 3:04 am

I wonder what they mean by "Unlike previous entries, players will now be able to step into the role of a military commander."
Does that mean we can control lower ranked officers again? Not sure how this will be different, unless there is simply two ways of playing, leader or commander or something. I guess we will have to wait for more details.

Also I want the Zhuge Liang puppet :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Ren » Wed May 20, 2015 5:02 am

I really hope they really add some sort of personality system like back in Romance VI. Romance characters are always feel more like of a culmination of stats and skills rather than a real human being. Gimme more cutscenes, more personality, more interaction between characters.

- Some characters will argue and lose loyalty if being put on a same city (Wei Yan & Yang Yi, Huang Zu & Gan Ning).
- Some characters will trigger cutscenes when clashes on the battle field (Guan Yu & Yan Liang, Cao Xing & Xiahou Dun).
- Some character have a distinct speech pattern (more noticeable than Romance XI).
- Characters reacts differently on many variables, like Romance VI.

Little added details on characterization like these would make the game infinitely better.

Speaking of RoTK VI:
Loyalty likes everything and can't be recruited as long as their forces still standing; Control dislikes everything beside fighting; Preserve is good at developing the land and dislikes impoverished cities; Territorial is somewhere between Control and Preserve; Safety makes the best emissary and dislikes to be placed in cities with low order; Advance and Talent dislikes being idle; Retirement dislikes doing everything; Empire and Advisor hates each other and perform badly on a same tasks.
That's what I got from my experience. They're not far off, right? If they take the concept, improve, and implement it on this installment, it would be a dream come true.
Xiahou Ren
Assistant

Unread postby Grzyby15 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:15 am

I love it:) Looks really great! Wonderfull artworks.
Grzyby15
Tyro

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat May 30, 2015 8:27 pm

The RTK artwork has always been pretty, I just hope this commander mode isn't a half hearted officer mode. Seems strange how they are wording it.

Are battles AI unless you control a commander? Is that it, focus on kingdom management or war?
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat May 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Ranbir wrote:The RTK artwork has always been pretty, I just hope this commander mode isn't a half hearted officer mode. Seems strange how they are wording it.

Are battles AI unless you control a commander? Is that it, focus on kingdom management or war?

Yeah I am worried about the Commander mode as well. I am worried that it will basically place you into a battle as a character and see if you can win the same way they did in the novel/historically. I want officer mode! More variety in gameplay is what I have been missing.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat May 30, 2015 10:20 pm

Those battle screenshots remind me of the Total War series.

The gametasu article is making me think officer play is returning, but the "unlike previous entries" is weird (unless the person writing the article made that comment and doesn't know about those entries). I'll need to wait until more information is released.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xian Xu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:28 pm

I saw this on the Koei Warriors forum @ http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7393445/2/

KoeiTecmoAmerica wrote:
Sanji Himura wrote:I encourage everyone who wants this in English to buy the English version of Sphere of Influence. So far, that will be the only barometer that Koei has to know that there is still a market for Koei strategy games in the West.

Hi Sanji,

Yes, you are correct Nobunaga's Ambition's sales will definitely be an influential factor in future plans for Koei Tecmo. It does cost a lot to localize games like NA & ROTK due to the amount of content within the game.

I personally am a fan of ROTK and would like to see it come. However like i said earlier Nobunaga's Ambition sales will be a deciding factor.
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Well, while I am not the biggest fan of Nobunaga's Ambition, if ROTK is dependent on it's sales, I guess I can pick it up. I would rather get it on PC, hopefully that is an option in the US.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms