Call to Action! RTK X PUK Translation Project!

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Call to Action! RTK X PUK Translation Project!

Unread postby cryptonboy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:51 pm

8-) Romance of the Three Kingdom X PUK JAP-ENG Translation Project!

Cao Cao needs your help!

I'm no programmer, no translator, but I am a a big fan of the Rtk series. Played Rtk X and Xi on the PS2 for many years and I still am looking for a full translation for their PUK counterpart.

Although I myself am not a translator, I've been working on interchanging text between the PS2/PC version since last September whenever time allows building on top of T2_2112's awesome patch . At the moment I am attempting my lifetime journey of learning Japanese in order to actually translate future games.

If there is anyone who is interested in helping in getting the 10th Romance game translated, please let me know and we can plan something. If we can have more man power and maybe a Japanese/English translator on board, this project can producer faster results in less time. Nevertheless,the main thing is to have fans of the RTK series have working together on bringing a intriguing time period of Chinese history accessible to the public.

Please join!

:D

cryptonboy
Tyro

Re: Call to Action! RTK X PUK Translation Project!

Unread postby Feng Shin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:08 am

count me in.. I will definitely participate on this as long as I draw breath..!!
Feng Shin
Tyro

Unread postby DangerWorldWide » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:30 pm

I think you could cut short much of the work by simply copying the English text from the NA PS2 version.

Then all you have is the misc text that has multiple options, and the PUK additions.

I'd be glad to lend what time I can, but it's not much. But I also don't have ROTK X PUK.
DangerWorldWide
Apprentice

Unread postby cryptonboy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:49 am

DangerWorldWide wrote:I think you could cut short much of the work by simply copying the English text from the NA PS2 version.

Then all you have is the misc text that has multiple options, and the PUK additions.

I'd be glad to lend what time I can, but it's not much. But I also don't have ROTK X PUK.

I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that I interchange text from the ps2 game, but nevertheless your help will be beneficial. I will reach out to you soon regarding the project.

-cryptonboy
cryptonboy
Tyro

Unread postby Killaz916 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:32 am

If RTK X ever gets translated for PC fully like RTK XI i will die a happy man, that was by far the best RTK Game ever...

I can only offer my gratitude to you for trying to revive this project again.
Killaz916
Scholar

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Good luck mate. Should you ever manage to include all of the English dialogue of the PS2 version to the PC PUK, it may be enough to get me back to play this game again.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby CaoLang » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Man, someone brought this up. I rarely check these forums, but every time I do I'm hoping for progress on an ROTKX PUK Translation.

Honestly, I had the idea bouncing around for a few years now of using the PS2 translation for everything that I could, and then using various translation machines for the rest (Adjusting and making sentences make sense as needed), but to be honest I always backed down because I don't even know the first thing about even ATTEMPTING to start translating. I don't know where to get the tools, the process, all that other fun stuff.

If there's anything I can help with using my limited knowledge, tell me and I'll be at it. Even if it is just ripping more translations from the PS2 version.
CaoLang
Tyro

Unread postby DragonAtma » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Apparently Ferrante II is an alternate named for Ferdinand II of Naples. And if that's not enough, I guess you'll have to distinguish them the same way you distinguish Lady Wang 王夫人, wife of Sun Quan and Lady Wang 王夫人, wife of Sun Quan.

Also you probably should go with "G. deCordoba" not "G. Cordoba", as "de Cordoba" is literally "of Cordoba".
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FizCap » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:17 am

Good luck, I would love to help out, but I have no experience. I would die a happy man if RTK X was fully translated, which will probably never happen.
FizCap
Tyro

Unread postby Havie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Holy lord Ive been thinking about wanting to do this / mod this game somehow, if theres any breath of life still going on with this project.. count me in, or bring me up to speed where you left off.
I devoted like 6months to making an ROTK mod for Shogun2, so I'll go hard on this, full disclosure I dont know any Japanese but debated learning it for this exact scenario rofl

It does seem like just using the base ENG patch, and then finding the new text lines in Japanese wouldnt be that time consuming, its just a few more lines of code, it could even be broken english as long as it made somewhat logical sense.
Havie
Apprentice

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms