Who's your favorite Sun?

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Which sun officer do you like best?

Sun Jian
22%
Sun Quan
16%
Sun Ce
42%
Sun Shang Xiang
19%

Total votes : 293

Re: Who's your favorite Sun?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 pm

It has tended to be Sun Ce with SSX not that far behind, swapped over in 7.

Sun Jian: Tends to be a decent if short lived character, they got quite a bit out of him in 7.

Sun Ce: The cocksure surfer dude personality can grate sometimes but also makes him a lot of fun, he had an impetuous energy about him. More subdued in 7 so loses that spark, despite the odd unconvincing flash of anger.
7 Wu story spoiler
Wu's best death goes to him though, the only Wu death scene that was well done.

Sun Quan: Always been mr Bland of Blandville. 7, got more of a sense of personality but he wasn't exactly Cao Cao in terms of intresting and awful voice acting.

SSX: Like Ce, her spirited personality aka the tomboy, has grated at times. Yet she has generally been my third favourite female and perhaps overtaken Zhen Ji to be second, maybe even first in recent times. That perhaps dampened the fire a little in recent times, partly for the romance, but arguably in a good way, she was my favourite Wu-ser in 7.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 pm

She is definitely my favorite female character as she has felt like the most independent of them!! In 6 they made her awful but in 7 it actually showed her becoming interested in her future husband and actively pursuing him herself before leaving!! Granted I prefer the idea of her returning to Wu since that's what she did and I preferred that in DW5 part where she loved him but chose her families goals over her own!! I loved that!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 am

I think they should, as I have argued for with Diao Chan, swap around the endings. So in some games, she returns to Wu and in some cases remains with Liu Bei. Mind you, I would also be changing some characters personalties around each game and in a way, that would include SSX so every now and again, it is an unhappy marriage. That bit may be a bad idea though given how fun SSX is right now
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 pm

That's a cool idea but it might be too much for them to do, or they might consider it too much to incorporate!! That's why I liked DW4 SO MUCH because the levels were influenced by what happened in the preceding levels!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby chinesecannibal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 am

Sun Quan, he looked like a pimp in DW5.

EDIT: DW3 had the best combat system. It felt fluid.
Last edited by chinesecannibal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
chinesecannibal
Initiate

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 am

SunXia wrote:That's a cool idea but it might be too much for them to do, or they might consider it too much to incorporate!! That's why I liked DW4 SO MUCH because the levels were influenced by what happened in the preceding levels!!

I didn't like DW4 much, partly due to it being the game where DW started to lose it's magic, and partly as I didn't like the way they did the kingdom mode. What changes you could make didn't feel that big, maybe staves off enemy reinforces or an extra battle but other then that? Still, I agree what I said was probably too much to ask
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:
SunXia wrote:That's a cool idea but it might be too much for them to do, or they might consider it too much to incorporate!! That's why I liked DW4 SO MUCH because the levels were influenced by what happened in the preceding levels!!

I didn't like DW4 much, partly due to it being the game where DW started to lose it's magic, and partly as I didn't like the way they did the kingdom mode. What changes you could make didn't feel that big, maybe staves off enemy reinforces or an extra battle but other then that? Still, I agree what I said was probably too much to ask

While I admit the changes from each level to the next that depended on how you played the level weren't massive but it was a starting point, it could have become bigger, with say different levels changing depending on the character and decisions made!! Instead the changes made people used to the previous formula cry out so this made Koei afraid to make major changes other than adding characters like they did in DW3!! Thus they aren't going to be innovative enough to do that!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 am

I would agree that the reaction to kingdom mode in 4. against the idea of non individual stories rather then the quality, scared koei into going backwards. Into a trap of needing to add characters which then stretched their writers, took away time that could have been used on evolving the game system. The reaction to the botched reforms of 6 could also have scared them but think koei realized, if only somewhat, what they needed to do.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dirt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Sun Qiang.

j/k

It's Sun Ce.
Dirt
Initiate

Previous