What are you playing right now?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: What are you playing right now?

Unread postby Liao Ce » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Zhuanyong: what system is that "tales of vesperia" on? It sounds pretty cool. I like rpg games. I like them even better when they play somewhat like a live action game. (such as Final Fantasy 12 or SW: Knight of the Old Republic)

I bought NBA2k12 for PS3 and I think it's the best basketball game ever made. It has complete historical teams and awesome career and dynasty modes. The only thing I hate about it is the passing system. I turn the ball over a lot, and rarely do I feel like it's my fault. Hitting left and X (pass), you would think the ball would pass to the person to your left, but that's often not the case. But overall, I would rate the game 9/10. There's not many games I've ever played that I would rate a 9, so that's pretty high.

Hoping I get Skyrim soon. Plus I've heard that they just released Warriors Orrochi 3 in Japan. I don't know if they are bringing it to America, but I hope so.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby clashofwisdom45 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:50 pm

I am now playing Battlefield 2, yes, its the 2nd installment. I felt the need to catch up since, i was never a part of the Battlefield series, i am more of the Medal Of Honor and Call Of Duty type of game story type.

also Battlefield 2 had the story and continued in BF 3, i think. so its just right i start from the earlier installment.

also on the side, i have emulators for SEGA, NES and PS1. i loved PS1 games, i missed them so much! just KOed my friend in Bloody Roar! lol. that was fun... also played Monster Rancher again in Ps1, never get tired of this.
scatter wisdom.
clashofwisdom45
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Liao Ce wrote:Zhuanyong: what system is that "tales of vesperia" on? It sounds pretty cool. I like rpg games. I like them even better when they play somewhat like a live action game. (such as Final Fantasy 12 or SW: Knight of the Old Republic)

It's on XBox 360. It's not very easy to find in a store these days. I purchased my copy about two months ago and had to do it on Amazon.com. But I believe you can find it for close to $26 (I think that's about how much I paid). The battle system is a hybrid action rpg system. You can switch between the old school manual style i.e. FFVII or semi-auto i.e. Star Ocean Second Story. In semi-auto you have the ability to move all over the battlefield, though you are limited a bit. It's real-time battles, so your AI controlled characters act according to their own styles. This makes fighting some bosses fun. The game is setup to where blocking and dodging are necessary and you can only beat peons by just spam attacking with normal attacks and combos. Most bosses can attack you right through your attacks and may be impervious to getting staggered. Multi-player is an option for battles as well.

You can also go to the menu and order your AI controlled character to perform certain skills i.e. healing. Sometimes they may not naturally do it but, usually they are pretty good at bringing your character back to life automatically. :lol:

The last mode is auto which is a bit hard if you don't get used to the controls and master at least the main characters fighting style. You become fully responsible for his actions in battle then.

EDIT: @Liao Ce -- If you're interested, here is a link to a review of the game. It pretty much states what I would tell someone about it, especially, where it lists the pros and cons. I noticed there was a link to Amazon.com and the game does cost $26.05 there.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:26 pm

You can also download Tales of Vesperia from the Xbox marketplace for 19.99 (possibly less now, I got it on there a couple months back for that)...think it was around 6 gigs.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liao Ce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:05 am

All I have is a PS3 and a PS2.
Anyone know of any RPG games that are like Final Fantasy 12 or SW: Knight of the Old Republic for a PS3?
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:59 pm

NFS Hot Pursuit ... again.

this time ima complete the game
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Trying out my first MMO in years with Star Wars: The Old Republic. Its not bad so far. Actually enjoying it a lot. Might only have a 30 day subscription, but for those 30 days, I will probably enjoy it a lot. Having story elements really makes me enjoy the game more.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby clashofwisdom45 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:16 am

now playing NBA 2k12, nice one with the Jordan.

then it got me thinking, of tracking back the old NBA lLive series, so i got on my Emulator, played NBA Live '95! the Jordan player there is Player99, cool stuff. got me all nostalgic with the games you can't save while in season mode. i remembered i have my sega on a 24 hour marathon, while me taking a nap so my season won't go to waste by turning off the console. good times.
scatter wisdom.
clashofwisdom45
Apprentice

Unread postby Liao Ce » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 am

I recently got Skyrim. It is awesome !!! It was good enough that I stopped playing NBA2k12 when I got it.
The only problem I see with the game is the difficulty. It will seem real easy for a long while, then I will run into somebody (or something) that just can't be beat. But if I put it on easy, then it is all too easy. Maybe I just stink at the game, or maybe I don't yet know how to level up my character for the best effect.
Anyone else played this game? Anyone have similar trouble with it?
Overall, a great game though.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby Elitemsh » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am

Liao Ce wrote:I recently got Skyrim. It is awesome !!! It was good enough that I stopped playing NBA2k12 when I got it.
The only problem I see with the game is the difficulty. It will seem real easy for a long while, then I will run into somebody (or something) that just can't be beat. But if I put it on easy, then it is all too easy. Maybe I just stink at the game, or maybe I don't yet know how to level up my character for the best effect.
Anyone else played this game? Anyone have similar trouble with it?
Overall, a great game though.

You're playing on ps3 right? Isn't lag going to the real issue? Apparently it only initiates after you're a while into the game.I was thinking of getting this game before I read about the lag issue.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven