[MOD] Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 : Rise of Lu Bu BETA MOD

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Also, as a very minor thing: Wen Chou's picture has no beard, but his sprite had a bright green beard.

Details details! Will look into that. The Wen Chou pic was a recent change and I wasn't sure if it would work for people.

Ok, the mislead strategy does work a lot better then doubt-bombing, although it did get annoying to have to cast it every turn, since he voided mislead 4 times in a row on me. I would still lower his agility though for this encounter, considering the supporting cast can 2-shot you.

Would this eliminate the possibiliy of even losing then if it was guaranteed that you would always strike first? Mislead sometimes lasts multiple turns, although you can always have someone recast it on someone in anticipation that it will wear off, most people dont do that to save TP, though.

Thanks for the input, will have an update probably tomorrow
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:41 am

updated link
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:41 am

sonic.penguin wrote:
Also, as a very minor thing: Wen Chou's picture has no beard, but his sprite had a bright green beard.

Details details! Will look into that. The Wen Chou pic was a recent change and I wasn't sure if it would work for people.

Ok, the mislead strategy does work a lot better then doubt-bombing, although it did get annoying to have to cast it every turn, since he voided mislead 4 times in a row on me. I would still lower his agility though for this encounter, considering the supporting cast can 2-shot you.

Would this eliminate the possibiliy of even losing then if it was guaranteed that you would always strike first? Mislead sometimes lasts multiple turns, although you can always have someone recast it on someone in anticipation that it will wear off, most people dont do that to save TP, though.

Thanks for the input, will have an update probably tomorrow

Actually, I had to pre-emptively cast mislead in order to not die casting it. With Mi Zhu's reduced TP counts, by the time Lu Bu offed himself, I was left with 6 TP and a guarded Yuan Shao with about 700 HP vs. the rest of my lineup except Guan Yu having been ressed at least once. I had to burn my power pills to avoid Yuan Shao salving himself back up.

With the agility: What I mean is, I just don't want Lu Bu going 1st every turn, like he seems to do. If he was brought down to the other general's agility, where sometimes he did and sometimes he didn't, it would lower the fight difficulty a little, while not really impacting the strategies necessary in the fight (with the Mislead plan, you still have to survive until Lu Bu takes out his allies and hope he doesn't take out himself first, so you're not left with 3 good generals and you without Guard or Recover or Zeal; with the Doubt plan, you're still real low on TP and can have your entire plan negated with a single negate).

*edit*

Also, silly message. I tried to give Zhao Yun an Elixir C (which he was already carrying), and I got the message "Zhao Yun is carrying Elixir C differently." May want to fix that, not sure if that was in the original or not.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:37 am

Also, silly message. I tried to give Zhao Yun an Elixir C (which he was already carrying), and I got the message "Zhao Yun is carrying Elixir C differently." May want to fix that, not sure if that was in the original or not.

it is
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:40 pm

updated link on main page
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Tarrot » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm

The Jing battles I did post-patch are fine.

The Lu Bu battle, before it, his text makes no sense in context. The problem is, you have to say no to fight him in order to fight him, and it makes no sense there to say no to avoid the trap. I'd change it around. Also, if you made changes, thanks for the agility changes, since I don't think I could've done that battle without it.

Also, is there any way to recruit Pang Tong and Zhuge Liang?

Also, going back to recruit Lu Bu, the old guy there isn't Chen Gong, even though its his house, and there's no directions on where to go after that.

Also, Lu Bu's information? Maybe request, or demand, or something different with him, but information seems the wrong word.

I assume the 30k Dong Zhuo is the special battle going into Shu?

Also, in the first village, your line about the Undead Servant, the been goes past the box and shows up outside of the box.

Also, one guy says "There are many powerful warlords who will not show mercy." There's two spaces after warlords.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Also, in the first village, your line about the Undead Servant, the been goes past the box and shows up outside of the box.

This is due to a recent game change* will fix
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Just read your hidden one, yeah the point was there to be rather confusing so as to trick the player into choosing yes. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to save innocents? That was on purpose, did you fall for it?

Also yes, it is now officially Chen Gong's, just ask the guy outside and his sprite is the same as one earlier :P
Just my attempt to fake it.

I assume the 30k Dong Zhuo is the special battle going into Shu?

yeah. Actually there are 3 or 4 other special battles that were deleted from the game. I will have to ask James if he knows how to unlock these. ie: Huang Zhong and Wei Yan or Xu Huang and Guo Jia for example.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Just updated, fixed those text bugs + some additional ones due to officer name change
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 pm

sonic.penguin wrote:yeah. Actually there are 3 or 4 other special battles that were deleted from the game. I will have to ask James if he knows how to unlock these. ie: Huang Zhong and Wei Yan or Xu Huang and Guo Jia for example.

For some reason I remember trying to experiment with them but it not working out. If you want to give it a shot, all you need to do is make sure the battles are populated with the right information, and then assign them to the right location. To simplify things you could try assigning a deleted battle to a currently placed castle. If that works out, you could create a new location on the map and assign it accordingly. I think special encounters (e.g. Lü Bu in Shu) depend on hard-coded logic.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games