Board games

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Board games

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 pm

My favourite board game was Cluedo when I was younger!!

When I lived in Liverpool we bought the CSI board game, since Crime Night was our huge obsession on a Tuesday!! I tried not to play as much because I always got it right, I neer lost a game and given that you only get six cases, it kinda ruined it for everyone else!! But it was a good game!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:37 am

Monopoly is great, and a board with all British names just strikes me as too funny! I threw out all my board games ages ago, but when I was a kid Chutes and Ladders was a favorite. Also there were those gimmicky ones like Moustrap and Hungry Hungry Hippos. I also remember one called Careers, it was pretty elaborate with little sidetracks for each career path you could choose before hopefully getting to the end with the highest score. I liked it a lot and it was pretty educational.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:29 pm

I can't believe that you guys have different names for games. 'Chutes and Ladders' is called Snakes and Ladders in the UK. Careers sounds like 'The Game of Life'. My favourite board game... hmmmmm

I'd probably say my Pokemon Monopoly wins!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I don't play board games now but i did quite regularly when i was much younger. Two games come to mind for me. Game of Life and Atmosphere (at least i think that's what it was called). They were great games when you're that young. After i started secondary school, board games somewhat lost their appeal for me. Video games took over completely.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby KhanFeiHung » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 pm

My favorite board game and the one I play most often is Chu Shogi. I also play Dai Dai Shogi, Ko Shogi, Go, Xiang Qi, and Janggi. Surprisingly, I'm not much of a fan of western chess even though I did play it a lot when I was younger. After finding Shogi, my western chess playing took a nose dive.
話說天下大勢,分久必合,合久必分。
KhanFeiHung
Initiate

Unread postby Mestre Will » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Bord games , good memories .... I realy like War , War 2 , War Roman Empire

and also "Jogo da vida" (eng .: "The game of Live") , i play Imobiliary Bank but one with my own country places.
Good times.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:56 am

This thread is making me nostalgia.

My favorite board game growing up had to be Guess Who...even though I had a habit of flipping down the wrong people and screwing myself over...only really got into that game and Sorry when I was a kid, mostly because my grandmother didn't really like half the board games out there.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lu Sunde » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:36 am

I used to play chess in tournaments. Have a FIDE rating of 2009. I think I play fairly well although I'm certainly no match for FIDE Masters and above. Nowadays, I just play casually...
Lu Sunde
Apprentice

Unread postby Shen Ai » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:15 am

I liked playing who's in the bag and scrabble when I was young. But I've always loved chess.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:43 am

Playing a lot of Lord of the Rings: Risk recently. Good times!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven