Legend of Lu Bu walkthrough - Main Page

A special forum in which articles are transformed into articles at Kongming’s Archives. (Learn More)

Moderator: Kongming’s Archives Editors

Legend of Lu Bu walkthrough - Main Page

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:49 am

Title: Legend of Lu Bu Walkthrough

Short Title: Walkthrough

Original Author: Lady Wu

Keywords: legend of cao cao, legend of lu bu, locc, lolb, lu bu, tnu84, legend of cao cao mod, lu bu zhuan, xycq

Description: A detailed walkthrough of tnu84's Legend of Lu Bu, a Legend of Cao Cao mod. This walkthrough is based on Lady Wu's English translation of the game. Story synopsis and spoilers galore.

Legend of Lu Bu is a fan-made mod for Legend of Cao Cao, created by tnu84 of the Xuanyuan Chunqiu forum community in 2005. It features 58 all new levels (the maps are the same but they are played differently), a new cast (you play as Lu Bu), and tweaked unit and item characteristics. Some of the changes to the gameplay provides a challenge even to Legend of Cao Cao veterans--meticulous strategic planning, prudent budgeting, and sometimes luck are essential to success in this mod.

This walkthrough is a detailed walkthrough of all 58 stages in the two storylines, plus synopses of the story in between the stages.

Class Promotion Mini-Guide [tag should link to the class promotion mini-guide page]
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Re: Legend of Lu Bu walkthrough - in progress

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 am

James, do you know if there could possibly be a size restriction on these things? Right now I have the Conqueror Path stages in there. But once I stick the Early Stages or the Hero Path stages in, the formatting is broken. FWIW, the text for the Hero Path stages is here.

Also, any tips on how to make the file even more navigatable? I really like being able to go directly to a stage from the top menu, but after that it still looks like blobs of text to me. Suggestions?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Re: Legend of Lu Bu walkthrough - in progress

Unread postby James » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:48 am

Sorry I missed this. I've been reading the forum regularly but somehow I didn't catch this thread while sifting through the 'view latest posts' collection. Glad we were able to chat about it anyway, though. :)

For the benefit of everyone else, I'm not sure what trouble was coming up in regards to the length. But it is probably easiest to split a guide this big into separate 'articles' so it can be featured on separate pages over at KMA. I'll be watching the thread from now on, though!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Legend of Lu Bu walkthrough - Main Page

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am

At this rate I'll need my very own LoLB subforum! :lol:

All the anchor tags in the stage walkthrough pages will have to be modified to reflect the new path after the articles are uploaded.
Lady Wu

Return to KMA Articles