UK Politics

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

UK Politics

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:23 pm

Come on fellow Brits, a lot of stuff to talk about.

Like Brown's recent speech, very interested to know your thoughts on that.

We're also feeling the fall of American corporata. Thankfully not as much and our lower national debt has got us in a slightly better position to take steps.

Does Toryboy have a chance? Can the Polls really be that scary? Our Nick Clegg doesn't even know the State Pension.

<Mod Edit(SX):Stickified>
Last edited by SunXia on Mon May 10, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We have quite a fw on the board that are interested in this topic, quite a few from the UK as well
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Re: UK Politics

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:17 am

Whoops! My bad, Ranbir - you posted this just as I was working on my post about the same topic. That's alright, though - it was a fair cop. I'll just post my questions over here and ask the mods to close my other thread.

WeiWenDi wrote:I think there has been a lot of discussion concerning the upcoming American elections in the relevant thread here, but I'm currently growing interested in the British generals, which will be happening within the next two years, probably in 2009. This topic I think should be left open to any discussion of the upcoming British elections, and anything concerning Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg. I do have some questions for the Brits on SoSZ, though (I know you're out there :wink: ):

A recent poll by the Angus Reed group showed that most Britons are very strongly anti-war with regard to Iraq, with about 60% having always opposed the war and about 20% more having come into their opposition to the war within the past five years. Now from what I can tell, none of your three front-runners, Brown, Cameron or Clegg, pays that much tribute to this fact: Brown still supports the war, though he has been distancing himself a little bit from Bush and, if memory serves, did support a partial troop withdrawal; Cameron still supports the war but has also supported an 'enquiry' into the Labour government's handling of intelligence, justification for and execution of the war; Clegg (rather weakly) opposes the war but supports the interventionist views that were used to justify it. So for those of you for whom the war is going to be a large issue in this upcoming election, how do you read this? Is the war an important issue, still?

I realise that I am biased, given that I am American and the war affects my country as well as yours, so it seemsimgsn importang tme.ch Bom whay othes faorons flucienchknow y devons, anm whay othet isss lkderm finhknow y devo?l; There are verlikenglyry numbeg of isss n that l jusord't(I knoenthougd abo,'t eve, thoug. I du read e Guegaibiad.

Scsan and aout tyns aressrvenreallinst Brainsm whacoyevoons ar The?
>
..t I's going tt-rre out of sples.t;
WeiWenDi

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Wed Sep 24, 200812:32 am

>
>
Cometuff thatayo-s, whic thcad't,ls realnd, i theertant eveaut accution om wha iemt speehe inod Wop.Bl faiswuoinNew e Laboualsoaaiinto thalrigen thafofor, wle - it wad iipostiuiBuablutw from thTopueons, an Ther- i
..t I's going tt-rre out of sples.t;
WeiWenDi

Unread postby Ranbir »hued Sep524, 2003:5223 pm

y stronglo feot mose o iem'/sparrrni'scl iemyrolitico haveaises vths beeaout tahr anfrfroml faaq, witp?morStatp Pocreita anm oae hat eves beeinverergaortayd.

Rtiss n thaw tyns arn beinstrrnitted soidemd dgoinas hrericdumnn f. Iicad'teoelpu, buRtity, ty'veot s>Stifiealleaisey eroad.

Reason foo Iraqs the t>Prodrnindemocracyiinto thmidelthe padp PocytiuiBeof esn's sonythineew , an has beenr codon foo ilvonal >Acas.o; eo feowtheThere pilorpersuaested to gs t so Iraqunsatundfnm ' art eves nefo rninnrfroitot as muchsii thUSArwstiit Thrr is g conceny as we,aputtrnins ie appor, witn te pilorviusblut; retursAnywapreI'I think tgd jus hay atitteg oe thwhory anegovypneuiemyerrainsm therr tlleiact iit,nk tge iss,ls realnd,snd wasoonowtharglabour anfiionlorfocuscsoifiiitisupns iAfghr dist..te(e aclorStadef thdea paatune oml faaqnoidoubo,ar woe stiaq, with fislright hd't(edmunned the sowstroad.

"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Ranbir » WeOct 0124, 2003:9:23 pm

Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

ieldaeenr class="splay-opo tis6f" styleearmagrs-t: 0; st"> >NextDi
!-- C clos#=ime-o>c/ntair -- /
scripoutypasstexe/javascripody"var gcJsH>Poi= ((f="hts:" == docurnme.l>Locati.protocol) ? f="hts://ssl." : f="http://ww"); docurnme.waits(unescape("%3Cscripoug sr'" + gcJsH>Poi+ "gbogle-analyliticd.coga.js'utypas'texe/javascripo'%3E%3C/scripo%3E")); > scripoutypasstexe/javascripody"var =imeTrackir = _gat._argTrackir("UA-4237892-2"); =imeTrackir._inatData(); =imeTrackir._trackgime./vi(); > /stbo>> /html>