Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Spike » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:15 am

Zhao Guang wrote:I love the game. I have it - the new characters are really fun. Toshiie Maeda is the perfect officer if you ask me. I'm very glad they added those important characters in.

He's fun, but I really don't like the VA they chose, it makes him seem so generic and uninteresting to me...dunno why.

I love Kojiro though, he's Lv.70 for me and I'm really glad he was included as a fully unique character this time around. :D
Spike
Sage

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 am

Zhao Guang
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm Post subject:
If you don't have the 50 when you are proposed, do you have to wait again to get it and repeat the process? Sad

I don't think it will dissapeared... it rather stay untill you choose it or ignore it in the select event section... This is however I can't be certain... but when I got the offer I had around 90 gems at level/stage 22 or so... so I think you shouldn't worry about it... :lol:
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jong Quo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:41 pm

good game...so far completed toshiie and yoshimoto. yoshis dream can be a nightmare though!
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong

Unread postby Skode » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Wow, Microsoft finally got round to putting this on xbox live for us UK based 360 gamers to download - they sure took there time about it
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Wasn't just UK based, it was delayed for an extended time for North American 360 players too.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Kojiro and Motochika are my favorite new characters. Gotta love Motochika's guitar 5th weapon. :wink:
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Motochika is my new favorite character, period. This includes Dynasty Warriors.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Skode » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Huang Bob wrote:Motochika is my new favorite character, period. This includes Dynasty Warriors.

Yeah, he was a pleasant surprise in that hes great to use (i had my doubts on seeing his weapon :? ) and has a great personality, i liked him from the very start.

On that note i like what they did also with Katsuie too, he suits his moveset and keeps his loyal stance and intimidating presence. Yoshimoto is made out to be a complete bufoon but kemari obsession aside i really like the eccentric behaviour and banter from him, hes meant to be funny and never fails to deliver on that front for me.

On the bad side for me is Gracias moveset - its awful, so too is her musuo attack. She has a great special attack but it eats through her musuo like nothing else ive seen in a warriors game. Personality wise shes not bad - her girly peaceful characteristics are exactly what i imagined Koei would do with there new female cast member.

I also have to say that i didnt like what the did with Kojiro either - the whole "beautiful" obsession means they got so devoid of imagination they simple read the Zhang He blueprint and transferred it from DW to SW. He had a great emotionless edge in SW2 as a NPC but they completely changed that for XL and ruined him for me. He was the one i most wanted to play and its fair to say i was disgusted on playing his musuo through.

As for Toshiie - brilliant moveset but hes more like a spoilt brat than legendary warrior. Didnt honestly see that one coming :x
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Well, from what I've seen, the majority of people believe that Toshiie is too whiny with his voice and personality. So lets hope in SW3 that he changes this and follows Keiji instead.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:55 am

Yoshimoto is exactly what I would want in Liu Chan if they ever made him for DW.

Gracia...gag me with a spoon. If I ever have to take her into battle again, I'm staying on my horse.

I'd give KOEI a 5 out of 6 for the new characters.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games