Unique NPC's???

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Should Unique NPC's be in the next game??

Yes
21
81%
No
2
8%
Not Sure (please explain)
3
12%
 
Total votes : 26

Unread postby Skode » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:43 pm

MistroPain wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:I think that Guo Jia should be an NPC, not because he's a strategist or such, but because his role isn't that long in the story itself *not to mention he died early because of illness*. They should add some really noteable characters like Cheng Pu into a playable characters.


I dnt understand, there are so many battles Gou Jia was involved in, he dies after Dian Wei anyway, and Dian Wei was added.


If they want to add a strategist for around that time then Xun Yu would and should get the nod over Guo Jia if were honest. Yeah Dian Wei died prior to Guo Jia but he actually fought in more battles and was a pinnacle in saving the life of Cao Cao - Guo Jia simply doesnt have that kind of angle for a playable character.

Anyway the games dont have dozens of different battles if Guo Jia were to be playable hed be crammed in all the same battles as Dian Wei and it would be innapropriate to remove the likes of Xiahou Dun or Dian Wei from earlier battles to participate him.
User avatar
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: lost in the forest, never to return

Unread postby MistroPain » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Skode wrote:
MistroPain wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:I think that Guo Jia should be an NPC, not because he's a strategist or such, but because his role isn't that long in the story itself *not to mention he died early because of illness*. They should add some really noteable characters like Cheng Pu into a playable characters.


I dnt understand, there are so many battles Gou Jia was involved in, he dies after Dian Wei anyway, and Dian Wei was added.


If they want to add a strategist for around that time then Xun Yu would and should get the nod over Guo Jia if were honest. Yeah Dian Wei died prior to Guo Jia but he actually fought in more battles and was a pinnacle in saving the life of Cao Cao - Guo Jia simply doesnt have that kind of angle for a playable character.

Anyway the games dont have dozens of different battles if Guo Jia were to be playable hed be crammed in all the same battles as Dian Wei and it would be innapropriate to remove the likes of Xiahou Dun or Dian Wei from earlier battles to participate him.


Why would they remove Xiahou Dun and Dian Wei just cause they added Gou Jia??
I am however starting to agree with you, but preferably over Xun Yu id choose a different strategist like Jia Xu. Only cause Jia Xu is there longer and has been on more sides.
Although i would personally love it if Chen Gong was to be added. :D
Especially since they can add a scene were Cao Cao tries to kill Dong Zhou but Lu Bu walks in before he can, so he pretends he was presenting a gift to Dong Zhou and takes a horse and legs it, then he is arrested but explained his problem to Chen Gong who joins him, they ride away, he kills his uncle for bad reasons, Chen Gong leaves him.
Ends up joining Lu Bu! :D
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 am

I think if Koei does add another strategist, it will be someone more remarakble during the 3 kingdoms period...or maybe one of Sima Yi's sons?
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
User avatar
Kasumi14
Sage
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Never,neverland

Unread postby Skode » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:47 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:I think if Koei does add another strategist, it will be someone more remarakble during the 3 kingdoms period...or maybe one of Sima Yi's sons?


Like Jia Xu, Xun Yu or Chen Gong basically :lol: . Take into consideration the timeline the game covers and those 3 aside there aint many stand outs for creation by Koei - who else is there... Lu Su or Zhang Zhao for Wu but they have enough strategists. Shu had no such men at there disposal until Xu Shu but he wasnt there long enough and i certainly dont think that Mi Zhu or Sun Qian would be viable, of the others maybe Guo Tu because of his links with Yuan Shao and Zhang He but no one else stands out.

One of Sima Yis sons is pointless until they expand the timeline the games cover and if the do so surely Deng Ai would get the first draft as well as the return of Jiang Wei
User avatar
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: lost in the forest, never to return

Unread postby MistroPain » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Skode wrote:
Kasumi14 wrote:I think if Koei does add another strategist, it will be someone more remarakble during the 3 kingdoms period...or maybe one of Sima Yi's sons?


Like Jia Xu, Xun Yu or Chen Gong basically :lol: . Take into consideration the timeline the game covers and those 3 aside there aint many stand outs for creation by Koei - who else is there... Lu Su or Zhang Zhao for Wu but they have enough strategists. Shu had no such men at there disposal until Xu Shu but he wasnt there long enough and i certainly dont think that Mi Zhu or Sun Qian would be viable, of the others maybe Guo Tu because of his links with Yuan Shao and Zhang He but no one else stands out.

One of Sima Yis sons is pointless until they expand the timeline the games cover and if the do so surely Deng Ai would get the first draft as well as the return of Jiang Wei


Gou Tu REMARKABLE??
Are you joking, the guy is a joke, he is one of the worst strategists ever, if it wasnt for him, Yuan Shao may have prevailed against Cao Cao, or at least held up for MUCH longer, in fact it was his fault Zhang He switches to Cao Cao, and Zhang He had the smart plan, i will NEVER accept him as a new addition to the game, he is so rubbish.
Im sorry i had to burst out like that, but GOU TU!!!
Now Shen Pei, he was a good strategist under Yuan Shao, same with Tien Feng but he wouldnt be that good as he was in prison the whole time.
BTW to say Shu has no good strategist is also wrong there is:
-Chen Deng (plays games with Lu Bu causing his defeat, then again thats it)
-Deng Zhi (smart, good enough, lead vanguards aswell as one time nearly cooking himself to create an alliance between Shu and Wu)
-Fei Yi (nearly as smart as Jiang Wei, very good and capable strategist)
-Fa Zheng (arguably the best strategist in Shu, very good leader, apparently Zhuge Liang thinks that if Fa Zheng was still alive then Yiling would never have happened)

BTW Sun Qian and Mi Zhu are both perfectly good players to add.

BTW just a hint to everyone here, i only just noticed weve been off topic for a LONG time, were not talking about Unique NPC's, instead were talking about players to add.
Sorry to ruin the fun, it is a very good conversation, lets move this all to the Shu wanted list or watever.
Here i made a thread, lets use this:
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Well...does Liu Shan count as 'unique' as a NPC?
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
User avatar
Kasumi14
Sage
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Never,neverland

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:Well...does Liu Shan count as 'unique' as a NPC?


Well Liu Shan isnt a Unique NPC is he, unless your saying that he should be made into a unique NPC then i definatly agree.
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah, I mean that way. From I read in the novel, in the early reign of Liu Shan, he seems to be quite a nice emperor, before falling down badly later...so I guess he would make quite a nice 'unique' NPC.

Well..if the fans think that Xing Cai should just be rid off, then maybe KOEI should add her as an 'unique' NPC too, together with Liu Shan.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
User avatar
Kasumi14
Sage
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Never,neverland

Unread postby MistroPain » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Kasumi14 wrote:Yeah, I mean that way. From I read in the novel, in the early reign of Liu Shan, he seems to be quite a nice emperor, before falling down badly later...so I guess he would make quite a nice 'unique' NPC.

Well..if the fans think that Xing Cai should just be rid off, then maybe KOEI should add her as an 'unique' NPC too, together with Liu Shan.


This time im gonna have to disagree, Xing Cai is one of those people who should either be playable, or just not in the game, not even as an NPC let alone a Unique one.
Plu si do agree that Liu Shan had an interesting rise and down fall.
Starts Virtuis like the book version of his father, eventually due to the Eunuchs his Empire becomes corrupt and evil (similair to Wu) and its the same downfall as the Han surprisingly.
The bad Shu looses its supporters and Wei comes in for the scoop (or Jin) and its all cause Liu Shan becomes Ignorant and doesnt listen to his true advisors and instead to the Eunuchs who take advantage of the situation.
User avatar
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:45 pm

This time im gonna have to disagree, Xing Cai is one of those people who should either be playable, or just not in the game, not even as an NPC let alone a Unique one.

I'm suggesting her as an unique NPC, this time not because of her abilities or roles in the story, but more because that actually she seems to get a lot of haters *I like Xing Cai..but it's hard to found stuff about her*, so rather than having KOEI removed her completely just like in DW6, being an unique NPC is better than nothing.
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
User avatar
Kasumi14
Sage
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Never,neverland

PreviousNext

Return to Dynasty Warriors Training

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved

 
cron