Dynasty Warriors (Shin Sangoku Musou) PC Thread

Koei’s Dynasty Warriors game series. Discuss and enjoy!

Do you own a PC version of Dynasty Warriors?

Yes
58%
No
20%
I want to
22%

Total votes : 64

Unread postby ZenZach » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:00 am

That's cool. I did not know there was a DW for PC. I'm going to check into this.
\"Do not turn your back on the various ways of this world.\"

-Miyamoto Musashi
ZenZach
Academic

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:46 am

I'm working on a "tweak" for DW5:Special (Traditional Chinese). Among the features:

- NPC's such as Cheng Pu, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, and Shamoke have the weapons they use in the novel.
- Certain NPC's that play important roles will have slightly altered movesets (for instance, Cao Xing and Ding Feng both have the ability to shoot arrows)
- Some officers, such as Liu Biao, have different models.
- More officers are "powered-up." For instance, Zhou Yu and Cheng Pu will both have Hyper Mode at Chibi, Sun Jian and Hua Xiong will have Hyper Mode at Sishui Gate, etc.
- Bigger diversity of weapon appearances among generic officers.
- Xiao Qiao now shows up at Chibi. Various other battle NPC tweaks.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby bdk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm

has anyone made a faq or walkthru or any type of patch for the pc versions. specifically shin sangoku musou 4 special. I got my hands on a copy from a friend oversea's and well. I can get by with most of the menu's ...but things like options and whatnot I can. and a patch to english or even a little walkthru of things explaining each one would go a long long LONG ways for me. especially since I like to tweak settings and whatnot to get the most out of my game. ...any help is appreciated if possible on menus
bdk
Tyro

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:11 am

bdk wrote:has anyone made a faq or walkthru or any type of patch for the pc versions. specifically shin sangoku musou 4 special. I got my hands on a copy from a friend oversea's and well. I can get by with most of the menu's ...but things like options and whatnot I can. and a patch to english or even a little walkthru of things explaining each one would go a long long LONG ways for me. especially since I like to tweak settings and whatnot to get the most out of my game. ...any help is appreciated if possible on menus

Aside from having a Chinese-speaking friend to help you, I don't think you'll find much help understanding the game. Hell, lots of Chinese people, myself included, have no idea what some of the technical PC terms translate to in Chinese. Therefore, setting the game up for me has been a matter of just cranking everything up to max most of the time. Maybe we can all work on a menu translation guide here at SoSZ. Who knows. :?
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:19 am

There's an English voice patch for DW5, is there a patch for English translation as well?
Oh, is there any specific specification for DW5?I don't know why, I've tested 3 different DVDs and I always failed when I'm trying to copy the linkdata.bin...so I figure if there's a special specification for it...

*sorry for turning this into technical question :oops: *
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby bdk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:53 pm

well I did get lucky under options actually.

I'm not sure how but under the options menu ...the very top choice

I went in there and the 4th or 5th one down changed the voices to english. goes a long ways in extreme mode being able to understand things.

and I looked up the prices for the shops in the ps2 version.
they matched up
the only one that isnt easy is bow and horse whch have the same price

so english voice overs and a little sheet of paper with the various prices writen down = me doing tons better in extreme mode now
bdk
Tyro

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:54 am

Kasumi14 wrote:There's an English voice patch for DW5, is there a patch for English translation as well?
Oh, is there any specific specification for DW5?I don't know why, I've tested 3 different DVDs and I always failed when I'm trying to copy the linkdata.bin...so I figure if there's a special specification for it...

*sorry for turning this into technical question :oops: *

Does the installation fail when copying files? That is a case of a faulty disc, perhaps scratches, dust, etc. The only situation where a game fails to work would be at launch, in the form of a crash, or a blunt "system doesn't meet requirements" popup notice. I have experienced neither. The first copy I bought visiting China was buggy though, it didn't have FMVs and it had a custom installer. Smelled like bootleg to me. The version I have now works flawlessly.

And for the record, DW5 Special comes with English as an option, not from a patch. I guess it's a nice novelty for Japanese customers to have English to listen to.
[Current System]
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Kasumi14 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:34 pm

The one that my friend have is the Chinese one - but he have to get the English Voice Patch somewhere else, not from the DVD...

Why won't KOEI just release DW5 special in English just like DW4 Hyper...
Meh, most of my posts are in interrogative sentences...forgive my lack of knowledge.
Kasumi14
Sage

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 pm

There's no patch. It's in the options.

日語 to 英語 . Look for the 日語 in the options.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:52 am

Dynasty Warriors 6 is coming to PC this summer, with a Japanese release date set at July 08.

Link: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou5/
[Current System]
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

PreviousNext